“Bill, Honey, Sweetie, stop it please”!

Over the last month, “especially the month of February”, my wife has asked me to stop telling her what is coming. I have assured her that due to the fact I was living in the area of world, now at war (as did she), that predicting what was to come was not too difficult. Also while living there I became a student of the politics of this region. In part, because it was a requirement to advance in rank, but also because he fascinated me. Not to mention that while I was there my MOS (Military Occupational Specialty), was Signal Core, with a “Top Secret” clearance. Therefore, I was privy to a lot of information, others were not privy too. 

This is not all, on many occasions over the last year, I have purchased many things, she felt was “unnecessary” and “out of the blue”, only to need them soon thereafter. I have also pointed out a number of things, which then came to pass. Not to mention the deaths of friends. It has gotten to the point that my children will call, asking about things they want to know, if these will come to pass. 

One son will call and say, Dad you just know things that will happen to me, so I am calling to get a “heads up”. As of late this is beginning to frightened my wife and children. So lately my wife is telling me; Bii, Honey, Sweetie, stop it please, you are scaring me”. “You are scaring me a lot!”

I tell here, by doing so you are not hungry, nor without power, TV and Satellite. I tell her, and my children, I am only trying to keep you both, Happy and Safe.

He reply is, “How are you dong this”? I remind her that, instead of watch “Game Shows”, or “Talk Shows”, I watch the News, “The Learning Channel”, or “The History Channel”, but this just makes he angry. 

I have other sources, where I speak to God on my knees, and read scripture everyday. 

I also remind her and my children and grandchildren, that I am no Prophet, just observant. 

What should I do? Keep quiet, or continue to tell the truth? I even face this among friends at Church. If I speak of some upcoming even, maybe I should keep it to myself, or maybe silence is the best policy. 

Again: Forgive any errors

5 hours ago, Bill “Papa” Lee said:

Over the last month, “especially the month of February”, my wife has asked me to stop telling her what is coming. I have assured her that due to the fact I was living in the area of world, now at war (as did she), that predicting what was to come was not too difficult. Also while living there I became a student of the politics of this region. In part, because it was a requirement to advance in rank, but also because he fascinated me. Not to mention that while I was there my MOS (Military Occupational Specialty), was Signal Core, with a “Top Secret” clearance. Therefore, I was privy to a lot of information, others were not privy too. 

This is not all, on many occasions over the last year, I have purchased many things, she felt was “unnecessary” and “out of the blue”, only to need them soon thereafter. I have also pointed out a number of things, which then came to pass. Not to mention the deaths of friends. It has gotten to the point that my children will call, asking about things they want to know, if these will come to pass. 

One son will call and say, Dad you just know things that will happen to me, so I am calling to get a “heads up”. As of late this is beginning to frightened my wife and children. So lately my wife is telling me; Bii, Honey, Sweetie, stop it please, you are scaring me”. “You are scaring me a lot!”

I tell here, by doing so you are not hungry, nor without power, TV and Satellite. I tell her, and my children, I am only trying to keep you both, Happy and Safe.

He reply is, “How are you dong this”? I remind her that, instead of watch “Game Shows”, or “Talk Shows”, I watch the News, “The Learning Channel”, or “The History Channel”, but this just makes he angry. 

I have other sources, where I speak to God on my knees, and read scripture everyday. 

I also remind her and my children and grandchildren, that I am no Prophet, just observant. 

What should I do? Keep quiet, or continue to tell the truth? I even face this among friends at Church. If I speak of some upcoming even, maybe I should keep it to myself, or maybe silence is the best policy. 

Again: Forgive any errors

There is a difference between what is true and what is useful. Often times they occupy the same space and other times they don’t. It would be a true statement to declare that someone who is smoking a cigarette is sinning, but it may not be useful. Maybe this is a similar situation?

Edited by Fether
14 hours ago, Bill “Papa” Lee said:

Though the sky may fall, speak the truth. 

FOllow the promptings of the Spirit

I think  your wife's perspective deserves your full attention.   She is telling you she cannot deal with what you are doing.    You aren't helping her by doing it.   So quit talking about it with her and start talking with her about joyous and hopeful things or maybe serving others in some way together.   

When your children ask you, or she asks you, then it is perfectly alright for you to answer them.

Honoring her wishes/needs doesn't require that you stop thinking about it, or preparing for it (though she has ever right to be an equal partner in how you spend your collective resources, so maybe you settle on the monthly budget she agrees is reasonable, and you agree to save up a few months worth of that until you can afford to get it, and otherwise to stay within the limits she thinks your budget can spare).

And, please also consider checking in with a counselor about what you are thinking and feeling.   Not because I think you are going nuts, but because your wife appears to think you might be and you want to reassure her that you are fine and if seeing someone to talk this through will do that, it is a small price to pay for your wife's concerns.  You may find it is also helpful to you do talk about your huge concerns with someone who can help you process where you are mentally.

