I am Ryan McKnight, Founder of MormonLeaks...AMA

Greetings.

I was told by a friend that I needed to check this site out and I am super impressed!  I love the commentary, both for and against, the various leaks we have have over the last year.

This is by far the best forum currently discussing the leaks.

Anyway, I thought I would offer myself up to you all and do an AMA (Ask Me Anything).

No questions are off the table, but I reserve the right to say no comment ;)

If you need proof that this is really me you can PM me at https://www.facebook.com/FearlessFixxer

Cheers

Moderator advice: Welcome to the board, feel free to join in but we do not allow personal ads. 

• Like 1

Welcome!

Question I have is are you sent stuff that is just boring and of no real value? Like I can't imagine a Bishopric agenda from my ward from June 1991 would be of any value, so do you disregard those kind of submissions?

• Like 1
Just now, Duncan said:

Welcome!

Question I have is are you sent stuff that is just boring and of no real value? Like I can't imagine a Bishopric agenda from my ward from June 1991 would be of any value, so do you disregard those kind of submissions?

They published church travel expense policies. What could be more dull? If they are discriminating the stuff they throw out must truly be chloroform in print.

1 minute ago, Duncan said:

Welcome!

:lol::lol::lol:

2 minutes ago, The Nehor said:

I realized I was rude and never asked a question.

So, does serving Satan come with a good dental plan?

I won't go there regarding whom he serves but I gotta say that you have to have teeth to gnash them. 

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Duncan said:

Welcome!

I would be glad to sell some of those!!  Just found a ton from 2011 are those worth more? ;)

Bidding starts ar 25 cents- who will bid 25?  Any takers for 25?......

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, Duncan said:

Welcome!

That is a great question.

I have learned that value is in the eye of the beholder.  There have been times when I thought a leak would be a flop and it got a lot of attention and some of my favorite leaks were virtually ignored.

I try not to take the 'value' into account.  Basically, if the document shows something that John Q. Mormon does not have access to and it promotes the type of transparency we are seeking, then it will get released.

Having said that, documents related to local issues will typically get leapfrogged in the queue by corporate documents.

I hope that answers your question.

• Like 2
48 minutes ago, FearlessFixxer said:

Greetings.

I was told by a friend that I needed to check this site out and I am super impressed!  I love the commentary, both for and against, the various leaks we have have over the last year.

And greetings to you.

Now that we are done with the niceties......  

I have observed several serious problems with leaked documents=====>>

1. It is up to the reader to imagine the "back story" or the context of the leak.  The hate mongers are more than delighted to give heir own interpretation of a single sentence and provide their own context in a very negative light == "There is the proof that they are racist, hate gays, etc" from a single sentence.

The true meaning of a leaked document is based on what happened BEFORE as well as AFTER.  Was this just the opinion of a single individual, or of the entire group, etc

2.  The leaking of documents gives implicit support that the church is basically evil.  "Why else do they hide such things?"

3. The leaks make it more difficult for the church to get the expert opinions and vital counsel it needs to conduct the business of the church.  The adviser must bd influenced by the possibility that his frank opinions will be published and subject to negative publicity.

Just remember, "God  will not be mocked".

Edited by cdowis
  • Like 2
27 minutes ago, The Nehor said:

They published church travel expense policies. What could be more dull? If they are discriminating the stuff they throw out must truly be chloroform in print.

It is very rare we refuse to release something.

47 minutes ago, FearlessFixxer said:

Greetings.

This is by far the best forum currently discussing the leaks.

Anyway, I thought I would offer myself up to you all and do an AMA (Ask Me Anything).

No questions are off the table, but I reserve the right to say no comment ;)

If you need proof that this is really me you can PM me at https://www.facebook.com/FearlessFixxer

Cheers

Welcome! I'm curious about your screen name. What are you trying to fix?

22 minutes ago, mfbukowski said:

I would be glad to sell some of those!!  Just found a ton from 2011 are those worth more? ;)

Bidding starts ar 25 cents- who will bid 25?  Any takers for 25?......

MormonLeaks does not, nor would we ever, pay for leaks.

Moderator advice: Welcome to the board, feel free to join in but we do not allow personal ads.

1 minute ago, cdowis said:

And greetings to you.

Now that we are done with the niceties......  

I have observed several serious problems with leaked documents=====?

1. It is up to the reader to imagine the "back story" or the context of the leak.  The hate mongers are more than delighted to give heir own interpretation of a single sentence and provide their own context in a very negative light == "There is the proof that they are racist, hate gays, etc" from a single sentence.

The true meaning of a leaked document is based on what happened BEFORE as well as AFTER.  Was this just the opinion of a single individual, or of the entire group, etc

2.  The leaking of documents gives implicit support that the church is basically evil.  "Why else do they hide such things?"

3. The leaks make it more difficult for the church to get the expert opinions and vital counsel it needs to conduct the business of the church.  The adviser must bd influenced by the possibility that his frank opinions will be published and subject to negative publicity.

Just remember, "God  will not be mocked".

Was there a question to go along with this or is it just a general complaint?