Seriously No Politics ×

Confused

TruthTrumpet

Because the person who claims they found it used a rather nonsensical system apparently, pattern recognition (think ink blots) of an artificial lake and its surroundings that therefore have nothing to do with what happened 6000 years ago if you subscribe to that timeline or at another ancient time.

Any chance of you are Lyndale or Hush Whisperer?  Hard to believe anyone else besides the person who made the video would be linking to it. 

Edited by Calm

Only what was already there was outlined to show it clearly, nothing was added or taken away from.

Who did doesn't matter, it still there and anyone using Google Earth and its history slide option (in the year 2010) can see it for themselves.

I'm trying to understand it and get opinions. Thank you for yours.

1 hour ago, TruthTrumpet said:

I don't understand something. According to Joseph Smith Eden is in the United States, but according to this information

on YouTube its location was found in 2010 at Baroon Dam in Iran. How can that 

According to the board rules This Thread should be in the general section not in Social Hall.

3 minutes ago, TruthTrumpet said:

Apologizes, I'm sure someone will delete it then (that's what usually happens with truth).

Why don't you just follow the rules and post it in the general discussion section? It could be a very interesting discussion but there is no debating in this social hall.

8 minutes ago, rodheadlee said:

Why don't you just follow the rules and post it in the general discussion section? It could be a very interesting discussion but there is no debating in this social hall.

They can’t since new poster.   I reported it to be moved. 

Truth, please summarize the theory rather than expecting anyone to watch the video first as that is against board rules. Considered spam to advertise your own site rather than discuss.

If I understand correctly, you believe you have found the location of Eden because you see a shape  of an winged angel with a sword in terrain of the coast of the man made lake along with shapes of animals? 

Edited by Calm

Looking forward to discussion in General Discussions. New posters need to make up to 25 posts in order to edit, FYI. So many will post on the three word thread in Social, if you'd like to get in some posts. 

I found this Wiki article below, that mentions that it's in Iraq. I believe, like the story of Zelph, that Joseph could have been just telling a story that he thinks happened and like some scholars believe, GoE is a myth. Not sure if it really did happen in Missouri. Especially if writings about Eden and the surroundings don't coincide. ETA: Further reading of the article states Joseph Smith never said it was in Missouri, but leaders after him did. If so, this is new to me. 

"Numerous early leaders of the Church, including Brigham Young, Heber C. Kimball, and George Q. Cannon, taught that the Garden of Eden itself was located in nearby Jackson County, Missouri,[47] but there are no surviving first-hand accounts of that doctrine being taught by Joseph Smith himself. LDS doctrine is unclear as to the exact location of the Garden of Eden, but tradition among Latter-Day Saints places it somewhere in the vicinity of Adam-ondi-Ahman, or in Jackson County.[48][49]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garden_of_Eden#:~:text=Suggestions for the location of,Armenian Highlands or Armenian Plateau.

The location of Eden is described in Genesis 2:10–14:

″And a river departed from Eden to water the garden, and from there it divided and became four tributaries.

The name of the first is Pishon, which is the circumnavigator of the land of Havilah where there is gold. And the gold of this land is good; there are bdellium and cornelian stone. And the name of the second river is Gihon, which is the circumnavigator of the land of Cush.

And the name of the third is Chidekel, which is that which goes to the east of Ashur; and the fourth river is Phirath.″

Edited by Tacenda
6 hours ago, Tacenda said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garden_of_Eden#:~:text=Suggestions for the location of,Armenian Highlands or Armenian Plateau.

The location of Eden is described in Genesis 2:10–14:

″And a river departed from Eden to water the garden, and from there it divided and became four tributaries.

The name of the first is Pishon, which is the circumnavigator of the land of Havilah where there is gold. And the gold of this land is good; there are bdellium and cornelian stone. And the name of the second river is Gihon, which is the circumnavigator of the land of Cush.

And the name of the third is Chidekel, which is that which goes to the east of Ashur; and the fourth river is Phirath.″

The Book of Abraham doesn't include that set of river names, which most biblical scholars consider a late addition to the Genesis text.

There are a number of theories on the location of Eden.  Some scholars place mythical Eden in the marshes of southern Iraq, others in the Kidron Valley below the Temple of Solomon.  More recently, it has been proposed that Adam & Eve came from a South African paleo-wetland. 

Chan, Eva K. F., et al., “Human origins in a southern African palaeo-wetland and first migrations,” Nature, 575 (28 Oct 2019):185-189, online at  https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-019-1714-1 ; Cowling, Richard M., et al, “Describing a drowned Pleistocene ecosystem: Last Glacial Maximum vegetation reconstruction of the Palaeo-Agulhas Plain,” Quaternary Science Reviews 235 (1 May 2020). online at DOI: 10.1016/j.quascirev.2019.105866 ; “Garden of Eden in Africa: Humanity's first home traced to Botswana,” Skynews, Oct 29, 2019, online at https://news.sky.com/story/garden-of-eden-in-africa-humanitys-first-home-traced-to-botswana-study-11847991 .

I invite you to consider the master's thesis of one young Canadian physicist: "A new quantization condition for parity-violating three-dimensional gravity".

The abstract of the thesis states this:

"(2+1)-dimensional gravity with a negative cosmological constant is a topological theory with no local degrees of freedom. When confined to compact universes which are topologically genus g Riemann surfaces times time, its classical phase space is the cotangent bundle of the moduli space of Riemann surfaces. We consider the quantization of moduli space itself, emerging as the zero-momentum slice of this phase space. When a parity-violating Chern-Simons term is added to the gravitational action, a nontrivial symplectic form is induced on this slice which is a multiple of the Weil-Petersson Kähler form. By demanding that this symplectic form integrate to 2πħ times an integer on every nontrivial two-cycle in moduli space - which is a necessary condition for the system to be quantizable - we find a new quantization condition on the Chern-Simons coupling k'. Our result strongly suggests that k' must be an integer multiple of 24 in order to define a self-consistent theory of quantum gravity."

Does anyone here have even the vaguest idea what is going on with this? I certainly don't. I can say that the thesis assumes that gravity is quantizable, which is interesting, but otherwise all I can do is shrug my shoulders.