General Conference MoTab music list

HiJolly

Seems about right.
Start Saturday with some songs about the prophet since there's a new one, and it will probably be a solemn assembly type meeting.
Sunday focus on Easter.

Oooo..I have so many favorites!! It has been ages since I have heard "Dear to The Heart of the Shepherd"...Mormon or not.."I Know That My Redeemer Lives".."Rejoice the Lord of Kings"...my favorite to play on the piano!!  When my husband and I was first married..though inactive at the time..conference was on..and "Love at Home" was being sung..I sat down..and fortunately the piano was in tune..and played with them..the look on his face..was just total awesome!!:D  He thought I was an angel for a bit...but how easy was that? 

4 hours ago, HiJolly said:

MoTab General Conference music - April 2018 

Saturday AM 
We Thank Thee O God For a Prophet 
We Listen to a Prophet's Voice 
Press Forward, Saints ----  Congregation rest hymn 
Tell Me The Stories of Jesus 
My Redeemer Lives 

Saturday PM - tacit 

Sunday AM 
Christ the Lord is Risen Today 
He Sent His Son 
Rejoice the Lord is King ----  Congregation rest hymn 
He Is Risen 
cover of Hoobastank's "The Reason" 

Sunday PM 
Brightly Beams Our Father's Mercy 
Dear to the Heart of the Shepherd 
Redeemer of Israel ----  Congregation rest hymn 
Love One Another 
Let Us All Press On 

Thank you, how have you been? Don't hear from you much anymore. Thanks again for the gift you gave my wife and I on one of our trips to Utah. My son and his family live here now, and it is difficult for me to travel now. I do miss coming out there, sooooooooo beautiful. 

Edited by Bill "Papa" Lee
13 hours ago, HiJolly said:

MoTab General Conference music - April 2018 

Saturday AM 
We Thank Thee O God For a Prophet 
We Listen to a Prophet's Voice 
Press Forward, Saints ----  Congregation rest hymn 
Tell Me The Stories of Jesus 
My Redeemer Lives 

Saturday PM - tacit 

Sunday AM 
Christ the Lord is Risen Today 
He Sent His Son 
Rejoice the Lord is King ----  Congregation rest hymn 
He Is Risen 
cover of Hoobastank's "The Reason" 

Sunday PM 
Brightly Beams Our Father's Mercy 
Dear to the Heart of the Shepherd 
Redeemer of Israel ----  Congregation rest hymn 
Love One Another 
Let Us All Press On 

It is that time of year again!  HiJolly's music lists...seriously, sets me in the mood for conference whenever I see you do this. :)

17 hours ago, Bill "Papa" Lee said:

Thank you, how have you been? Don't hear from you much anymore. Thanks again for the gift you gave my wife and I on one of our trips to Utah. My son and his family live here now, and it is difficult for me to travel now. I do miss coming out there, sooooooooo beautiful. 

Ah, yes, I was very glad I could help. My oldest son passed away last year from cancer. So that was/is rough, esp. for his mother, widow and 3 kids.

I'm doing all right, but you know, getting older... I have 3 years left to serve in the Choir, and I think I'll be healthy enough to finish. So that's good. I'm doing well. My youngest is a senior in High School. Things are winding down. 

49 minutes ago, HiJolly said:

Ah, yes, I was very glad I could help. My oldest son passed away last year from cancer. So that was/is rough, esp. for his mother, widow and 3 kids.

I'm doing all right, but you know, getting older... I have 3 years left to serve in the Choir, and I think I'll be healthy enough to finish. So that's good. I'm doing well. My youngest is a senior in High School. Things are winding down. 

I am glad you are well, but so sorry that you had to bury a child. Doing so is n unnatural thing, but one day we will no longer suffer such loss. God bless you my brother. 

1 hour ago, HiJolly said:

I am so sorry about your son and family heartaches...I hope that eventually you will find an ease of pain with time.  Getting older??? No!!  We are just getting better!!  Hugs HiJolly!

I have a question that I thought about as far as LDS Music...why is it that we don't hear "The Lord's Prayer" or "Amazing Grace"..so beautiful they are as well as "I Believe", "He"..and many others. 

1 hour ago, Jeanne said:

I have a question that I thought about as far as LDS Music...why is it that we don't hear "The Lord's Prayer" or "Amazing Grace"..so beautiful they are as well as "I Believe", "He"..and many others. 

There are many reasons this may be so. The one I think of first is something the Choir hadn't really paid much attention to until the last 5 or so years... That being, copyright laws, intellectual property rights, and so forth. We can only perform music that we have permission (and maybe paid $$$) to perform.