Seriously No Politics ×

Church gives $3 million to WFP

What percentage of the Church's income would be the correct one to give to the poor? How about 30% ? I'm sure the church could do that if it cut the money set aside for washrooms in all its buildings. And we really don't need to partake of the sacrament every week, twice a year should be plenty. Yes , I am being ridiculous, but my point, other than the one on the top of my head, is for some there will never be enough. Christ Himself said " the poor are always with us " . Ever wonder why?

Bill Gates and a few of his buddies have pledged to give away half of their income. Sounds great doesn't it. But they are not just throwing money out of an airplane as they fly over the poor. They are using it to build up economies so that the people are able to raise themselves toward middle incomes. Oh, and where did all this money come from so that the guys with 60 billion could give away 30 billion? They invested wisely and used money to make money. How unchristian of them.

Just now, ksfisher said:

I'm not sure what kind of message you're trying to put across here.  It doesn't come across as being in very good taste.

Just that donating in general is not always worthy. It matters what is donated to.

And I am not a big worrier about good taste.

7 hours ago, Jeanne said:

All it means that instead of a mall..millions of kids get to have a school or something.

You mean like the BYUs, the Perpetual Education Fund and now Pathway (which iirc takes BYUI worldwide at a very low cost of around $60 per credit, university of Penn lists their per credit at around $300)?

8 hours ago, Calm said:

You mean like the BYUs, the Perpetual Education Fund and now Pathway (which iirc takes BYUI worldwide at a very low cost of around $60 per credit, university of Penn lists their per credit at around $300)?

Wonderful...thanks for the info.