Seriously No Politics ×

Did Joseph Smith teach Adam-God?

28 minutes ago, Dario_M said:

I hope we are not talking about the Adam from Adam&Eve. Because if that is the case i don't even believe that Adam had exist at all I don't believe in the concept Adam&Eve and the whole storie that goes around that. 

I believe that sin has always been there and that God is the one that have made us. Not Adam&Eve. 

I agree, it's all symbolic. 

1 hour ago, Dario_M said:

I hope we are not talking about the Adam from Adam&Eve.

This is the Adam we are talking about.

1 hour ago, Dario_M said:

Jesus Christ is just above us all.

Yes, but he’s not above his Father and our Heavenly Father.

According to Brigham Young, Adam (from Adam and Eve) is our Heavenly Father and the Father of Jesus Christ and Brigham is on record 3 times stating that Joseph Smith taught this, too. 

30 minutes ago, Grug the Neanderthal said:

This is the Adam we are talking about.

Well... in that case i can insure you that Jesus Christ is above this ficion guy Adam. 

Jesus Christ is above us humans. Jesus Christ whas the one who came on the earth. Jesus whas the one who needed to get nailed to the cross. He has done all that work to save us. 

Edited by Dario_M
29 minutes ago, Grug the Neanderthal said:

Yes, but he’s not above his Father and our Heavenly Father.

Yes you mean "God" I allready know that. God is above Jesus Christ.

And i have mention that plenty of times in your topic. 😌 Unfortunatly nobody seems te read that.

29 minutes ago, Grug the Neanderthal said:

According to Brigham Young, Adam (from Adam and Eve) is our Heavenly Father and the Father of Jesus Christ and Brigham is on record 3 times stating that Joseph Smith taught this, too. 

Yes but i don't believe in Adam&Eve and the whole theorie behind it. 

Offcourse the world has NOT been made in 7 days.🎭  I feel like that is nonsens. God has design us all. Not Adam&Eve. God is the reason why we exist i do believe. And why we are here on earth. 

This goes against the church doctrines i know. But that is just how i believe the gospel. 

Edited by Dario_M
2 minutes ago, Dario_M said:

Yes you mean "God" I allready know that. God is above Jesus Christ.

And i have mention that plenty of times in your topic. 😌 Unfortunatly nobody seems te read that.

Yes but i don't believe in Adam&Eve and the whole theorie behind it. 

Offcourse the world has NOT been made in 7 days.🎭  I feel like that is nonsens. God has design us all. Not Adam&Eve. God is the reason why we exist i do believe. And why we are here on earth. 

This goes against the church doctrines i know. But that is just how i believe the gospel. 

I'm sorry that you are going to be a bit surprised if you read about older teachings.

2 hours ago, Tacenda said:

I'm sorry that you are going to be a bit surprised if you read about older teachings.

No problem. My missionaries can also act much like this. When they wanna try to forse this type of gospel ideas into my brain. 🧠

But for the rest they are lovely guys so i don't make to much a fuss about that. 

Edited by Dario_M
2 hours ago, Dario_M said:

No problem. My missionaries can also act much like this. When they wanna try to forse this type of gospel ideas into my brain. 🧠

But for the rest the are lovely guys so i don't make to much a fuss about that. 

True, and so many religions are similar, so wherever you feel the spirit is good. 

5 hours ago, Dario_M said:

I can insure you that Jesus Christ is above this ficion guy Adam. 

You’re free to believe whatever you like, but in my book the Adam from scriptures was and is a real person. 

Jesus whas the one who needed to get nailed to the cross. He has done all that work to save us. 

None of this makes Adam fictitious, nor does it disprove the Adam-God Doctrine. 

Plenty of people believe that Jesus Christ is a fictitious individual, but their belief has no bearing on whether or not he is exactly who the scriptures say he is. 

1 hour ago, Grug the Neanderthal said:

You’re free to believe whatever you like, but in my book the Adam from scriptures was and is a real person. 

Yeah. Believe that if you want too. But i don't

The Bible is full of those stories. But i don't buy it sorry. I'm happy that the book of Mormon don't mention Adam&Eve and the forbidden fruit so much times. Makes it a lot more pleasant for me to read. 

None of this makes Adam fictitious, nor does it disprove the Adam-God Doctrine.

Okay but for me Adam is fictitious okay. Just something people have made up 400 years ago. When they manipulated the Bible. 

400 years ago people also though that it whas okay to throw people into the pyre who where witches🔥 Or if they had the suspicion that he/she meight be a witch, did you know that Grug? While those "witches" where just normal, innocent people mostely.

