Seriously No Politics ×

The Problem w LDSMen

8 hours ago, Grug the Neanderthal said:

Same here. 

Do they pay income and SS taxes?

On 3/23/2023 at 6:06 PM, bluebell said:

You are probably right for some but I don’t think such a blanket statement works for all.

I don’t equate emotional with the spirit, and the quickest way for me to doubt an experience is from the spirit is for me to feel overly emotional. I don’t think I’m unique with that.

In my experience (and it’s completely anecdotal) people say/would say that women are more spiritual because the RS (again, speaking only from my experience) had higher attendance, higher visiting teaching numbers, had more prepared RS teachers than EQ, and higher temple attendance numbers.

I’m sure that in other regions of the world it was quite different. 

Sure, I can understand the higher RS attendance, visiting teaching etc. .  . .but my guess is that the numbers for RS, visiting teaching etc. have dropped quite a bit.  It's one thing to do visiting teaching when you are a stay at home wife/mother and bring your small children or have older children in school and don't work a 9-5 job.

There is a reason why men's numbers are traditionally lower; and it ain't about spirituality-it's about time and commitments.  

12 minutes ago, YJacket said:

Sure, I can understand the higher RS attendance, visiting teaching etc. .  . .but my guess is that the numbers for RS, visiting teaching etc. have dropped quite a bit.  It's one thing to do visiting teaching when you are a stay at home wife/mother and bring your small children or have older children in school and don't work a 9-5 job.

There is a reason why men's numbers are traditionally lower; and it ain't about spirituality-it's about time and commitments.  

I only have experience with wards where the majority of the women worked, so I don't.  Now we don't count ministering visits (and haven't for years) so that measurement is no longer applicable.

And my point wasn't that women are more spiritual because they do those things. It was that people often assume that women are more spiritual because they do those things.  Sometimes women are better at those things because they don't want to be judged or feel guilty for not doing them, for example.

Edited by bluebell