Responsibility for Gospel Principles class

Duncan

4 hours ago, Duncan said:

So, let's say the Gospel Principles class teacher can't make it, who do they call? The Ward Mission leader or Sunday School President? 

The Sunday School President is in charge but most Presidencies allow the Ward Mission Leader and missionaries to make decisions regarding the class to forward the local missionary work. In my experience usually the Ward Mission Leader or Gospel Principles Teacher ask someone to teach (usually the missionaries or a Ward Missionary or the Ward Mission Leader himself) if they cannot attend. The Sunday School President is not usually informed of substitutions.

Neither...let them have a nice discussion on their own...ask questions to each other...visit...bear testimonies if they want.  Let them have a week off.:P

Edited to add:.  Discuss the Essays!

Edited by Jeanne

Having just had my husband and I released as WML and ward missionary I would call the WML because we've found there are some situations where some people should not teach a specific lesson. 

We didn't have a called teacher. My husband or the missionaries taught or he asked one of the ward missionaries to take a turn. There were a couple of lessons that needed to be flexible depending on whether this or that investigator was there or not. One time we even felt a whole different lesson needed to be taught. If this was the case then he planned for the missionaries to teach if the person was there and me to teach if the person wasn't or vice versa.

Edited by Rain
9 hours ago, Jeanne said:

Neither...let them have a nice discussion on their own...ask questions to each other...visit...bear testimonies if they want.  Let them have a week off.:P

Edited to add:.  Discuss the Essays!

Doctrine & Covenants 6:9

"Say nothing but repentance unto this generation; keep my commandments, and assist to bring forth my work, according to my commandments, and you shall be blessed."