In Anticipation Of Mr. Rogers' Birthday, March 20

He got me through some bad postpartum, I would put him on and just feel comforted.

I disliked the puppets except Daniel Tiger but he was just so kind and loving I didn't care.

That kinda makes me want to cry ... (in a good way)! :):friends:

P.S.: Mr. Rogers' birthday should be the next national holiday. I'm calling my congressman! Who's with me?! ;)

Edited by Kenngo1969

I loved Mr. Rogers. I watched hours and hours of his show with my three kids, when they were little. I miss him. :(

I still don't buy it. Even if it was an obscure radio station, there would be more than just one former missionary who would have picked up on it...what about the LDS who actually live in the area? It would have been shocking to find someone like him who is the epitome of acceptance doing the anti-mormon thing and it would have been discussed and other LDS would have listened in to confirm it, etc.

And the FMcoug who made the claim does not appear to me to be all that typical of an LDS, but seems like someone who likes to shock.

Edited by calmoriah

I still don't buy it. Even if it was an obscure radio station, there would be more than just one former missionary who would have picked up on it...what about the LDS who actually live in the area? It would have been shocking to find someone like him who is the epitome of acceptance doing the anti-mormon thing and it would have been discussed and other LDS would have listened in to confirm it, etc.

And the FMcoug who made the claim does not appear to me to be all that typical of an LDS, but seems like someone who likes to shock.

I agree. It's not consistent with his character.

... And the FMcoug who made the claim does not appear to me to be all that typical of an LDS, but seems like someone who likes to shock.

An Anti-Mormon "Shock Jock"? Whodathunkit?! ;)

Would you like to be........................my neighbor!

This brings back memories. :D

Hate and prejudice are learned behaviors, thankfully I grew up in a home where this was not taught in word or deed. It was all around me in school in the South during the 60's and 70's. I remember when we moved North of the city (Atlanta). While on the way to registration in my new school, my mother turned around while in the car and said; "when you get to school you may have a Black teacher, you will treat he with the same respect as you treat me". My reply was simple; Of course.

Hate and prejudice are learned behaviors, thankfully I grew up in a home where this was not taught in word or deed. It was all around me in school in the South during the 60's and 70's. I remember when we moved North of the city (Atlanta). While on the way to registration in my new school, my mother turned around while in the car and said; "when you get to school you may have a Black teacher, you will treat he with the same respect as you treat me". My reply was simple; Of course.

Cool, especially given the geography you grew up in, unlike me in the north, north! Edited by Tacenda

I was fascinated to look at that old thread and learn about Mr. Rogers' Navy Seal turned Presbyterian minister background.

As for the question posed back then as to whether Presbyterians are pacifists ...

No, they are proponents of the 'Just War' position.

But I was born and raised Presbyterian, and I'm a pacifist! (No longer connected to the Presbyterian Church, but I think I'd be welcomed, even with my pacifist views!)

My first black teacher was in HS in Huntsville Alabama of the mid 1960's.

An Anti-Mormon "Shock Jock"? Whodathunkit?! ;)

I have no clue if he is anti-mormon or not...didn't read enough of his posts (probably about five), but he does seem to like to be extreme in his comments, push people's buttons.

I was fascinated to look at that old thread and learn about Mr. Rogers' Navy Seal turned Presbyterian minister background.

Just in case you missed it, the "Navy Seal" part is a hoax. He was never in the military.

http://www.snopes.co...tv/mrrogers.asp

There are for some reason people out there who think the truth is never quite good enough and have to add unnecessary flourishes.

Edited by calmoriah

Just in case you missed it, the "Navy Seal" part is a hoax. He was never in the military.

http://www.snopes.co...tv/mrrogers.asp

There are for some reason people out there who think the truth is never quite good enough and have to add unnecessary flourishes.

Duhhh!!! How gullible am I!

Thanks, Cal!

I don't know how I could be so credulous today!!!

If it sounds unbelievable then it probably is!

(I'll blame it on too much watching of The Wiggles and Blue's Clues with my 2 year old grandson today!) :crazy:

(I'll blame it on too much watching of The Wiggles and Blue's Clues with my 2 year old grandson today!) :crazy:

The Wiggles will turn off anybody's brain! Edited by calmoriah