jkwilliams Posted June 20, 2014 Posted June 20, 2014 (edited) So, I was listening to church PR spokesperson Ally Isom’s RadioWest interview with Doug Fabrizio, and I was intrigued by her suggestion that the problem with “Ordain Women” is that it was in the imperative mood, as if Kate Kelly and her colleagues were dictating to the Brethren what the church should do. Apparently, things would have gone much differently for Ms. Kelly had she used a different grammatical construction. Perhaps, “It might possibly be a good idea to ordain women, maybe. I don’t know. I could be wrong, Whatever you want to do. I’m good.” Or maybe like Jeopardy it could have been put in the form of a question: “What is, Ordaining Women?” Now I find that it’s not just Kate Kelly, John Dehlin, and Rock Waterman who are getting hauled in by their bishops and stake presidents. Other people across the US have been summoned to meet with their priesthood leaders on account of their online posting. Meanwhile, I keep checking my email, and nothing’s happening. When I go out to my mailbox, I’m finding pizza coupons and unimportant stuff like my son’s report card. What does a guy have to do to get a disciplinary council? Then it hit me: My blog name isn’t commanding enough. It doesn’t pop. Ally Isom isn’t going to read “Runtu’s Rincon” and think, “That dude’s got it in for the Brethren.” So, maybe it’s time for a change. I’ve thought of a few possibilities: Follow Runtu. He knows the way!Choose the Runtu!Preach my RuntuPraise to the RuntuReturn with RuntuAny criticism of Runtu is wrong, even if it’s trueBeware the Runtu behind the smiling eyes Edited June 20, 2014 by jkwilliams
SeekingUnderstanding Posted June 20, 2014 Posted June 20, 2014 Jana Riess ... [has] been summoned to meet with their priesthood leaders on account of their online posting.Source?
Duncan Posted June 20, 2014 Posted June 20, 2014 Jana Riess is surprising, if true! she doesn't strike me as a nay sayer or say nayer or something
jkwilliams Posted June 20, 2014 Author Posted June 20, 2014 Whoops. I was confusing her for someone else. Carry on.
CA Steve Posted June 20, 2014 Posted June 20, 2014 How about Runtu's Revelations That ought to do the trick.
strappinglad Posted June 20, 2014 Posted June 20, 2014 A rose by any other name would be a chrysanthemum...and still have horns ,I mean thorns.
thesometimesaint Posted June 20, 2014 Posted June 20, 2014 A rose by any other name would be a chrysanthemum...and still have horns ,I mean thorns. You mean you don't keep your horns filed down? I do.
Calm Posted June 20, 2014 Posted June 20, 2014 (edited) Somhow I sent a post as a report, when I quoted sorry if I nade tI get locked.How aboutRuntu's RevelationsThat ought to do the trick.Try New Revelationa For OldBackground old sturdy looking tosssed aside in piles as garbagr aladdin lamps, forefrontLit shiny new one that sputters and had a Made in china tag. Edited June 20, 2014 by calmoriah
Recommended Posts