Lgbt Activists Behaving Badly

Zakuska

Granted I don't live in the US and may not be able to see US news, but it is surprising that this episode has not been covered by all major media outlets. Had that been a Christian group harassing a lone, gay man or a lesbian, it would have been on the nightly news of never major network and then had non-stop coverage on all the cable news channels for several days. The silence is deafening.

I don't for a minute think that either side is innocent or does not have equally abhorrent examples of bad behavior, that is not the issue. The issue is the twisting of the news so as to portray the gay agenda as innocent, wholesome, and full of love and kindness toward all mankind. All gay people are will Will and Jack; just fun-loving individuals like you and me. The media turns a blind eye to the dark side of this segment of our society where depravity reigns and man's passions have full, complete sway over its participants.

It would be much better if the topic was approached honestly; open the windows and allow society to see the full range of what this culture really looks like. They will see wonderful, talented, beautiful people leading productive lives and you will see broken, desperate lives of utter perversion.

Lgtb have their own extremists that are militant and intolerant. This is one problem the gay and lesbian movement have is: how to control the militant and radical gays and radical lesbians from making a mockery of the movement. The radical fringe at times seems to control the more less militant lgtbs.

Granted I don't live in the US and may not be able to see US news, but it is surprising that this episode has not been covered by all major media outlets. Had that been a Christian group harassing a lone, gay man or a lesbian, it would have been on the nightly news of never major network and then had non-stop coverage on all the cable news channels for several days. The silence is deafening.

This doesn't make the news because the news editors do not want it to make the news. Have you ever wondered just what makes the news and why? Every day, news is made out there, thousands and thousands of little pieces of news and yet, only a dozen pieces of news make the mainstream media. The mainstream news media does have an agenda when it comes to what makes the news.

I don't for a minute think that either side is innocent or does not have equally abhorrent examples of bad behavior, that is not the issue. The issue is the twisting of the news so as to portray the gay agenda as innocent, wholesome, and full of love and kindness toward all mankind.

Though such commentary as the one linked to above which claims that Leftists tend to "repellant" behaviour when angry and allowed to act naturally isn't any better, imo. At least an attempt at accuracy would be nice.

Continuing on the thought from the other thread... Does SSM pose a threat to Religious Freedom?

No matter which of these theories you believe, the next question to ask is the same. It is also the most important question, and the one that no one is asking. During the 2008 election, Senator Obama stated that it was up to churches to decide what they recognized as marriage. Since assuming office, the Obama administration has been very vocal in its support for the "It Gets Better" program. President Obama and numerous members of his administration have made videos for the program. Recently, the founder of this program gave a hate-filled rant against Christians for their bullying of the LGBT community. So the question that remains is this: "Will the president's views evolve to a point where it is no longer a matter of choice for churches and synagogues to recognize only the marriages they see fit?"

Before you answer that question, remember the new viewpoint expressed by President Obama: marriage is now a civil right, and states should not be able to "deny" marriage rights to a couple. No one can deny a person a civil right, and no state law can take that right away. Thus, no one can deny a same-sex couple their civil right to hold a ceremony in the same place where traditional marriage couples hold their ceremonies.

The implementation of these policies will not be immediate or obvious. Given the president's citation of troops in his statement supporting gay marriage, the likely path to the establishment of national gay marriage will be a military couple married in one state and stationed in another by the military. This situation will be cited as "no fault of their own," and the president will assert that one state cannot deny rights to a couple whose only desire is to serve their country. The next obvious step will be a national definition of marriage to prevent a patchwork of laws in 50 states from causing someone to lose his or her civil rights. Once this is established, the ability to deny someone the same use of a facility as any other couple will be an easy sell.

Read more: http://www.americant...l#ixzz22kahP54L

We have already seen how Obamacare poses a threat to religiously based employers into forcing them to pay for conterception. So where does this all end?

Anti-Bullying speaker curses Christian teens

A video has been posted on YouTube that shows an anti-bullying activist delivering a Bible-bashing, profanity-laced speech to high school students attending a national journalism conference in Seattle. At one point he called Christian teenagers who walked out of the speech “pansy-assed.”

Dan Savage, the founder of the “It Gets Better” project was supposed to be delivering a speech on anti-bullying. But instead, teenagers attending the National High School Journalism Conference sponsored by the Journalism Education Association and the National Scholastic Press Association were subjected to a profanity-filled attack on the Bible.

http://radio.foxnews...tian-teens.html

Anti-Bullying speaker curses Christian teens

http://radio.foxnews...tian-teens.html

So he delivers a speech about how wrong bullying is, and in that speech he profanely insults these individuals who walk out when he starts bashing their religious beliefs?

I have a few strong words for him, but I'm not saying them here.

Chick-fil-a Kiss-in Protestors Show Their Colors

Now, I don't agree with these people's approach at all. Don't do it. What I'm about to say is also not to condone their behavior (though I don't think it was that bad, plus we don't hear what the man reading his Bible said).

...but let's just put things in perspective a little.

If this person is an Evangelical, this person believes that these men, and in fact all Mormons, too, deserve going to Hell and be tortured forever. You, your sons and daughters, your parents, and everyone who you love that is not a true Protestant believer deserves to suffer unspeakable tormet without end. This he would consider justice.

Think about it. What can these people possibly believe about this man that is worst than what the man may believe about these protestors?

One problem that I have with this whole issue is immaturity. I would hope that Americans would be a mature people and act like mature adults. It is amazing just what distracts Americans from the real issues that plague that society. I do believe that every summer something happens to entertain the herd. I remember many years ago it was Roseann Barr and her singing of the national anthem. Then, it was Pee Wee Herman and on and on.

