This Is Not Official...

HiJolly

1 Oct 2011

SATURDAY MORNING SESSION

# Title

HB 1 .The Morning Breaks

HB 71 With Songs of Praise

......We Ever Pray for Thee

HB 6 .Redeemer of Israel (Congregational Hymn)

New ..I Am a Child of God

New ..Press Forward, Saints

2 Oct 2011

SUNDAY MORNING SESSION

# Title

HB 45 Lead Me into Life Eternal

......Guide Us, O Thou Great Jehovah

......Consider the Lilies

HB 19 We Thank Thee, O God, for a Prophet (CongregationalHymn)

......I’ll Go Where You Want Me to Go

......I Believe in Christ

2 Oct 2011

SUNDAY AFTEROON SESSION

# Title

.....Arise, O God and Shine

.....I Feel My Savior’s Love

HB 3 Now Let Us Rejoice (Congregational Hymn)

New .Lord, We Ask Thee Ere We Part

...and it is subject to change.

HiJolly

1 Oct 2011

SATURDAY MORNING SESSION

# Title

HB 1 .The Morning Breaks

HB 71 With Songs of Praise

HB 6 .Redeemer of Israel (Congregational Hymn)

2 Oct 2011

SUNDAY MORNING SESSION

# Title

Guide Us, O Thou Great Jehovah

HB 19 We Thank Thee, O God, for a Prophet (CongregationalHymn)

2 Oct 2011

SUNDAY AFTEROON SESSION

# Title

.....Arise, O God and Shine

HB 3 Now Let Us Rejoice (Congregational Hymn)

New .Lord, We Ask Thee Ere We Part

HiJolly

I would be happy with these =)

I always watch for you, and enjoy catching a glimpse of you... I still think you should wear a flower in your lapel, or a purple tie so we can all see you... Ha!

Love the choir!

GG

I always watch for you, and enjoy catching a glimpse of you... I still think you should wear a flower in your lapel, or a purple tie so we can all see you... Ha!

Love the choir!

GG

More of us would watch for you ... if we knew what you look like! ;)

Does Infinity cable have a channel for KBYU?

Depends on what region you are in. Outside of Utah if it is anywhere it'd be in the prefered or classic, but not sure it is worth the price. Especially when you can view it online.

Edited by volgadon

I almost always love the men-only choirs in the Priesthood Session--especially when they combine the Tabernacle Choir men with the combined men's choirs from BYU. Do you know and can you tell us what the plan is for this upcoming Priesthood Session?

Also, I have a special request for Brother Wilberg: do a Wilberg arrangement of Come, Thou Glorious Day of Promise (#50 in the hymnbook). I really like that hymn, but it is more or less unknown among the Saints. It was a favorite of my grandfather (William Hardy, 1879-1968) who was a life-long director of choirs in Davis County, and a good friend of Evan Stephens.

Incidentally, I have been asked to play the organ and also organize a special choral number for our stake's upcoming General Priesthood meeting. I am assembling a men's quartet to perform Brightly Beams Our Father's Mercy (I'll sing either the bass or the baritone part). We will be doing it a cappella. I love that song done a cappella.

I almost always love the men-only choirs in the Priesthood Session--especially when they combine the Tabernacle Choir men with the combined men's choirs from BYU. Do you know and can you tell us what the plan is for this upcoming Priesthood Session?

I'm sorry, I don't know.

HJ

• 2 weeks later...
Bishop e-mailed me and asked if we would be interested in the SUNDAY 6 P.M. session? I know there is a Saturday night session, but Sunday Night?

Anyone know about this? I need to get out from under my rock more often.

What time zone do you live in? Where I live, we will have the Priesthood session on Sunday night.

Regards,

Pahoran

David & Debbie Gehris decide where we sit, with input from the production folks and the conductors, Mack & Ryan.

The primary directive at the present time is that the tallest people sit in the back, with highest voices starting at the left. The specific seats are assigned out and remain in place usually for about 6 months.

Some special events, like the Berlioz Requiem we did last month, we get a whole different seating for.

HiJolly

Cool. I've come to recognize where some faces that have become familiar (yours included) usually are. Every now and then there seems to be a shuffling. I always wondered why.

Thanks.

Did you know C.H. Hill? He's a friend of mine who was in the choir some years ago.

Edited by ERMD