Seriously No Politics ×

Co-vid 19: What Is and Isn't Known, Discussion and Debate

1 minute ago, T-Shirt said:

Thanks for the lesson.  I asked you to remove a cheap shot aimed at me earlier but you didn't do it.

It was not a shot (cheap or otherwise) aimed at you.  It was my own comment regarding something you said which I meant you and others to take as something I said rather than what you said.  And I thought it was funny.  And that you or others might laugh or at least chuckle.

But no.  Instead you took my comment as something other than what I intended it to be.  So it is all your fault.  And I now demand an apology.  And I will be holding my breath until you apologize to me. And develop a better sense of humor.

I have edited out the word, "lies"

Yeah....not really seeing you get into the spirit of removing offensive comments. Will be asking mods to lock the thread. 

Everyone, please do not carry this over to the new thread. If you feel the need to defend yourself, you have until the more lock the thread down, which may be soon or a day or two. I won’t be making any more comments trying to get the thread back on track. 

5 minutes ago, Calm said:

We are up to 33 pages, I am going to start a new thread so as to keep more up to date info easier to access.

I may ask for this thread to be closed and then wait a day or two (think I will ask this be closed today or tomorrow and then start the new one on Sunday or Monday) to give everyone a breather as sometimes we all need a break.  Please remember if you come across interesting or useful info once this gets locked so we don’t miss out. :)

Will we be allowed to post information that Pogi disagrees with without him shouting it down?

Will we be allowed to post information that Pogi disagrees with without him shouting it down?

Calm is the one trying to shut down this thread.  And it is all your fault, T-shirt.  I'm just telling it like it is.

8 minutes ago, Ahab said:

It was not a shot (cheap or otherwise) aimed at you.  It was my own comment regarding something you said which I meant you and others to take as something I said rather than what you said.  And I thought it was funny.  And that you or others might laugh or at least chuckle.

But no.  Instead you took my comment as something other than what I intended it to be.  So it is all your fault.  And I now demand an apology.  And I will be holding my breath until you apologize to me. And develop a better sense of humor.

Your attempt at humor implied I wanted old people to die.  That's not funny.

Just now, T-Shirt said:

Your attempt at humor implied I wanted old people to die.  That's not funny.

I was playing off of your comment that you like to try to see the good in everything.  I like to try to do that too, even in regards to the fact that old people die. And it is still your fault that you took my comment in a way that I did not intend it to be taken.

17 minutes ago, T-Shirt said:

Go back and read your interactions with me.  It is you who jumped in shouting me down for posts that I made, starting with New York.  I have been on the defensive with you ever sense.  I disagreed with your assurance that vulnerable populations wouldn't be affected from schools opening, even with precautions.  But I wouldn't call that shouting.  The only shouting came from you demanding that I "knock it off!"?   Instead of defending or clarifying your statements, instead you make personal attacks against me and accuse me of twisting your words and simply demand that I  stop it (when I have no clue what you are talking about).  

I am happy if to interact with people who disagree.  Just please defend yourself or clarify what you mean instead of just making personal attacks and accusations that I misrepresent you.  You still haven't even tried to defend or clarify those 2 quotes.  They are just empty assertions. 

Edited by pogi
3 minutes ago, T-Shirt said:

Feel free to report him if you think he is doing so. 

I don’t agree with you that he is bullying. There is shouting from multiple people. Several have expressed frustration with repetition of things they see as obvious, etc.  Pogi has with me special status as he has access to medical info and experiences that so far no one else has and that we need. Chances are if a doctor or nurse or lab tech, etc joins us, I am going to watch out for them as well. 

But I find accusations of dishonesty personally very offensive and therefore intend to protect everyone from such that I see and register (I do sometimes miss them because I am absorbed in something else).

9 minutes ago, Calm said:

Yeah....not really seeing you get into the spirit of removing offensive comments. Will be asking mods to lock the thread. 

Everyone, please do not carry this over to the new thread. If you feel the need to defend yourself, you have until the more lock the thread down, which may be soon or a day or two. I won’t be making any more comments trying to get the thread back on track. 

If the truth is offensive, so be it.  i didn't start this.  Pogi started chastising my comments from the very beginning and attributed things to me I do not say, even after correcting him.  He's been a thread bully form the start, go back to see what he did to Smac and others, before I even joined in.

10 minutes ago, T-Shirt said:

i didn't start this. 

Oh really?  I will let others decide for themselves.  

Pogi started chastising my comments from the very beginning

First interaction I had with you was about those new york pictures.  This most recent engagement was again you coming after me for the New York pics.  You came after me. 

and attributed things to me I do not say, even after correcting him.

I posted direct quotes...which you still have not clarified or defended. 

go back to see what he did to Smac and others, before I even joined in.

You mean getting upset every time he tried to slip in political junk?

Edited by pogi
7 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Calm is the one trying to shut down this thread.  And it is all your fault, T-shirt.  I'm just telling it like it is.

Not helping, Ahab, though I know you are trying.

I have reported the thread to mods, not asked for any bannings at this time as I do think that the basis is misunderstandings, but there is a lack of self control being demonstrated as well, which is disappointing  to me. (Have I become my mother?!?)

3 minutes ago, Calm said:

Feel free to report him if you think he is doing so. 

I don’t agree with you that he is bullying. There is shouting from multiple people. Several have expressed frustration with repetition of things they see as obvious, etc.  Pogi has with me special status as he has access to medical info and experiences that so far no one else has and that we need. Chances are if a doctor or nurse or lab tech, etc joins us, I am going to watch out for them as well. 

But I find accusations of dishonesty personally very offensive and therefore intend to protect everyone from such that I see and register (I do sometimes miss them because I am absorbed in something else).

First of all, I did not ever say anything about Pogi that even implied he was being dishonest until after he said I was "lying".  Yet, I get all the heat.  Earlier, he even admitted that he thought I was someone else, but that didn't stop him from continuing to misrepresent my comments.