Can Men Go To Relief Society?

poptart

Yes. Both Relief Society and Priesthood Meetings use the exact same book. Though the teachers in each group do gear the application to their respective groups.

yes!!!  The relief society looks way more fun!  Cooking and what not.  Does the priesthood do anything cool?

Can men go to the relief society?  I hear they learn how to cook all kinds of yummy things.

If it is a proper Relief Society meeting, no and it would be improper for a man you want to intrude in this way. If invited to address the Sisters so be it...otherwise a world of no.

Depends on what you think is cool. Loving and helping my fellow man using the Priesthood is cool to me, and I like to cook too. But I like eating it even more. :)

I can cook too! Toast. :)

Can men go to the relief society?  I hear they learn how to cook all kinds of yummy things.

That does not happen in the Sunday meetings of Relief Society. You MIGHT get some sort of cooking or food-related activity from time to time at RS activity held at another time. Relief Society isn't Home EC.

Can men go to the relief society? I hear they learn how to cook all kinds of yummy things.

Cooking lessons and recreational activities are not taught or discussed in Sunday Relief Society unless it's just announcements about an upcoming event happening in the evenings or Saturdays. Relief Society on Sunday consists of religious instruction.

Camoriah has provided a link above showing what is studied in Relief Society.

Edited by Silhouette

As an investigator they probably wouldn't mind you going to either Sunday RS or the nonSunday classes, just be sure to ask ahead of time so the teachers have warning and aren't uncomfortable. It isn't something you should make a habit of though. If you go, you will likely be introduced as a visitor, maybe as an investigator (someone who is studying the Church/Gospel with the intent of making a decision to be baptized a member or not. Ask ahead of time if they would prefer you just to watch or if they want you to participate (help answer questions, read quotes)

You might want to read the lessons ahead of time....this may make it repetitive for you depending of the teacher, but you might also understand more of what is going on.

You might enjoy visiting the Sharing Time for Primary, but I wouldn't ask to visit classes just for fun as it might be disruptive given how anything and anyone new gets kids' attention more than the teacher. I wouldn't ask to visit Young Women as some young ladies may feel uncomfortable with a male stranger there, Young Men otoh probably wouldn't be a problem. In all cases ask before and people might feel most comfortable if you got the missionaries to come along so they would be able to answer questions, make sure you weren't confuse etc and the teachers coud just do their usual thing.

Edited by calmoriah

Why would a man want to attend Relief Society?  The manual is the same as used in Priesthood the same hour...

Although, I have to say, I've heard that the lessons as presented by the sisters are far more interesting and creative than those of the brothers...  sort of like the way we have a tablecloth, lamp, flowers, and lesson-related pictures/books displayed on the table next to the podium... sets a different tone.

When the stake pres visits our ward, he likes to sit in on RS which is fine...

Sometimes the spirit is so strong when sisters share lesson related thoughts or experiences, it just brings tears...

We save the cooking and other activities for special meetings outside of Sunday RS... although sometimes we pass around a basket with a "goodie" at the end of a lesson, like a piece of chocolate with a scripture attached to it, etc. 

GG

I wouldn't say that coming RS will teach you how to cook goodies ... but coming to the activities they put on the other days of the week would probably do it (or at least let you taste some). 

I'm sure they wouldn't kick you out if you brought some goodies of your own. ;)

I once taught a lesson in Relief Society for my wife, who was sick and didn't have time to find a substitute. It went very well, but the level of participation and engagement from the sisters made going back to Elders' Quorum the following week rather depressing.

I was invited to do so and was scared out of my mind...I am shy. So I did a sermon, and could escape as everyone wanted to thank me and I just wanted to leave with my wife. I do like any type of praise for doing what The Lord commands. :) Doing as I am asked is reward enough. Edited by Pa Pa

Back when my branch had two adult Deaf members, one man, one woman, if I was the only interpreter, sometimes they would both attend RS ... I don't remember her ever attending Priesthood meetings. Having interpreted/attended both, I think it really depends on the teacher as to how interesting or entertaining or spiritual a class is. That said, RS sisters tend to bring more treats and craftsy handouts than their priesthood counterparts.