What this CEO said is not really newsworthy at all. In fact, the rest of the world is laughing at the Americans and their immaturity when it comes to what is actually important: what do to with the mass dislocation of people because of greed and selfishness as demonstrated in the reasons for the economic crisis of 2008.

Now, I don't agree with these people's approach at all. Don't do it. What I'm about to say is also not to condone their behavior (though I don't think it was that bad, plus we don't hear what the man reading his Bible said).

You don't think it was that bad? What would bad look like? How about if there was one lone gay man and a group of yelling "Christians" started drawing signs on the sidewalk calling him a fag, and a number of other slang labels? Then taunted him verbally about him going to hell for his behavior, attacked his friends and family and all that he held sacred. Would that be, not "that bad"?

Of course, because you did not hear the taunts of this lone gay man, he must obvsiously be at fault and caused the crowd to surround him, write offensive words on the sidewalk, and then be shouted at. yeah, I see that going over like a lead balloon. A real bastion of neutraliy exists in your world.

Not that bad? I suppse you also don't feel the Westboro Baptist Church protestors are that bad either?

...but let's just put things in perspective a little.

Tu quoque fallacy and Christian bashing right on schedule- as predictable as the sunrise..
Think about it. What can these people possibly believe about this man that is worst than what the man may believe about these protestors?

It is not what they believe about this man that is reprehensible, but their conduct toward him,

Remember- these are the people who have proclaimed themselves the sole exemplars of "open-mindedness", "tolerance", "non-judgementalism", and "love".

Not that bad? I suppse you also don't feel the ---------- protestors are that bad either?

You know- I was going to warn you not to lean so far towards a Godwin's Law violation- but having seen the video, I don't think the comparison is that extreme or even unfair.

You don't think it was that bad? What would bad look like? How about if there was one lone gay man and a group of yelling "Christians" started drawing signs on the sidewalk calling him a fag, and a number of other slang labels? Then taunted him verbally about him going to hell for his behavior, attacked his friends and family and all that he held sacred. Would that be, not "that bad"?

That would be pretty bad but that's not what they did. I didn't see anyone calling him a "f*g" or other slang labels. I didn't see them telling him that he should go to hell or attacked his friends and family and all that he held sacred.

Of course, because you did not hear the taunts of this lone gay man, he must obvsiously be at fault and caused the crowd to surround him, write offensive words on the sidewalk, and then be shouted at. yeah, I see that going over like a lead balloon. A real bastion of neutraliy exists in your world.

Not that bad? I suppse you also don't feel the Westboro Baptist Church protestors are that bad either?

Again, they were bad, but not WBC-level bad. Let's get real here. And, again, we don't hear what the man was saying at all.

Tu quoque fallacy and Christian bashing right on schedule- as predictable as the sunrise..

Tu quoque is only a fallacy when you make an inference from it, otherwise it's just making an observation. I didn't say they are less wrong because the Bible reading man may believe worst about them than them about him.

It is not what they believe about this man that is reprehensible, but their conduct toward him,

Oh, I agree with you, friend. Still, I think it's useful to see the contrast in belief. For example: Let's assume these protestors actually called this man a f*g... but they are gays themselves or support gays. How bad can they calling someone f*g actually be when they don't hate the group? Again, not saying this to condone them but keeping things in perspective.

Remember- these are the people who have proclaimed themselves the sole exemplars of "open-mindedness", "tolerance", "non-judgementalism", and "love".

I didn't know that.

The movement is full of people picking the wrong targets.

Instead of taking a stand against their real enemies they pick a fast-food chain. Why not protest oil coming from nations that murder homosexuals? That I could back them up on and it is surely a greater evil.

I have no idea what to make of this clip. Pretty sure the guy with the Bible was intentionally provoking a response based on his choice of location. And yes, the same thing does happen to the lone gay guy and does not always make it on the news.

Whole thing seems pointless to me. Both sides making an almost irrelevant stand.

It is not belief, but behaviour that is at issue here. A man should be able to think in his thoughts whatever he wants without anyone but God punishing him for them. When those thoughts enter into behaviour is the only time that they should matter legally.

That would be pretty bad but that's not what they did. I didn't see anyone calling him a "f*g" or other slang labels. I didn't see them telling him that he should go to hell or attacked his friends and family and all that he held sacred.

Again, they were bad, but not WBC-level bad. Let's get real here. And, again, we don't hear what the man was saying at all.

Please don't be dense. I was providing an example if the shoe was on the other foot. Please go back and look at the video; read what was written on the sidewalk; listen to what they shouted at the man about his God. Not that bad? Give me a break!

It is not belief, but behaviour that is at issue here. A man should be able to think in his thoughts whatever he wants without anyone but God punishing him for them. When those thoughts enter into behaviour is the only time that they should matter legally.

It is certainly behavior. But the question remains: why do people get so worked up about someone's opinion? It seems that in america today one must have opinions that are popular with the direction of cultural fads. I know of no other place in the world where it has become this way. I think that it has its roots in the socalled cultural wars of the 90's.

I don't think this is really news. For every example of gays Christian-bashing, there are at least 100 examples of Christians gay-bashing, and none of it makes the papers. Plus, a lot of bad behavior happens at these protests, on both sides.

CFR

If this person is an Evangelical, this person believes that these men, and in fact all Mormons, too, deserve going to Hell and be tortured forever.

That is patently ridiculous. While a few vocal counter-cult ministers and like minded Evangelicals (who seem to like posting here) hold this opinion most Christians are comfortable acknowledging Mormons are Christian in their belief in Christ and will be saved.

Archived