Zoom Sacrament Meeting Horrors

MorningStar

I think our ward may have topped all other wards yesterday. Our sacrament was canceled yesterday due to snow and we were going to do the Christmas program, so it was decided at the last minute that we would have it over Zoom. 

Shortly after playing a song, our ward pervert took his clothes off thinking he was off camera. I wish I were making this up. I guess he thinks "mute" turns his camera off too. A friend texted his wife to tell her he was on camera and taking his clothes off. Thankfully my family didn't see it, but others did. We had it set up so we only saw people who were unmuted. Our bishop was out of town and I feel sorry for him that he's going to have to hear about this if he hasn't already. 

Any horror stories to share? 

Our friend's son was reading outloud everything people were typing in the chat box (which I didn't realize people did) and the family didn't know they weren't muted. Someone texted his dad, we'll say Fred, so Fred started typing things in the chat box like "Fred is awesome" and "Fred is the best"... which his son, of course, read outloud to everyone listening. 

The first rule of zoom.  Always check the mute.  Where I teach we have been meeting virtually for over a year, and there is always some issue with people talking when they think they are muted.  Sometimes colorful languages has been used.  

11 hours ago, Cordelia said:

Our friend's son was reading outloud everything people were typing in the chat box (which I didn't realize people did) and the family didn't know they weren't muted. Someone texted his dad, we'll say Fred, so Fred started typing things in the chat box like "Fred is awesome" and "Fred is the best"... which his son, of course, read outloud to everyone listening. 

:lol:

On 12/27/2021 at 9:39 PM, MorningStar said:

Shortly after playing a song, our ward pervert took his clothes off thinking he was off camera.

This is why our ward uses the Zoom Webinar option for sacrament meeting broadcasts.  The organizer (a member of the bishopric) has full and complete control over who is the "presenter" or who can speak, thus preventing any embarrassing accidents, or intentional hi-jacking of the meeting. 

On 12/27/2021 at 9:39 PM, MorningStar said:

Any horror stories to share? 

In a COVID lockdown version of our Stake Priesthood meeting using Zoom in early 2021 (regular Zoom, not the Webinar option), one of the participants forgot to mute when he flushed the toilet for everyone to hear.  Luckily it was just the flushing part, and only the audio and not anything else.

On 1/2/2022 at 9:51 PM, InCognitus said:

This is why our ward uses the Zoom Webinar option for sacrament meeting broadcasts.  The organizer (a member of the bishopric) has full and complete control over who is the "presenter" or who can speak, thus preventing any embarrassing accidents, or intentional hi-jacking of the meeting. 

In a COVID lockdown version of our Stake Priesthood meeting using Zoom in early 2021 (regular Zoom, not the Webinar option), one of the participants forgot to mute when he flushed the toilet for everyone to hear.  Luckily it was just the flushing part, and only the audio and not anything else.

Hey, that even happened in a Supreme Court hearing ("Flushgate"!!!), so ... :D :rofl::D