Isis And Gadianton Robbers

Rivers

I'm watching the news right now and they are talking about this ISIS group and all the menace they are causing in the world.  Does this remind anybody else of the Gadianton robbers in the Book of Mormon?

Yes but so does about 2/3 of the worlds politicians and the military industrial complex for starters.

Not really. The Gadiantons subverted the government from within. They changed the laws to suit themselves. ISIS wants to overthrow the government from without by armed force and intimidation. The closest parallel would be the American South in the US Civil War. 

Edited by thesometimesaint

Not really. The Gadiantons subverted the government from within. They changed the laws to suit themselves. ISIS wants to overthrow the government from without by armed force and intimidation. The closest parallel would be the American South in the US Civil War.

Not all the time. 3 Nephi for example was different

To me, examples of modern Gadiantons are Harry Reid, John Huntsman and, to a lesser extent, Orrin Hatch

You need to go actually read the guidelines you agreed to abide by when you signed up for the board...otherwise I don't think you will be lasting very long here.