Seriously No Politics ×

Relative Finder

Nofear

I'm related to Elder Robert D. Hales.

I must be from the "bad" side of his family. :ph34r:

:o:blink:

This can't be for real.

How on earth can I be related to all these people?  There's over 250 of them, and they include people like Mitt Romney, Thomas Jefferson, Orin Hatch, and Gordon B. Hinckley!

Yes, and I can walk into Elder Dallin Oaks' office and say to him: "Howdy, Cuz!"  (11th cousin).

This can't be for real.

How on earth can I be related to all these people?  There's over 250 of them, and they include people like Mitt Romney, Thomas Jefferson, Orin Hatch, and Gordon B. Hinckley!

Yes, and I can walk into Elder Dallin Oaks' office and say to him: "Howdy, Cuz!"  (11th cousin).

The same reason you have bad teeth.  English inbreeding.

You're welcome.

I'm a convert - yet:

Emma Hale is my 4th cousin 6 times removed

Joseph Smith is my 5th cousin 5 times removed

Now I will break into my rendition of "I'm my own Grandpa"

This is kind of fun...  I found men in my priesthood lineage that are my cousins (several times removed of course).

Edited by KevinG

My favorite General Authority (because I know him personally -- we served in the same mission at the same time and were servicemen's branch presidents in the same stake at the same time) is Bruce D. Porter.

And it turns out we are 12th cousins 1 time removed.

Amazing stuff.  I opened up the actual chart for this one and our common ancestors were born back in the 1500's.  500 years ago.

I was at my wits end for many of my ancestral lines, but with this tool I now have completely new information for some of them.  Wow!

I'm related to Elder Robert D. Hales.

I must be from the "bad" side of his family. :ph34r:

:o:blink:

I just did another swing through the data, and I am also a cousin to Robert D. Hales!  Our common ancestor is:

Robert Vowell Hooker (1505 - 1537)

This gentleman is my 13th GG Father, and he is Elder Hales' 12th GGFather.  Hooker is also a direct ancestor of Boyd K. Packer, and John "Duke" Wayne.

So, you and I may be cousins, too, depending upon how we're related to Elder Hales, et al.

I knew Elder Ballard was my grandma's second cousin. I was surprised at how close Elder Holland is.

According to Quinn shouldn't I be showered with callings and money from the Church? Many of the connections he makes a big deal of in his book are much more remote then mine. Where is my silver spoon????

I knew I was related all over to the Mayflower but not sure how proud I should be to be related to a bunch of Puritan zealots. I appreciate that God led them here but I am not sure they did that much better then the other chosen people to get shipped over. They certainly didn't treat the Lamanites much better then the Nephites did.

This can't be for real.

Which means we are related too. :)

I think I could probably find a relationship with any American member of the Church who has a family member that has been in the States for at least a couple of generations.