Number of posts - I've been cheated!

jwhitlock

A horrible thing has happened. The number of posts that I have listed for my profile has been cut in more than half. An important indicator of how much time I have wasted spent on this board has suddenly been devalued!

Is this happening to anyone else? Or is there some kind of twisted ulterior moderating motive involved?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Yes, great news...it makes it appear that almost one out if three posts have earned me rep points. But most of my friends know the truth. Either way, it is a small matter. 

It happened to me. I was a little bummed, because I wanted to see if the 3,500 marker would switch my label from member to contributor. Now it's at a low that at the rate I post it'll probably take a year or 2 to have my curiosity assuaged. Oh well. It does make my community reputation look amazing I guess. 

Yeah, BD...how did I get to be a contributor and you not?  Just because of my thousands of posts, that probably have hardly an impact like yours?  But darn happy the "limited" is gone from my title.   

ETA: Moderators how did I get over 9,000 posts in only a little over 3 years of being a member?  Is this possibly wrong, just as BD's and others?  

Edited by Tacenda

Seems like you've been a member for longer than 3 years surely....

However, that is easily accomplished.  That is about 3000 a year and that just means about 10 posts a day.  Even on linited that is possible.

16 minutes ago, Calm said:

Seems like you've been a member for longer than 3 years surely....

However, that is easily accomplished.  That is about 3000 a year and that just means about 10 posts a day.  Even on linited that is possible.

Since June of 2012. 

Actually I don't know.  I thought I was close or over 40,000.  I don't keep close enough track though to be sure.  I know I lost 10,000 or something when I changed my name, but that was restored.  I wonder if it says somewhere what the amount was.

It would if your post count was from posts currently present on the board. For example, in your content you have 130 or so pages of posts which means at 25 a full page, you have about 3200 posts to be counted.

On 1/6/2016 at 9:08 PM, jwhitlock said:

A horrible thing has happened. The number of posts that I have listed for my profile has been cut in more than half. An important indicator of how much time I have wasted spent on this board has suddenly been devalued!

Is this happening to anyone else? Or is there some kind of twisted ulterior moderating motive involved?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Once the update had taken place, I found that I had lost about one third of my post count.  I am more of a lurker anyway, but I did notice the count drop.

On 1/7/2016 at 8:32 AM, Tacenda said:

Yeah, BD...how did I get to be a contributor and you not?  Just because of my thousands of posts, that probably have hardly an impact like yours?  But darn happy the "limited" is gone from my title.   

ETA: Moderators how did I get over 9,000 posts in only a little over 3 years of being a member?  Is this possibly wrong, just as BD's and others?  

I just lurk more than you do. I'll read several threads a day but may post in 2-3 of them on a good day. From what I can tell "contributer" is given to those with a lot of posts....which I've never been. I had somewhere over 3K posts but that was in a 12 year time period (10.5 if you don't count my mission). I'm just not prolific in posting as you is all and I'm just fine with that :).   

Edited by BlueDreams
1 hour ago, BlueDreams said:

I just lurk more than you do. I'll read several threads a day but may post in 2-3 of them on a good day. From what I can tell "contributer" is given to those with a lot of posts....which I've never been. I had somewhere over 3K posts but that was in a 12 year time period (10.5 if you don't count my mission). I'm just not prolific in posting as you is all and I'm just fine with that :).   

Well, if you put as much into each post as you usually do you'd be burned out. :)