Satire Thread. Only Satire. It's a joke. Sheesh.

Unvaccinated Man Feeling Left Out As All His Vaccinated Friends Have COVID

CLEVELAND, OH—Local unvaccinated man Chuck Dornley is feeling very left out this holiday season, as all his vaccinated friends have now contracted COVID. 

"Maybe I should have just gotten vaccinated," said Dornley. Then I'd have COVID like everyone else and I and my vaccinated friends would have something to talk about. Now I'm all by myself feeling healthy. Such a bummer!" 

Dornley said to reporters that he also felt left out several months ago when he got COVID himself, and everyone was calling him a "grandma killer." He hopes that once everything gets back to normal, he can go back to feeling left out for being a Cleveland Browns fan. 

10 minutes ago, Cordelia said:

(That's not even good satire, in my humble opinion, just heavy-handed political yuk yuk-ing.)

A good sense of humor requires self-awareness, the ability to be self-deprecating, and generally punches up instead of down. There is a lot more to it of course.

Without the necessary attributes humor tends to be shallow, self-congratulatory, malicious, and often punches down.

37 minutes ago, Cordelia said:

(That's not even good satire, in my humble opinion, just heavy-handed political yuk yuk-ing.)

Oh, I don't know. I have relatives and friends who got vaccinated and later got Covid, as well as some who haven't been vaccinated who haven't Covid.  It's a great source for ironic humor.

I thought the OP was funny. The one about the woman catching fire was funny too. As was your comment about satire and parody.

2 hours ago, John Madden said:

Unvaccinated Man Feeling Left Out As All His Vaccinated Friends Have COVID

CLEVELAND, OH—Local unvaccinated man Chuck Dornley is feeling very left out this holiday season, as all his vaccinated friends have now contracted COVID. 

"Maybe I should have just gotten vaccinated," said Dornley. Then I'd have COVID like everyone else and I and my vaccinated friends would have something to talk about. Now I'm all by myself feeling healthy. Such a bummer!" 

Dornley said to reporters that he also felt left out several months ago when he got COVID himself, and everyone was calling him a "grandma killer." He hopes that once everything gets back to normal, he can go back to feeling left out for being a Cleveland Browns fan. 

Phil Valentine, Bob Enyart, Marc Bernier, and Dic* Farrell all peddled the same "hilarious" anti vaccine nonsense from their conservative radio shows.  They all died from Covid.  This isn't a joke.  These are real people with real families and real lives...lost to lies. 

Edited by pogi
9 minutes ago, pogi said:

Phil Valentine, Bob Enyart, Marc Bernier, and Dic* Farrell all peddled the same "hilarious" anti vaccine nonsense from their conservative radio shows.  They all died from Covid.  This isn't a joke.  These are real people with real families and real lives...lost to lies. 

The conservative radio show hosts all dying of Covid was a running gag for a while.

It was pointed out by many that you could see the divide amongst the people peddling anti-vaccination information. Usually at the highest levels you have the ones creating a lot of it who know how ridiculous their lies are and get indignant if you ask if they have been vaccinated or gotten boosters (they have gotten both). Further down you have the ones that actually believe the propaganda and they are getting Covid and a lot of them are dead. It is morbidly amusing to see where the line between them is.

7 minutes ago, The Nehor said:

The conservative radio show hosts all dying of Covid was a running gag for a while.

It was pointed out by many that you could see the divide amongst the people peddling anti-vaccination information. Usually at the highest levels you have the ones creating a lot of it who know how ridiculous their lies are and get indignant if you ask if they have been vaccinated or gotten boosters (they have gotten both). Further down you have the ones that actually believe the propaganda and they are getting Covid and a lot of them are dead. It is morbidly amusing to see where the line between them is.

It's like selective selection. Modern naturist hippies are weird.