Thanks! Well, usually live in somewhat of a bubble, like the outdoors and target practice, and read a lot.

I am really surprised that those who know a lot more to me have not stepped up to the plate. From my past experience in other churches, and having come to the LDS church by a most unlikely route, I believe that the Mormon church makes the Bible come alive.

Heya, and welcome =).

While this board deals with a good amount of stuff, I'm not sure if it covers a ton of the basics, so if you ever find yourself confused about one thing or another, please leave me a shout. Thanks!

Edited by TAO

Don't know a great deal of the mormon faith save your members have big and pretty churches and your neiborhoods are always nice. had a few mormon missionaries who have started walking aroumd my old neiborhood and considering the place is slowly being taken over by druggies they really stick out. That, and the missionaries sure are friendly and wow do they look sharp.

thanks. already did check out mormon.org. liked the German gentleman they had, guy walks/hikes about as much as I do.

A place like this is more what i am interested in. Its the day to day folk I want to get to know not the official people who are supposed to always be on their best behavior. Not that it's a bad thing.

thanks. already did check out mormon.org. liked the German gentleman they had, guy walks/hikes about as much as I do.

A place like this is more what i am interested in. Its the day to day folk I want to get to know not the official people who are supposed to always be on their best behavior. Not that it's a bad thing.

Hehe, well I'm not quite sure we're much in terms of normal Mormon folk here, but welcome nonetheless. =)

Hi

Well, first time here. Decided to google mormon boards and here I am. Nice to meet all of you

Hello jimmy_r....

I add my welcome here... So, let's see... you like to hike, and target practice. How about giving us just a little more info regarding important things like... Are you a dog person or a cat person... ;) And, general area you are from... approx age... what you feel comfortable sharing...

This is a fun board... we have all types of people from TBMs (true blue Mormons), to the middle roaders, to atheists, to agnostics, to numerous other faiths that come here to discuss (some are quite critical and perfer debate), etc etc.

As for me, I always describe my self as TBM, widowed, alone... the proverbial old woman living with a pushy 20-lb cat named "Bob" in a cottage by the sea on the rugged Oregon coast. People here are more than happy to engage in dialog and answer questions as long as a spirit of respect for others is prevalent... if not, the mods will nip that in the bud, quickly but fairly... some of the discussion can get pretty lively. You'll soon figure out who is who if you post or lurk here for long.

I hope you'll stick around and join in... again, welcome...

from the beach... Garden Girl

Moved a lot as a kid, currently live in the southwest. Love the outdoors and spend much of my free time hiking. Enjoy target practice and am getting back into hunting. Love German Sheperds and Wolf dogs but will not get one till I can get something in the countryside so for now cats are the pet of choice especially considering how i've had mice to deal with. Oh, I also run and hike the ocasional mountain.

Moved a lot as a kid, currently live in the southwest. Love the outdoors and spend much of my free time hiking. Enjoy target practice and am getting back into hunting. Love German Sheperds and Wolf dogs but will not get one till I can get something in the countryside so for now cats are the pet of choice especially considering how i've had mice to deal with. Oh, I also run and hike the ocasional mountain.

Thanks... I like the sound of your "life." My husband and I used to camp/hike/fish a lot... he was an avid fly fisherman. When he retired his company gave him a beautiful new fly rod... and a gold-plated putter.

He taught me how to shoot many years ago... something I continue to do today in target practice. I'm a good shot, and have taken gun safety classes... so feel comfortable with a firearm. I don't hunt, but come from a family of deer hunters...

Here on the Oregon coast, I live 1/2 block to the beach... at the end of my street I walk down some steps and onto a several mile stretch of beach that I used to run almost daily... then bad knees caught up with me and now I just walk.

The outdoors was always part of my life growing up, and throughout the years. So I can appreciate how you feel about the outdoors.

GG

Edited by Garden Girl

I do a fair amount of tactical and precision rifle shooting. I have a little 6.5 mm semi auto that is good to 800 yds, a 7.62 bolt gun to a little past 1000, and a 300 WM to be delivered sometime in August or Sept. It should be a hammer to 1500. We can talk shop whenever!

male mix-breed that is the most obnoxious yet loveable thing ever. good mouser too.

Yes I do try to stay in shape and really do enjoy the outdoors, such a wonderful people to live. Had a few relatives who ran till their late 70s so I am not too worried. (knock on wood)

Have my eye on a ruger mark III. Always wanted a high standard, but wow are they expensive and hard to find.

Well, really nice to meet all of you. I like it here

Welcome to the board. I too am most fascinated with LDS folks. I really appreciate their sincerity and eagerness to live out their faith and it make me want to understand their beliefs better too! Anyone who lives for Christ has my respect. I mostly observe, read discussions and feel like the more time that I spend here, the more that I learn. The cool thing about this board is that you can learn what others believe and what others struggle with, so I feel like I get a "real" (not polished and perfect) introduction to the LDS faith. I hope that you enjoy it here as much as I do :)