Seriously No Politics ×

Did anyone else get a Pro-Islam PM, here at Christmas?

7 hours ago, Bill "Papa" Lee said:

Thanks for the name. Has he posted here before, other than PM's? 

No.  He/she is following me as well.  I did reply to him and say that I wasn't a scholar and it might be best to post on the board for those who knew more.  He never replied.

Yes, I got it, too. I just deleted it, because there was no indication that he meant it for me personally.

It is a nice change, though, from using conquest as the proselyting tool of choice.

On January 11, 2018 at 2:26 PM, mnn727 said:

I feel left out now. :(

I could send you one, but I am very pro-Mormon, and know little about Islam. But that way you won't feel left out. I am not sure, can a PM be forwarded? If so, it would allow you to take a look. The one who posted it, did a really good job of quoting all scripture. 

On January 11, 2018 at 10:36 PM, Rain said:

No.  He/she is following me as well.  I did reply to him and say that I wasn't a scholar and it might be best to post on the board for those who knew more.  He never replied.

When you say "following you", do you mean like people do on Facebook? I often find people following me from (at least by name) the Middle East. Or in many cases just one or two who just rearrange their names or spelling. Or, are there people who do so on this website? If so, I never knew that was possible. 

6 hours ago, Bill "Papa" Lee said:

When you say "following you", do you mean like people do on Facebook? I often find people following me from (at least by name) the Middle East. Or in many cases just one or two who just rearrange their names or spelling. Or, are there people who do so on this website? If so, I never knew that was possible. 

Following me on this, MD&D, website.

By the way, you have 85 followers.

Edited by Rain
19 hours ago, Rain said:

Following me on this, MD&D, website.

By the way, you have 85 followers.

What does following someone do, anyway?  I have gotten notifications of new posts on threads I follow, but never anything about any of the people I follow.  It's set to immediate notification.

Or does it tell me when someone posts on their own timeline, which I don't think anyone does.  I don't, anyway. 

20 hours ago, rodheadlee said:

Yes, I got one from Goya. I ignored it.

It was just a drive-by proselytization.  He wasn't interested in discussion, or else he would have responded to the few who replied to his PM.  I think he think he gets extra points for making the effort.