What About Dinosaurs?

LOSTONE

I have my own opinion about this, but I wanted to hear from others. I never hear anyone in the Christian community talk about dinosaurs. According the physical evidences, The bones found over many years and locations, they do appear to have lived. According to the science, dinosaurs are dated pre-man. According to my Christian faith, something doesn’t fit here and I have my own opinion of what it is and why. Anyone else have an opinion to share?

Science tells us that dinosaurs died out 65 million years ago, except for the ones that evolved into chickens. There is the problem with the evidence of " dragons " in pretty well every civilized culture.There are references to the Behemoth and Leviathon  in the Bible. There are the Acambaro stones and the Peru Ica stones and the pictographs in Utah etc. as well as the footprints in the Paluxy river, but those are all hoaxes of course. Right?

Dinosaur fossils could have resulted in the stories. Modern man wouldnt have been the first to encounter them.

Theory...the earth is made up of older planets that God used to put together this one including leftover bones.

God created the bones to deceive good Christians.

I don't buy either of them, I think God took a long time to create/organize the earth to the point it was ready for his children, Covenant Mankind, and the scriptures record from that time period, referring to the earlier eons as days/periods (Hebrew translates the word as either I believe).

Doesn't really matter though in the sense of what we are to become, it is our relationship with God now that does.

I have my own opinion about this, but I wanted to hear from others. I never hear anyone in the Christian community talk about dinosaurs. According the physical evidences, The bones found over many years and locations, they do appear to have lived. According to the science, dinosaurs are dated pre-man. According to my Christian faith, something doesn’t fit here and I have my own opinion of what it is and why. Anyone else have an opinion to share?

Why would your Christian faith be against dinosaurs pre-dating man?  The way the earth was formed, their bones can't possibly have come from another world as the earth was molten early in it's history and there was chemical differentiation as well.

@ BCSpace, I never said a word about my Christian faith being against dinosaurs pre-dating man. I actually made it clear that I was not sharinging my opinions about this, just sharing the topic in a question form to see what other people's opinions are.

@ Strappinglad, What?! Some of the things you wrote seem to be very strange. "There is the problem with the evidence of " dragons " in pretty well every civilized culture." <Where did this 'dragon' thought come into play and I do not agree that every civilized culture has evividence there of. And I have never heard a single word anywhere in my entire life and travles about dinosours and chickens. That is just really out there. No offense, but have you been drinking or taking strong medication?

Science tells us that dinosaurs died out 65 million years ago, except for the ones that evolved into chickens. There is the problem with the evidence of " dragons " in pretty well every civilized culture.There are references to the Behemoth and Leviathon  in the Bible. There are the Acambaro stones and the Peru Ica stones and the pictographs in Utah etc. as well as the footprints in the Paluxy river, but those are all hoaxes of course. Right?

Bring on the Cockatrice.

@ BCSpace, I never said a word about my Christian faith being against dinosaurs pre-dating man. I actually made it clear that I was not sharinging my opinions about this, just sharing the topic in a question form to see what other people's opinions are.

@ Strappinglad, What?! Some of the things you wrote seem to be very strange. "There is the problem with the evidence of " dragons " in pretty well every civilized culture." <Where did this 'dragon' thought come into play and I do not agree that every civilized culture has evividence there of. And I have never heard a single word anywhere in my entire life and travles about dinosours and chickens. That is just really out there. No offense, but have you been drinking or taking strong medication?

Just google each topic and you will discover that I am not making this up, especially the dino/chicken part. The dino to bird stuff is almost mainstream science now, believe it or not.

By evidence of dragons I refer to the stories about them not any physical evidence.

Edited by strappinglad

We just don't know it all. I was recently told that the dinosaurs did not go extinct. According to an article I saw recently, a Chicken is a T-Rex. :)

I am still trying to figure out when Dragons existed. I am all about Dragons.

God formed the heavens and earth in six days or periods of time; we don't know how long those periods of time were (millions of years?) so it is quite possible that dinosaurs could predate man and the animals we know today by millions of years.  All we know for sure is the it has been about 6000 years since Adam and Eve left the Garden of Eden.

The thing I can't figure out is why were there dinosaurs on this earth? The animals we have now are for our use but the dinosaurs would have served no useful purpose for man if man did not exist yet.

The Bible is not a history of the earth, but of some things beyond a certain point.

@ Pa Pa,

The book of Genesis is the history of the Earth at the begining. Not every thing is documented in this history, but the Bible is of our history and future never the less.

---

The knowledge and answer to the dinosaurs subject is in Genesis.

@ Pa Pa,

The book of Genesis is the history of the Earth at the begining. Not every thing is documented in this history, but the Bible is of our history and future never the less.

---

The Book of Genesis is not a history book, as we understand it. It never intended to be such. it is a collection of morality stories told for thousands of years sitting around ancient camp fires, of events that preceded the tellers by millions if not billions of years.

@ Pa Pa,

---

Not a history?  An outline and a brief one at that.

The Book of Genesis is not a history book, as we understand it. It never intended to be such. it is a collection of morality stories told for thousands of years sitting around ancient camp fires, of events that preceded the tellers by millions if not billions of years.

Beg to differ.  It is first and foremost a record of some of God's interaction with his mortal children.  Campfire stories are a bit dismissive.

Beg to differ.  It is first and foremost a record of some of God's interaction with his mortal children.  Campfire stories are a bit dismissive.

I'm fine with disagreements.

The Bible isn't the first record of God(s) record with he/she/its mortal children. Foremost is matter of faith. I doubt you get many Hindus to agree with its placement as foremost. I for one am glad we LDS have more Scripture to go on than just the inerrant Bible.

I value the Bible, but see no reason to import some of its more questionable claims. If we believe Moses wrote the first 5 books of the Bible where did he get those stories. Moses himself claims no revelation from God as to the stories origin.

The thing I can't figure out is why were there dinosaurs on this earth? The animals we have now are for our use but the dinosaurs would have served no useful purpose for man if man did not exist yet.

I'd say that they serve a very useful purpose for us today...   :D 

7620.jpg

God formed the heavens and earth in six days or periods of time; we don't know how long those periods of time were (millions of years?) so it is quite possible that dinosaurs could predate man and the animals we know today by millions of years.  All we know for sure is the it has been about 6000 years since Adam and Eve left the Garden of Eden.

There are dinosaurs around today. We jut call them by a different name Fried Chicken. ;)

@ Pa Pa,

---

If so it is a poor one, forgetting billions of years of evolution.

I'd say that they serve a very useful purpose for us today... :D7620.jpg

My Daughter-in-laws, parents live right outside the driveway of Dinosaur National Park, in Vernal. And of course a mile from the Gas Station you showed. :) Edited by Pa Pa

We just don't know it all. I was recently told that the dinosaurs did not go extinct. According to an article I saw recently, a Chicken is a T-Rex. :)

I am still trying to figure out when Dragons existed. I am all about Dragons.

I believe you're right. Apparently our modern birds descend from the Theropods, which include T-Rex. This bears out the theory that T-Rex steaks taste just like chicken!  I am sorry that none of the Jurassic Park movies managed to get that into a line of dialog.  Such a waste of precious screen-time.

And I, too, am a fan of dragons.

Edited by Stargazer

After reading the posts here, it is very clear that the devil is achieving his goal of believe in evolution versus creation. Many are saying that this animal or that one is the descendent of dinosaurs. If that is to be true, than that is evidence of evolution of life. Something the devil wants us to believe and apparently, some here do believe. You can not have evolution of life and creation of life both being fact. They cancel each other out. Only one can be fact. Dinosaurs and their bones are the devils work.