My guess is that your wife is really scared, and probably not so much about what is coming in the world, but how focused on that you are ---so much that you can't seem to HEAR her.

If I'm wrong, I apologize.

Edited by rpn
36 minutes ago, rpn said:

I think  your wife's perspective deserves your full attention.   She is telling you she cannot deal with what you are doing.    You aren't helping her by doing it.   So quit talking about it with her and start talking with her about joyous and hopeful things or maybe serving others in some way together.   

When your children ask you, or she asks you, then it is perfectly alright for you to answer them.

Honoring her wishes/needs doesn't require that you stop thinking about it, or preparing for it (though she has ever right to be an equal partner in how you spend your collective resources, so maybe you settle on the monthly budget she agrees is reasonable, and you agree to save up a few months worth of that until you can afford to get it, and otherwise to stay within the limits she thinks your budget can spare).

And, please also consider checking in with a counselor about what you are thinking and feeling.   Not because I think you are going nuts, but because your wife appears to think you might be and you want to reassure her that you are fine and if seeing someone to talk this through will do that, it is a small price to pay for your wife's concerns.  You may find it is also helpful to you do talk about your huge concerns with someone who can help you process where you are mentally.

My guess is that your wife is really scared, and probably not so much about what is coming in the world, but how focused on that you are ---so much that you can't seem to HEAR her.

If I'm wrong, I apologize.

I wonder if papa is too focused on world news stations. I do that and it gets me down quickly. Hope he can enjoy every minute of life w/o all that and just try to have fun with life. Like he normally has, I think.

6 hours ago, rpn said:

Last year, I told her…”we need a generator”. He first response was, “we can’t afford it”. I replied, “we can’t not afford it”. Shortly thereafter, when it arrived, we lost power for days, and since we are on a well, it saved us. Then, a tropical storm hit our area, and we were without power for days. As for my children, they often call and seek advice, somehow knowing, that I know of things going on in their lives. Other times I call to ask what is going on, and they wonder how I  know what is wrong, wondering how I know they are having troubles. I too wonder how I know, or feel that something is wrong in their lives. Odd, isn’t is not.  

7 hours ago, nuclearfuels said:

Though the sky may fall, speak the truth. 

FOllow the promptings of the Spirit

I always try to do so, and when my wife wonders how I know these things, I tell her it is the “Spirit that moves me”. At least this is what I believe, which speaks to me. Or so I hope. 

1 hour ago, Bill “Papa” Lee said:

I always try to do so, and when my wife wonders how I know these things, I tell her it is the “Spirit that moves me”. At least this is what I believe, which speaks to me. Or so I hope. 

Well now, I'm all ears. Do you want to get it all out here so as to not alarm your wife? Are your spiritual voices more geared towards your family and local environment?

Edited by Tacenda
10 hours ago, Lazarus 61 said:

I think you should not talk to people about things that scare them as long as they would rather be less informed of your thoughts than scared.  There is no good reason to scare people by telling them what you think.

Truth should be shared in the spirit of love and if you can't share some truth in that spirit, to build others up rather than to tear them down or scare them, then it would be better to say nothing to them about what scares them.

I don’t do it to frighten her, I did not know it upset her until recently. 

13 hours ago, Tacenda said:

Well now, I'm all ears. Do you want to get it all out here so as to not alarm your wife? Are your spiritual voices more geared towards your family and local environment?

As Patriarch of my family, the Holy Spirit speaks to me concerning issues to do with my family. Except for the current war, which I spoke of here that would happen right after the Olympics. Even though the Olympics were in China, not to mention it won’t be long until China goes to war. But, I am no Prophet, just observant. When it comes to family members, the Holy Spirit speaks to me, but not voices, I am not crazy.  

3 minutes ago, Bill “Papa” Lee said:

As Patriarch of my family, the Holy Spirit speaks to me concerning issues to do with my family. Except for the current war, which I spoke of here that would happen right after the Olympics. Even though the Olympics were in China, not to mention it won’t be long until China goes to war. But, I am no Prophet, just observant. When it comes to family members, the Holy Spirit speaks to me, but not voices, I am not crazy.  

I'm sorry, I didn't mean for it to come off that way, not voices. I was unable to come up with a different way to say it. I put it as voices, but should have included it as the still small voice. LDS speak..

Edited by Tacenda

Well, I would agree that everyone whose power goes out with regularity, who is within tornado or hurricane path SHOULD have a generator or solar capability for sure.   And you're entirely correct that it can be expensive and often people have to save up for one.

7 hours ago, rpn said:

Well, I would agree that everyone whose power goes out with regularity, who is within tornado or hurricane path SHOULD have a generator or solar capability for sure.   And you're entirely correct that it can be expensive and often people have to save up for one.

On January 11, 2020 we got hit by a tornado. However, I waited for year to purchase one, after being moved to by the Holy Spirit. The tropical storm, was odd since I live in Atlanta.