You think God would approve behavoir like that? I don't think so. But those people in that time really thought that that whas the right thing to do because the scriptures said so. God really must have approved that than, they thought that atleast 400 years ago. Compleet ludachrist offcourse.

So if you don't mind...i'm not gonna buy everything the church claims. 

Plenty of people believe that Jesus Christ is a fictitious individual, but their belief has no bearing on whether or not he is exactly who the scriptures say he is. 

Nothing is for sure. A lot of people that had an NDE for example claims they have met Jesus and God. And that their experience whas more real then the reality they face here on earth. that is at least what they claims. And they also said that Jesus is differend than what the sciptures claims.

I rather wanna stick with them.

But....nothing is for sure at the end of the day. Their are no garanties. 

I know that this is prity against the normal church doctrines. So the only thing i wanna say to you right now dear Grug is "God bless you. ❤✝️"

Edited by Dario_M
13 hours ago, Dario_M said:

The Bible is full of those stories. But i don't buy it sorry

for me Adam is fictitious okay. Just something people have made up 400 years ago. When they manipulated the Bible. 

The account of Adam and Eve goes back thousands of years, long before the Bible even existed. 

I'm happy that the book of Mormon don't mention Adam&Eve and the forbidden fruit so much times.

The Book of Mormon mentions Adam and Eve many times. The Book of Mormon, like the New Testament, teaches that the entire purpose of the atonement of Jesus Christ is to redeem mankind from the consequences of the fall of Adam and Eve, which brought sin and death into the world. 

47 minutes ago, Grug the Neanderthal said:

The account of Adam and Eve goes back thousands of years, long before the Bible even existed.

Well....then those people have made it up i find. 🎭

The Book of Mormon mentions Adam and Eve many times. The

Really? I must have missed that then. I have read the whole Book of Mormon though. And i whas interested about that war at the end of the book. And i read also about some King that has chopped of a lot of arms in a fight with his blade. Must be somewhere in Jacob i guess. Otherwise it whas in Moroni. Brutal. ☠ In the Bible you don't read that kind of things. 

Book of Mormon, like the New Testament, teaches that the entire purpose of the atonement of Jesus Christ is to redeem mankind from the consequences of the fall of Adam and Eve, which brought sin and death into the world. 

I don't buy that sorry. I allready had a lot of discusions about that with my missionaries. 

Later on i decided to lie bevore my baptisme and said that i believed it. But i don't actually. 

Edited by Dario_M
On 2/17/2023 at 11:59 AM, Grug the Neanderthal said:

“He [Adam] had dominion given him over every living creature.”

Who else but God has dominion over every living creature?

Adam and Eve had the dominion.  See Genesis 1:26-28

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish
of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping
thing that creepeth upon the earth.

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and
subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing
that moveth upon the earth.

10 hours ago, marineland said:

Adam and Eve had the dominion.  See Genesis 1:26-28

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish
of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping
thing that creepeth upon the earth.

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and
subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing
that moveth upon the earth.

Two thoughts:

1) According to Brigham Young, Eliza R. Snow, and other early church leaders, Adam and Eve are our Heavenly Father and Heavenly Mother. So this would actually fit very well with Adam-God.

2) Let's take a closer look at these verses from the Book of Moses.

26 And I, God, said unto mine Only Begotten, which was with me from the beginning: Let us make man in our image, after our likeness; and it was so. And I, God, said: Let them have dominion over the fishes of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27 And I, God, created man in mine own image, in the image of mine Only Begotten created I him; male and female created I them.
28 And I, God, blessed them, and said unto them: Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it, and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. 

(Moses 2)

These verses are talking about the Spiritual Creation of the human family of Adam and Eve. See Moses 3:4-5

4 And now, behold, I say unto you, that these are the generations of the heaven and of the earth, when they were created, in the day that I, the Lord God, made the heaven and the earth,
5 And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew. For I, the Lord God, created all things, of which I have spoken, spiritually, before they were naturally upon the face of the earth. For I, the Lord God, had not caused it to rain upon the face of the earth. And I, the Lord God, had created all the children of men; and not yet a man to till the ground; for in heaven created I them; and there was not yet flesh upon the earth, neither in the water, neither in the air;

The creation of Adam and Eve is part of the physical creation, which came later:

7 And I, the Lord God, formed man from the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul, the first flesh upon the earth, the first man also; nevertheless, all things were before created; but spiritually were they created and made according to my word.

21 And I, the Lord God, caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam; and he slept, and I took one of his ribs and closed up the flesh in the stead thereof;
22 And the rib which I, the Lord God, had taken from man, made I a woman, and brought her unto the man.

(Moses 3:7, 21-22)

11 hours ago, Dario_M said:

Later on i decided to lie bevore my baptisme and said that i believed it. But i don't actually. 

