Mormon church & mental illness – more harm than good? www.mormon.pw

www.mormon.pw

Hi

I am looking for help in dealing with a Bishop that made false accusations, blocked my number and made it impossible to defend myself. I worry not only about my kids that go to "his" church every Sunday but about the people that this Bishop leads as there might be more of them asking for help like myself, and the way he “helps” could be just devastating to some. I described more here: www.mormon.pw and I would appreciate any comments or advice.

Thank you

Kind regards

Martin

53 minutes ago, www.mormon.pw said:

Hi

I am looking for help in dealing with a Bishop that made false accusations, blocked my number and made it impossible to defend myself. I worry not only about my kids that go to "his" church every Sunday but about the people that this Bishop leads as there might be more of them asking for help like myself, and the way he “helps” could be just devastating to some. I described more here: www.mormon.pw and I would appreciate any comments or advice.

Thank you

Kind regards

Martin

It would probably be a good idea for you to read the board rules.

It's a little difficult to give advice when we don't know you or your family and the bishop from Adam. And after reading the back and forths between you both, I pity your bishop. What can he do? What if he is correct that your wife isn't as mentally ill as you say? What if you're looking at it wrong? Have you both sought professional help? Your bishop isn't that. And I don't like how you say "his" church. He was called to the position and probably doing the best he knows how. To me while reading things you've said, it appears you are baiting him. If I understand that phrase enough. 

Please get professional help, or is that what you were trying to get from the bishop? They should still have LDS Family Services. https://providentliving.lds.org/lds-family-services?lang=eng  Could you go to the Stake President?

ETA: Oh my, I see that you have had professional help, and probably at your wit's end. Do you have family for support? I'm so sorry for the pain your family is undergoing.

ETA again: You need to leave this bishop alone. Go to another leader such as the Stake President. No one is perfect including this bishop, he's just a layman. What do you expect, him to channel God, how about yourself?

Edited by Tacenda
4 hours ago, www.mormon.pw said:

Hi Martin,

Based on reading your comments here and on your web site, I have concluded several things:

English is not your native language, and you have great difficulty in expressing yourself clearly.  This has led to a number of misunderstandings.

You do not appear to be a member of the LDS Church, and do not understand LDS theology or priesthood responsibility.

You need to pursue professional psychological or psychiatric help (as in the past), and not to seek help from your local bishop or stake president.  It would be best if that help came from someone who speaks your native language and understands your cultural background.

After all this time and frustration, it might be best to consider divorce -- for your as well as the children's sake.  A dysfunctional family is not good for them.  Have the court decide custody and visitation, after a full report to the judge from professionals.

All the best to you.

49 minutes ago, Robert F. Smith said:

Hi Martin,

Based on reading your comments here and on your web site, I have concluded several things:

English is not your native language, and you have great difficulty in expressing yourself clearly.  This has led to a number of misunderstandings.

You do not appear to be a member of the LDS Church, and do not understand LDS theology or priesthood responsibility.

You need to pursue professional psychological or psychiatric help (as in the past), and not to seek help from your local bishop or stake president.  It would be best if that help came from someone who speaks your native language and understands your cultural background.

After all this time and frustration, it might be best to consider divorce -- for your as well as the children's sake.  A dysfunctional family is not good for them.  Have the court decide custody and visitation, after a full report to the judge from professionals.

All the best to you.

I thought the same thing, that English wasn't his native language. So he shouldn't go to his Stake President? I thought the least it could do is give him a second opinion.