Favorite talk from the first session?

mercyngrace

Sadly due to circumstance beyond my control I was up till 7 am last night and started on the session 15 minutes late and was not in a fit state of mind to appreciate what was being offered. This session will be the first one I re-read.

My favorite talk was the one about space aliens landing next year and Darth Vader's talk on temptation and how all sins can still be forgiven.

I thought it was a bold and welcome stylistic choice to have the choir sing in 'chipmunk' voice.

I did think the talks on worship of Cthulhu and how we are all going to be devoured when the stars are right were a little odd.

It is also possible I was dreaming these parts.

It is possible I liked President Eyring's talk only because the end of the session was when I was most awake.

Mine was when Pres. Monson announced a Temple in my fair Canadian city!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it would be an understatement to say that myself and others are blown away. I thought a Temple here was at least 25 years off

Mine was by Elder Kent F. Richards, who spoke on Grace and the healing power of the Great Physician.

"...there is a cure that is universal and absolute."

What was yours?

Definately the primary first counseler sister!!!! about becoming as little children; isnt it true in our daily pressures of life we all forget or simply dont understand this gospel principle....:P

Mine was by Elder Kent F. Richards, who spoke on Grace and the healing power of the Great Physician.

What was yours?

I though Elder Gonzales's talk was very good, they are all my favorites though. I never can place one talk over another because they are all so inspiring and important. I also enjoyed when President Monson announced the 3 new temples to be built! Temple announcements are always a joy for me!

I though Elder Gonzales's talk was very good, they are all my favorites though. I never can place one talk over another because they are all so inspiring and important. I also enjoyed when President Monson announced the 3 new temples to be built! Temple announcements are always a joy for me!

Elder Gonzales spoke about covenants, right? I always love the emphasis on covenants in our relationship with God in this Church, just like in the Old and New Testaments (and of course the Book of Mormon).

What was yours?

That was probably my favorite as well, Though I really did enjoy President Eyring's talk in which he identified the purpose of the Law of Consecration and the United Order as an effort to eradicate poverty (a view that has been adamantly argued against by a few posters here at MD&D).

That was probably my favorite as well, Though I really did enjoy President Eyring's talk in which he identified the purpose of the Law of Consecration and the United Order as an effort to eradicate poverty (a view that has been adamantly argued against by a few posters here at MD&D).

Who would argue against that the intent of the Law of Concentration was to voluntarily sacrifice to eliminate poverty?

Without the Law of Concentration we have no basis for our welfare or humanitarian efforts, I think there are many that will argue polices that force redistribution of wealth are not based in the Law of Concentration nor any teachings of Christ. I don't understand though how any one could argue that the outcome of the Law of Consecration is the elimination of poverty.

They even did so in the early Church as well as the restored Church, "And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness. And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common. And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all. Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold, And laid them down at the apostles

I loved his second point -

When we join hands to help those in need, we develop unity of heart. The brotherhood develops as a result of our service and efforts to save others - it isn't a requirement that must be met beforehand.

IOW, we don't enter Zion then live consecration. We consecrate and create Zion.

Maybe I heard him wrong but it sounded like President Eyring said, in reference to methods of helping the poor. . .

"I cannot speak of the mall in our brief time together."

Strange.

He also said the Teton Dam broke in 1966, but it was actually 1976. Neverthess, his talk was my favorite. You have to love how important his message was in our times in the world - Helping one another, and gaining more from the lord as a result.

Really, I must have missed those posts. But yes, Eyring's talk was excellent.

I liked Elder Eyring's talk and he is usually one of my favorites. He did seem a little off this morning, though, stumbling over words more often than usual. Maybe he was tired or not feeling well....just seemed off.

Good talk, though (and that's the only one I got to see, this morning)..

I liked Elder Eyring's talk and he is usually one of my favorites. He did seem a little off this morning, though, stumbling over words more often than usual. Maybe he was tired or not feeling well....just seemed off.

Good talk, though (and that's the only one I got to see, this morning)..

Did you catch his comment that his family had been in need and someone brought them dinner? I wonder if he's been sick.

Also Elder Perry had a lot of trouble speaking also and one of the Seventies stumbled over a couple of words. Made me wonder if there was something wrong with the teleprompter.

Mine was when Pres. Monson announced a Temple in my fair Canadian city!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it would be an understatement to say that myself and others are blown away. I thought a Temple here was at least 25 years off

Way to go [Meridian] Idaho!

Ft Collins, you rock!

Mumblypeg . . . what can I say? It's a great day for the Great White North!

Maybe I heard him wrong but it sounded like President Eyring said, in reference to methods of helping the poor. . .

"I cannot speak of the mall in our brief time together."

Strange.

"The mall" = "Them all"? :P

AND its WINNIPEG!!!!!!!!

If you say so.

USU "Isn't that just down the road from Edmonton?" 78

Archived