I don't think that this was a very wise decision. What is the point of being baptized if one does it under false pretenses and doesn't actually believe in the tenants of the faith one is joining?

But since you are now a member, I would encourage you to study this out some more, particularly from the Book of Mormon. I think you'll find that the story of Adam and Eve and the fall of man is true and an essential part of the plan of salvation. 

12 hours ago, Grug the Neanderthal said:

I would be interested in some sources for Adam and Eve that predate the Bible by thousands of years.

Also, what do you mean by "before the Bible existed"? Is there some sort of time frame you have in mind regarding when the Bible came into existence?

9 minutes ago, CA Steve said:

I would be interested in some sources for Adam and Eve that predate the Bible by thousands of years.

Also, what do you mean by "before the Bible existed"? Is there some sort of time frame you have in mind regarding when the Bible came into existence?

It wasn't until the 5th Century A.D. that the Bible as we know it was compiled and accepted as canon. The Torah is much older than this. Genesis was written thousands of years before the Bible was compiled. 

6 hours ago, Grug the Neanderthal said:

I don't think that this was a very wise decision. What is the point of being baptized if one does it under false pretenses and doesn't actually believe in the tenants of the faith one is joining?

Thanks for judging me. 🎭

But i believe in God. I believe in Jesus. Is that not allready enaugh? I needed to lie otherwise i wouldn't get baptized. 

Now i'm finaly baptized i can be honest again. And i live the gospel how i want too. 

6 hours ago, Grug the Neanderthal said:

But since you are now a member, I would encourage you to study this out some more, particularly from the Book of Mormon. I think you'll find that the story of Adam and Eve and the fall of man is true and an essential part of the plan of salvation. 

Oh my oh my.... i have allready read the whole book of Mormon. I know the storie. The rest of the information that i wanna know, about the book of Mormon or other scriptures i wanna find out here on this forum. And after that i can decide or i wanna do something with it or not. That is my study.

God bless  ✝️

4 hours ago, Dario_M said:

Thanks for judging me. 🎭

I didn’t judge you, I shared my opinion on a specific decision you made, which I think was a poor decision. 

The rest of the information that i wanna know, about the book of Mormon or other scriptures i wanna find out here on this forum. And after that i can decide or i wanna do something with it or not. That is my study.

This forum is a poor place to learn the gospel. Most of what you get on this forum is people’s opinions about various issues, which are often not correct. 

You need to study the gospel for yourself. Like the primary song says, you need to search the scriptures, ponder, and pray to learn that the scriptures are true.

56 minutes ago, Grug the Neanderthal said:

I didn’t judge you, I shared my opinion on a specific decision you made, which I think was a poor decision. 

This forum is a poor place to learn the gospel. Most of what you get on this forum is people’s opinions about various issues, which are often not correct. 

You need to study the gospel for yourself. Like the primary song says, you need to search the scriptures, ponder, and pray to learn that the scriptures are true.

If Pres Nelson says it's all about the Saviour I don't know why a member can't disbelieve all of the manmade things, IMO. 

I beg your pardon? I never make poor decisions. 

Thanks again for judging me (second time)🎭

But i can choose or i wanna do something with that specific information. I don't wanna read the whole Book of Mormon over again. It is a long storie (stories actually) and i don't have enaugh concentration on the moment. Next year i wanna give it another try. And read it again. And study on it.

But i can't on the moment. Grug.

And i had expected that my ward would help me more with all of this. But they don't because they are to bussy with other things. They don't have time for me. 

Yeah yeah...everyone is bussy these days. Oh my oh my. ⬇️

Edited by Dario_M
35 minutes ago, Grug the Neanderthal said:

What man made things are you referring to? 

Well, take Adam and Eve for instance. I thought I read a comment a long time ago on this board that they were symbolic. But members are allowed to have their own thoughts about teachings in the church that they disagree on, I was told at one time. As long as they aren't going around preaching in public something against the church.

9 hours ago, Tacenda said:

Well, take Adam and Eve for instance. I thought I read a comment a long time ago on this board that they were symbolic. But members are allowed to have their own thoughts about teachings in the church that they disagree on, I was told at one time. As long as they aren't going around preaching in public something against the church.

What indication is there that the story of Adam and Eve is man made and not real? It’s portrayed as real in all 4 standard works and the church has always maintained and taught that Adam and Eve literally existed and that they lived in a real garden and fell by partaking of the fruit. 

Are aspects of the story symbolic? Sure, but it’s not man made. 

The church allows people to hold private opinions that conflict with the scriptures and church teachings as long as they don’t publicly teach them, but this doesn’t mean that the church doesn’t consider it to be problem if people reject the teachings of the church.