Cosmo Cougar on Parade....

Garden Girl

Today I was Watching "The Five" on Fox and they have a segment where they go around the table and each gives a brief item of interest... imagine my surprise when Juan Williams posted a video of Cosmo dancing with the BYU Cougarettes.  He said how he liked Cosmo's incredible moves... but then also included pictures of Cosmo being launched 21 feet in the air to slam dunk a basketball...  the other panelists oohhed and aahhed (Cosmo really was incredible).  It was fun to see Cosmo get such recognition...

This year's men's Volleyball and Basketball teams have been incredible...

GG

Edited by Garden Girl
2 hours ago, Garden Girl said:

Today I was Watching "The Five" on Fox and they have a segment where they go around the table and each gives a brief item of interest... imagine my surprise when Juan Williams posted a video of Cosmo dancing with the BYU Cougarettes.  He said how he liked Cosmo's incredible moves... but then also included pictures of Cosmo being launched 21 feet in the air to slam dunk a basketball...  the other panelists oohhed and aahhed (Cosmo really was incredible).  It was fun to see Cosmo get such recognition...

This year's men's Volleyball and Basketball teams have been incredible...

GG

My husband's niece married the Cosmo mascot of several years ago. They named their baby son Cougar! She was a BYU cheerleader as well, that's how they met. :)

2 hours ago, Tacenda said:

My husband's niece married the Cosmo mascot of several years ago. They named their baby son Cougar! She was a BYU cheerleader as well, that's how they met. :)

Did he have a middle name he could use if he wanted?

(I am probably hypersensitive when it comes to names, hopefully they don't tease like they used to with unusual ones because of the wider variety there appears to be now.)

Edited by Calm
1 hour ago, strappinglad said:

I have a neighbor who named his son " Rope ". Mom and Dad are both from rodeo families. 😜

I like that as much as "Cougar". ;)

2 hours ago, sunstoned said:

That is a very cool story.  Cougar is also a good name!

It's the first time I've seen it, and I've sub'd taught in dozens of schools throughout the years. 

2 hours ago, Calm said:

Did he have a middle name he could use if he wanted?

(I am probably hypersensitive when it comes to names, hopefully they don't tease like they used to with unusual ones because of the wider variety there appears to be now.)

I don't know, I'll have to ask my sis-in-law. There are so many names out there, that anything goes. Recently saw that Jessica Simpson named her daughter, Maxwell. Oh well...but she'll probably have trouble all of her life correcting people. But same with Jordan and other neutral names out there. Little Cougar will get to say, "my dad was Cosmo, the mascot for BYU cougars!", lol. :)

ETA: Just checked a family photo book that the same sister in law put together for my in-laws, because she is amazing like that. She had all of the individual families listed. Her daughter who married Cosmo the mascot, and their son is actually named Brent "Cougar" *****. So Cougar is his middle name, so that's good I guess. I've heard them call him Cougar though, so we'll see if it sticks. 

Edited by Tacenda

UPDATE...

As a BYU sports fan, I've been interested in the professional careers of former BYU Cougars... Imagine my delight tonight to be able to watch NFL football... the 49ers vs the New Orleans Saints... with Fred Warner on the Niners, making great plays and the announcers praising his efforts and referring to his time at BYU... then there's the Saints with Taysom Hill also making similar plays, even playing quarterback part of the time, along with his other position... and again his BYU years/record being cited.  So I've enjoyed this game.... 35 - 33 Niners so far.  4th Quarter...

GG