I am Sisyphus!

Bill Hamblin

Poor DCP is a modern-day Sisyphus, eternally pushing the Malevolent Stalker's stones up the hill. Break your chains, Dan. Set yourself free! Ignore him! That's far more attention than he deserves, and nothing would annoy him more.

SCRATCH

You despise me, don't you?

DCP

If I gave you any thought, I probably would.

Poor DCP is a modern-day Sisyphus, eternally pushing the Malevolent Stalker's stones up the hill. Break your chains, Dan. Set yourself free! Ignore him! That's far more attention than he deserves, and nothing would annoy him more.

Perhaps some of you folks should do an intervention . . . ?

I have to say that his posts of every rediculous thing Malevolent Stalker says is getting annoying. I keep rating those topics as a 1-star topic.

Not every ridiculous thing, just a select selection of them. And Dan is probably even more annoyed by it than you are, but feels it necessary to do it for a variety of reasons (others' reputations who aren't here to defend themselves for one).

scratch is absolutely terrified of revealing anything about himself, from his personal belief system to his reasonings for obsessing with DCP. He is a very tired and very scared person. He is absolutely deranged in his views regarding the lack of success in Mormon Apologetics and Church success in general. I feel bad for him.

Anyone for walrus?

Koob koob a choob. Oh wait. You are all too young for that.

Oh no, they re-released it. The apostate version anyway.

SCRATCH

You despise me, don't you?

DCP

If I gave you any thought, I probably would.

I think it's meant to be entertainment, or at least that is how I look at it, so please don't encourage either one of them to stop what they are doing as long as they are both enjoying themselves.

Crap, I thought we were summoning Zuul.

Zuulie, you nut, let me talk to Dana.

Not every ridiculous thing, just a select selection of them. And Dan is probably even more annoyed by it than you are, but feels it necessary to do it for a variety of reasons (others' reputations who aren't here to defend themselves for one).

I sincerely hope that no one believes that anyone's reputation is at risk in any appreciable way from things written on an obscure message board read by an insignificant number of people. If they do, they need an intervention. :P

I'll sign up for Confucius.

My daughter took a class on comparative religion. As she was learning about Confucius, it all reminded her strongly of her dad. She wrote a paper for the class comparing the two. It was revealed that I think interior decorating consists of making sure there's enough bookcases.

Wood

I'll sign up for Confucius.

My daughter took a class on comparative religion. As she was learning about Confucius, it all reminded her strongly of her dad. She wrote a paper for the class comparing the two. It was revealed that I think interior decorating consists of making sure there's enough bookcases.

Wood

thats quite funny, wood

I don't think reputations are on the line in a major way when my Malevolent Stalker posts his malicious and hostile falsehoods on a small public message board. If I did, I would respond far more vigorously than simply contradicting him (and, sometimes, making fun of him) on a larger public message board.

Virtually nobody that I know pays even the slightest attention to him, nor even knows that he exists. And, even over at the Compound, the more reasonable types don't take him seriously. (I know, because they write to me from time to time to comment, among other things, on his antics.)

But I do think it worthwhile to publicly contradict at least some of his baseless public claims and his unjustified public accusations -- trust me, I'm not even close to mentioning all of them here -- and I've been quite gratified, honestly, to see his credibility in such shreds and tatters recently. He has, of course, always trafficked in untruths. But, recently, his misrepresentations, distortions, and lies (e.g., "Mormon Scholars Testify" is in decline, the Maxwell Institute's budget has been cut by nearly 90% on orders of the fictional Packer Faction, etc.) have been more brazenly obvious (in a sense, more plainly lunatic) than they've previously been, at least over the four years that I've been the target of his hate-fueled obsession. (He may have had a career before that -- writing crank letters to his local throw-away paper, for example, or collecting bottle caps, or filing law suits against his neighbors, or talking on late-night radio about his abduction by aliens -- but, if so, I'm unaware of it.)

Archived