I'm About To Hit The Big Six-Thou ...

I'm temporarily suspending my rule that I don't start topics (they always get derailed :angry:).  In this instance, however, I don't care ...

:yahoo: I'm about to hit "The Big Six-Thou" in my post count! :yahoo:

What shall we do to celebrate?

Kill the fatted calf?

Bring some opulent robes and rings?

Music?

Dancing?

Making merry?

34,000 more, and I'll overtake Calmoriah!  (Give me a few weeks! :D:rofl:)

Well, that IS a milestone. To reach the number of years of the Earth's existence is remarkable. You will notice that Tacenda is hot on your heels.

May I suggest celebrating with a large ice cream cake from Dairy Queen.

The bad thing is I've only been here since 2012 vs. Kenngo's 2003. Does this say I'm just a little obsessed with the board?

Kenngo what I like most about your posts is you're always so smart and know how to reference scriptures or talks in the perfect manner. Keep up the good work! It's noticed!

Thank you, Brother Junkie! ;):D

The bad thing is I've only been here since 2012 vs. Kenngo's 2003. Does this say I'm just a little obsessed with the board?

Hey, if the choice is between MA&DB or Heroin, I think you should choose MA&DB ... six thousand times, if necessary! :D

My participation here has ebbed and flowed over the years, depending on how much better stuff I've had to do at any given time. ("You're kidding! Better things to do than post at MA&DB?"  In the immortal word of Vizzini from The Princess Bride, "Inconceivable!" ;)) While I started participating on this Board's predecessors before that [2000 or 2001, I believe], I first started participating on this Board in law school; probably does a lot to explain why my grades sucked :D ...)  If you were to look at my post count in recent months, you'd probably find that I haven't had a lot that's productive to do: send out resumes and inquiry letters that I'm not going to get calls back on, go to the odd interview for a position for which I won't be selected, et cetera ...  Well, at least there are: (1) This place; (2) blogging on a blog nobody reads; and (3) publishing the occasional Op-Ed (Ditto what I said about the blog ...)  It beats drinkin' booze, smokin' weed, and shootin' up, I guess! :unknw:;)

P.S.:  Cal, of course, has us all beat by a mile!  (Let's have a "post-a-thon" and see how long it will take us, collectively, to match her post count! :)

P.P.S: 983 posts to 7,000! ;)

Edited by Kenngo1969

Well, that IS a milestone. To reach the number of years of the Earth's existence is remarkable. You will notice that Tacenda is hot on your heels.

May I suggest celebrating with a large ice cream cake from Dairy Queen.

I like the DQ suggestion! :D

You talk too much! :sad::);)

Just kidding! Congrats! ♥

Unfortunately, nothing happens at any of these milestones.  Not even some cash being spit from your drive slots.  On the MD however, a Danite policeman shows up at your door.

;)

Heh! :D

I was going to make a joke about you still being a noob, but you joined 8 days before me.  Curses! 

So congrats on the 6K old timer.

:D:lol::D

That's because I got all the prizes first.

Drat! :huh:

;)