How Many Of You Have An Ice Rink Outside Your Front Door (Freezing Rain)?

Tacenda

We had an ice rink last week. The past few days it's been the windchill that's trying to kill us off. Yesterday my kids had to wait for the bus and it was -22 out with the wind. They are excited today because the temp is 11 with a windchill of 1 degree-a heatwave!

Our schools are getting a 2 hr. late start. Bluebell that is sooo cold where you are. Rodheadlee this is our "eye of the storm". I hope you enjoy the nice weather.

It's miserable! But at least i'm inside most of the day and so are my loved ones. I feel really bad for the poor people that have to work out in it!

I heard a guy say that once it get's below 30 degrees, it all just feels the same level of cold. Uh, no. When it's been -30, 15 degrees with no wind honestly does feel very doable. :D

Tacenda:

Wednesday it was in the mid 70's here. Today's expected high to be in the high 50's to low 60's.

I was just reading where Salt Lake City is having terrible air pollution problems. Take care.

Thank you, yes the air is so bad that there are emergency alerts on the news saying susceptible people could die from the bad air, it's that bad.

I live in Utah County, Utah, and fortunately it's been warming up over the last few days. I haven't had to use the heater in my car today or yesterday. I know the temperature will inevitably plunge again pretty soon, but I'm enjoying this "heat wave" while it lasts.

I live in Utah County, Utah, and fortunately it's been warming up over the last few days. I haven't had to use the heater in my car today or yesterday. I know the temperature will inevitably plunge again pretty soon, but I'm enjoying this "heat wave" while it lasts.

The drip, drip, drip outside the windows is kind of depressing though. I haven't gone outside besides to the car and back in ages due to twisting an ankle in December and not wanting to do it again (it still hurts quite a bit going down stairs for some reason, okay elsewhere once it limbers up), but the thaw hasn't convinced me it is time to come out of my shell yet. Edited by calmoriah

The drip, drip, drip outside the windows is kind of depressing though. I haven't gone outside besides to the car and back in ages due to twisting an ankle in December and not wanting to do it again (it still hurts quite a bit going down stairs for some reason, okay elsewhere once it limbers up), but the thaw hasn't convinced me it is time to come out of my shell yet.

Sorry to hear about your ankle, this is the worst weather for an injured ankle. We are in the ice age for sure right now. I like the FB post I saw the other day that showed someone saying they'd never complain again about the summer heat!

No ice rink... yet.

We had fresh snowfall yesterday, and it hasn't had the time to get really packed down and icy yet. Nor has the temperature gone above freezing yet, and then back down to freeze the melt. But I expect in the next day or so things will get pretty slick around here (again)!

*sigh*