Wooooo Hoooo! I Get To Pay Tithes

rodheadlee

Paying tithes means I'm making money. I got my first paycheck in such a long time. Thank You Heavenly Father!

It does feel good to have a job, I have many who would employ...just can't do anything but teach now and again. I have seven four hour classes to teach by Dec, but that is it. They pay me very well, but I want to work with my hands again, other than waving them around and pointing at power point presentations. I have a class on Nov 7th, they are expect 200+ and I hate using mikes. I don't "need" the money, just happy to get out of the house. My problem is a four hour class with the drive usually means a few days in bed recovering.

Congrats Rod... glad you're able to work for a while...

By the way, check your Personal Messages if you can... there's one from me from about 4 weeks ago that hasn't been read yet...

Take care... GG

Congratulations!  :D  I love how happy you are to pay tithing.

It does feel good to have a job, I have many who would employ...just can't do anything but teach now and again. I have seven four hour classes to teach by Dec, but that is it. They pay me very well, but I want to work with my hands again, other than waving them around and pointing at power point presentations. I have a class on Nov 7th, they are expect 200+ and I hate using mikes. I don't "need" the money, just happy to get out of the house. My problem is a four hour class with the drive usually means a few days in bed recovering.

Yes I love working with my hands. I'm doing dry rot repair in 2 homes. I finished one patio cover rebuild with handrails and I have some drywall work, a window install and a header replacement  to finish the other. I feel blessed with the skills I have been given.

Yes I love working with my hands. I'm doing dry rot repair in 2 homes. I finished one patio cover rebuild with handrails and I have some drywall work, a window install and a header replacement  to finish the other. I feel blessed with the skills I have been given.

Handymen of the world unite. You have nothing to lose but...the skin off a couple of knuckles, a little blood from glass cuts, the joy of a pain free back , the hearing from the ear nearest the saw , and the sight of the eye that the safety glasses didn't quite cover . 8P

Congratulations, Brother Rod! :)

... I don't "need" the money, just happy to get out of the house. My problem is a four hour class with the drive usually means a few days in bed recovering.

Boy, that's a double-edged sword if I've ever heard of one.  While I would never suggest that you give up anything that makes you feel useful, I'm also reminded of the scripture that says that it is not requisite that a man should run faster than he has strength.  Follow the Spirit. :)  If it makes you feel any better, you're one up on me: I do need the money, but almost the only thing that gets me out of the house these days is offering to work for free. :huh:  I wish you well.

Boy, that's a double-edged sword if I've ever heard of one.  While I would never suggest that you give up anything that makes you feel useful, I'm also reminded of the scripture that says that it is not requisite that a man should run faster than he has strength.  Follow the Spirit. :)  If it makes you feel any better, you're one up on me: I do need the money, but almost the only thing that gets me out of the house these days is offering to work for free. :huh:  I wish you well.

I certainly need to money for savings and rainy days. I do a lot of teaching for free for IAEI Georgia Chapter...I was Education Chairman for the State Chapter for years, they would pick up the tab for travel and hotel, which was great in any classes on the coast. But the organizations around Atlanta I teach for make 1,000's from one class, so they pay me for teaching. These are technical classes as you can see from my spelling and punctuation that I don't teach English lit classes. I like when I go to Georgia Tech and teach because I can make fun of their football team on campus, unlike when I used to be able to attend games and watch the Georgia Bulldogs spank them. Although Georgia got spanked by the "show me State" Saturday. :(

I like when I go to Georgia Tech and teach because I can make fun of their football team on campus, unlike when I used to be able to attend games and watch the Georgia Bulldogs spank them. Although Georgia got spanked by the "show me State" Saturday. :sad:

AND... and,.. Georgia Tech got beat by BYU on Saturday 38 to 20... it was 38 to 13 most of the 2nd half until the last 3 minutes or so when GT had a big play and ran for a touchdown... making the final score 38 - 20... it was BYU's Homecoming game....  

Go Cougs!!  BYU!!  True Blue!!

GG

I certainly need to money for savings and rainy days. I do a lot of teaching for free for IAEI Georgia Chapter...I was Education Chairman for the State Chapter for years, they would pick up the tab for travel and hotel, which was great in any classes on the coast. But the organizations around Atlanta I teach for make 1,000's from one class, so they pay me for teaching. These are technical classes as you can see from my spelling and punctuation that I don't teach English lit classes. I like when I go to Georgia Tech and teach because I can make fun of their football team on campus, unlike when I used to be able to attend games and watch the Georgia Bulldogs spank them. Although Georgia got spanked by the "show me State" Saturday. :sad:

If you like to make fun of Georgia Tech, then the fact that BYU's Cougs beat them last Saturday doesn't bother you at all, does it! ;):D

P.S.: I see Garden Girl beat me to that observation: good call! ;)

Edited by Kenngo1969