Seriously No Politics ×

Physical copies of the new PMG?

Has anyone here seen a physical copy of the new Preach My Gospel? i asked the elders and they said it's on back order and they don't even have one although it's online or something for them. They didn't seem to know when it would come in. Does anyone know if a physical copy is available? I don't see it at the Distribution Centre or at Deseret Books

I just tried to order a copy in https://store.churchofjesuschrist.org/, and weirdly, "English" wasn't in the dropdown list of available languages! So, I tried German, since that's my mission language, but it said it was "Temporarily Out of Stock". It happens that Greek is available, and so I ordered a copy in that language as a gift to my nephew, who served his mission in Greece. I am assuming that he doesn't already have a copy.

I have a physical copy of the previous version, but the book size is small, as is the font, and my eyes are getting old, so it's rather difficult to read. I think they make it small so the full-time missionaries can more easily carry it around -- and they don't generally suffer from presbyopia. Or cataracts, and such.

2 hours ago, Duncan said:

Has anyone here seen a physical copy of the new Preach My Gospel? i asked the elders and they said it's on back order and they don't even have one although it's online or something for them. They didn't seem to know when it would come in. Does anyone know if a physical copy is available? I don't see it at the Distribution Centre or at Deseret Books

We got ours a week or so before January.  I wonder if they ran out because everyone uses the same one now and they didn't make enough?

11 minutes ago, Stargazer said:

I have a physical copy of the previous version, but the book size is small, as is the font, and my eyes are getting old, so it's rather difficult to read. I think they make it small so the full-time missionaries can more easily carry it around -- and they don't generally suffer from presbyopia. Or cataracts, and such.

You'd want a new one anyway because it's completely new this year since they made the change to everyone using the same one regardless of class/age/purpose.

Just now, bluebell said:

We got ours a week or so before January.  I wonder if they ran out because everyone uses the same one now and they didn't make enough?

that could be, the elders said after I asked them before there is a 3 month wait, I gather they are printing more. I kick it old school, I like a physical copy😶‍🌫️

1 minute ago, bluebell said:

You'd want a new one anyway because it's completely new this year since they made the change to everyone using the same one regardless of class/age/purpose.

Yes, I was aware of this. Or that there was a second edition of PMG.

But are you saying that the new one is the third iteration of PMG?

2 minutes ago, Stargazer said:

Yes, I was aware of this. Or that there was a second edition of PMG.

But are you saying that the new one is the third iteration of PMG?

Oh wait!! For some reason I was thinking he was asking about the new CFM manual.  Oops!  Yeah, I'm pretty sure there's only two editions of the PMG, with the second one being new this year.

5 minutes ago, Duncan said:

that could be, the elders said after I asked them before there is a 3 month wait, I gather they are printing more. I kick it old school, I like a physical copy😶‍🌫️

So I just realized that I (for who knows why) thought you had asked about the CFM manual.  Sorry!  I have no idea what's going on with the new PMG manual and I don't know if we've gotten any or not.  Probably not.

4 minutes ago, bluebell said:

So I just realized that I (for who knows why) thought you had asked about the CFM manual.  Sorry!  I have no idea what's going on with the new PMG manual and I don't know if we've gotten any or not.  Probably not.

oh we have buckets and buckets of CFM! but nothing about PMG

9 minutes ago, bluebell said:

Oh wait!! For some reason I was thinking he was asking about the new CFM manual.  Oops!  Yeah, I'm pretty sure there's only two editions of the PMG, with the second one being new this year.

We only just got our new curriculum materials last week. I imagine that the church printing presses are working overtime.

16 minutes ago, Duncan said:

I always try to get physical and electronic versions of all my reading material. And if it's available on Audible, I'll get that, too.

On 1/24/2024 at 2:30 PM, bluebell said:

You had me going for a minute, I was wondering if there was an age specific version of Preach My Gospel that I had missed out on.  (i.e. Preach My Gospel for 8 to 10 years old?)

They announced some time ago that English would be digital only (presumably because those who speak English in the world have pretty solid digital access, and many only use that).   You'll have to print the .pdf version if you want a hard copy:  any printers will bind it for you if you want to pay for that.  (And yes this stinks for the dinasours who still like books.  (Wonder if they published it to Kindle?)

On 1/29/2024 at 10:30 AM, rpn said:

They announced some time ago that English would be digital only (presumably because those who speak English in the world have pretty solid digital access, and many only use that).   You'll have to print the .pdf version if you want a hard copy:  any printers will bind it for you if you want to pay for that.  (And yes this stinks for the dinasours who still like books.  (Wonder if they published it to Kindle?)

If in .pdf you can email it to your kindle address. It doesn't work as well as a kindle version, but is an option.