Sandyhook Victim Was Lds

tyler90az

You know, when I saw the father interviewed on televison, there was something he said about her being with Heavenly Father... just the way he said it caught my attention and I wondered if he might be LDS.

GG

I missed where it says he is LDS, I wouldn't have been able to do that if something ever happened to my son, I would be just too devastated to speak (not that he isn't but it takes more then I have to do that)

Yes, this is an LDS family. A friend of mine in my ward (here in NYC) knew them from her home stake in CT. Our Mormon Helping Hands Facebook page (which we used for Sandy relief) also mentions that they are LDS, and that their bishop will be speaking on Good Morning America tomorrow/today, around 8:40am or so.

You know, when I saw the father interviewed on televison, there was something he said about her being with Heavenly Father... just the way he said it caught my attention and I wondered if he might be LDS.

GG

Yeah me too, "Heavenly Father" and "agency".

So sad, I can't even imagine what all the families are going through. Ugh.

Her sweet face caught my attention because she looks so much like my nieces. Whatever religion the families are, it's all just as tragic.

• 5 weeks later...

I am disgusted by the conspiracy theories going around by our own. Lately on Facebook, many LDS people have been sharing a video about the whole thing being fake. That includes, and as a main point, the theories that emilie parker did not get killed.

I just do not understand how it is even possible. No doubt in my mind, the government does not tell us everything about situations, specifically related to war. I could even see where, highly unlikely, they would want guns taken out of our hands, with austerity cuts coming up. However, I could think of a thoussand reasons to combat that thought. This situation was simply not a conspiracy, it did happen. Just like all the other shootings happened before, Colorado shootngs come to mind.

Anybody who entertains the thought that the shootings may have been a conspiracy, think about just one thing. Do you realize how many peopl would have to be involved in the cover-up? Thousands and thousands of people, including our church leaers, whom could check membership records with a click of the mouse.

I am disgusted by the conspiracy theories going around by our own. Lately on Facebook, many LDS people have been sharing a video about the whole thing being fake. That includes, and as a main point, the theories that emilie parker did not get killed. It has even come to my home, my wife has fallen victim via her mother.

I just do not understand how it is even possible. No doubt in my mind, the government does not tell us everything about situations, specifically related to war. I could even see where, highly unlikely, they would want guns taken out of our hands, with austerity cuts coming up. However, I could think of a thoussand reasons to combat that thought. This situation was simply not a conspiracy, it did happen. Just like all the other shootings happened before, Colorado shootngs come to mind.

Anybody who entertains the thought that the shootings may have been a conspiracy, think about just one thing. Do you realize how many peopl would have to be involved in the cover-up? Thousands and thousands of people, including our church leaers, whom could check membership records with a click of the mouse.

That's crazy, as crazy as the "Holocaust" and "First Man on the Moon" is false.

That's crazy, as crazy as the "Holocaust" and "First Man on the Moon" is false.

or the 9/11 conspiracies. It seems anytime there is a tragedy someone claims its was a conspiracy. Perhaps it helps some cope with it, sort of a twisted form of denial.

I am disgusted by the conspiracy theories going around by our own. Lately on Facebook, many LDS people have been sharing a video about the whole thing being fake. That includes, and as a main point, the theories that emilie parker did not get killed.

conspiracy_theories.png

or the 9/11 conspiracies. It seems anytime there is a tragedy someone claims its was a conspiracy. Perhaps it helps some cope with it, sort of a twisted form of denial.

This is pretty much what happens. Unable to deal with a senseless and almost whimsically random Universe they imagine that someone somewhere out there (Illuminati, Jewish Bankers, Reptilians, Satanists, Liberals, whatever) have a plan and are capable of carrying it out. In an odd way it is a comforting delusion as it allows them to create a paradigm where horrible things make sense. Couple that with our human fixation for being "in the know" and part of some inner circle and it is easy to see why conspiracy theories are so popular. In many cases pagan religions are almost gigantic conspiracy theories. Change Reptilians and Beta-Centaurians to Zeus and Hera and you can see how society's ills were formed.

I think it most hit home when I read an interview from WWII where surviving Japanese kaiten-boat and kamikazee survivors talked about their dead friends. Despite overwhelming evidence they died for nothing it was almost an article of faith among them that they hit something as otherwise their sacrifice would be rendered meaningless.

The best way to trip up conspiracy theorists is of course to pretend to be even more credulous:

jet_fuel.png

It depresses me that our teachings about secret combinations sometimes leads some people who understand them only in a superficial way to imagine this is support for shadowy organizations pulling the strings of society. In the Book of Mormon secret combinations were a collection of bumbling fools who could not keep a secret to save their lives, regularly killed each other off, and whose plans almost never brought about the results intended. We are told to avoid them because of their wickedness and the judgments of God that come upon them and those who support them, not because they are good at their jobs.

Sometimes I get really worried about how many nuts there are in my country.

Yeah, I once opened a prayer by saying to God:

"Welp, it has been a fun ride on this Earth but it scares me too much that there are this many people in society who believe this stuff. Can I get off now before they proclaim themselves Pokemon Emperor or try to convince me that we need a psychic vampire parliament to regulate energy sucking?"

God pointed out that life would be much less interesting with them gone. I conceded the point. Who would not like to spend an hour with this guy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lI_0-kz4lR0

Archived