Seriously No Politics ×

My Dad

Jeanne

2 minutes ago, MorningStar said:

Oh, I'm so sorry for your loss!  <3 

Thank you MorningStar.  It is a loss..and yet that poor little body could not take it anymore..I will miss him...but so relieved that he is no longer struggling.  Thank you again.

2 hours ago, Jeanne said:

Hey all, through all the thick and thin of my relationship with my father, you guys have always provided some good advice, compassion, comfort and assurance.  For the past two days, I  have gone up to visit with him and just read while he quietly leaves the world.  Yesterday I talked to him for a long time and told him that I wanted him to have the Merriest Christmas....to drive his truck, ride a horse, dance.and play the mandolin again.

Today at 2 this afternoon...he went to do that

Thank you for seeing me through the rough times.  Thank you for telling me how to wash garments...and how to still believe that there is life after this mortal sphere.  For all the people that were waiting fro Dad to come...I would like to think that his little grand daughter came first.

Anyway...very grateful that I ended up having some time with my father...

Everyone hug a parent for me today,

Love, Jeanne

What a blessing that you had that closure and you were such a respectful loving daughter through good times and bad. I hope that you have the support you need at this time for getting ready for his funeral etc. It's not easy losing a parent, I hope heaven is like you mention here, it's my hope my dad is doing what he loved too!!

1 hour ago, Tacenda said:

What a blessing that you had that closure and you were such a respectful loving daughter through good times and bad. I hope that you have the support you need at this time for getting ready for his funeral etc. It's not easy losing a parent, I hope heaven is like you mention here, it's my hope my dad is doing what he loved too!!

Thank you so much.

18 hours ago, Jeanne said:

Hey all, through all the thick and thin of my relationship with my father, you guys have always provided some good advice, compassion, comfort and assurance.  For the past two days, I  have gone up to visit with him and just read while he quietly leaves the world.  Yesterday I talked to him for a long time and told him that I wanted him to have the Merriest Christmas....to drive his truck, ride a horse, dance.and play the mandolin again.

Thank you for seeing me through the rough times.  Thank you for telling me how to wash garments...and how to still believe that there is life after this mortal sphere.  For all the people that were waiting fro Dad to come...I would like to think that his little grand daughter came first.

Love, Jeanne

I'm so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful way to part with your dad. Best to you.

4 minutes ago, jkwilliams said:

My parents are 82 and 80, so I know it's just a matter of time. In the meantime, I am trying to get as much time as I can with them.

Wonderful...ask them for stories...when Dad was kind of loose with words..I found out all kinds of things about him that I did not know.  His relationship with his own father helped me understand my relationship with him.  Amazing..these people have so much to share.  God bless you!

Edited by Jeanne

22 hours ago, Jeanne said:

Love, Jeanne

Being with those you love, even those whom have caused pain, and God has given us the grace to forgive, is a Spiritual experience. Even in that pain, there is a certain joy that cannot be explained. I am so glad you were able to be there, during such a sacred moment. May God our Father bless you at this time, and he who is so willing to forgive all, do so for us all. I also pray that he gives you the strength to deal with the issues over the coming days.  

Edited by Bill "Papa" Lee
39 minutes ago, Bill "Papa" Lee said:

Being with those you love, even those whom have caused pain, and God has given us the grace to forgive, is a Spiritual experience. Even in that pain, there is a certain joy that cannot be explained. I am so glad you were able to be there, during such a sacred moment. May God our Father bless you at this time, and he who is so willing to forgive all, do so for us all. I also pray that he gives you the strength to deal with the issues over the coming days.  

Beautiful thoughts PaPa ..thank you.

2 hours ago, Okrahomer said:

I’m sorry for your loss, Jeanne.  May the Lord speak peace to you.

There is peace in knowing that my Dad is without pain and any pain that is within this realm in misunderstandings...I will let go.  Thank you.

1 hour ago, Garden Girl said:

I'm so sorry Jeanne for your loss... but thankful you had some close time with him...

GG

Me, too GG.  There are things that matter and things that don't anymore..  I have learned so much from all of this.