JAHS Posted September 10, 2012 Posted September 10, 2012 (edited) This is a spin-off from the other post about christ visiting europe: In a vision given to Moses, the Lord said,"Worlds without number have I created; and I also created them for mine own purpose,there are many (worlds) that now stand, and innumerable are they unto man" (Moses 1:33, 35). Elder Marion G. Romney said:"Except for his mortal ministry accomplished on this earth, his service and relationship to other worlds and their inhabitants are the same as his service and relationship to this earth and its inhabitants" (Improvement Era, Nov. 1968, 46).So Jesus is the Savior for all the worlds He created; we just happen to be the lucky one that He came to, to obtain His body and bring about the atonement and resurrection.The most probable reason why Jesus came to this planet is because it was the most wicked of all of His creations, and would therefore most likely be the one that would put Him to death. God said to Moses:"Wherefore, I can stretch forth mine hands and hold all the creations which I have made; and mine eye can pierce them also, and among all the workmanship of mine hands there has not been so great wickedness as among thy brethren. (Moses 7:36).Jesus said:"And verily, verily, I say unto you that I have other sheep, which are not of this land, neither of the land of Jerusalem, neither in any parts of that land round about whither I have been to minister.For they of whom I speak are they who have not as yet heard my voice; neither have I at any time manifested myself unto them.But I have received a acommandment of the Father that I shall go unto them, and that they shall bhear my voice, and shall be numbered among my sheep, that there may be one fold and one shepherd; therefore I go to show myself unto them. (3 Nephi 16: 1-3)Is it possibe that other sheep Jesus went to visit can include those on the other worlds he created? Edited September 10, 2012 by JAHS
KevinG Posted September 10, 2012 Posted September 10, 2012 (edited) And did those psudopods in ancient chronology.Go pock pock pock upon Zrgynods mountains chartruse:And was the holy platyporcince of God,On Zrgynods pleasant gas clouds noticed! Edited September 10, 2012 by KevinG
Sevenbak Posted September 12, 2012 Posted September 12, 2012 I think He did, but probably wasn't talking about it in your reference as Christ Himself defined that statement as being about the Nephites. This other reference from Moses is similar though.Moses 1:35 But only an account of this earth, and the inhabitants thereof, give I unto you. For behold, there are many worlds that have passed away by the word of my power. And there are many that now stand, and innumerable are they unto man; but all things are numbered unto me, for they are mine and I know them.On the other hand, maybe that's where the fiery flying serpents, Cockatrice, Griffin and Satyr mentioned in the bible came from... ;-)
The Nehor Posted September 12, 2012 Posted September 12, 2012 And did those psudopods in ancient chronology.Go pock pock pock upon Zrgynods mountains chartruse:And was the holy platyporcince of God,On Zrgynods pleasant gas clouds noticed!Ahhhh....I didn't think it was possible but you improved on my Mission's theme song.
brightpath Posted September 12, 2012 Posted September 12, 2012 This scripture is in reference to the 10 tribes. Christ visited them after he saw the Nephites. Christ did not appear in Europe. He was in Jerusalem, America, and then went to the 10 tribes.
JAHS Posted September 12, 2012 Author Posted September 12, 2012 I think He did, but probably wasn't talking about it in your reference as Christ Himself defined that statement as being about the Nephites. This other reference from Moses is similar though.Moses 1:35 But only an account of this earth, and the inhabitants thereof, give I unto you. For behold, there are many worlds that have passed away by the word of my power. And there are many that now stand, and innumerable are they unto man; but all things are numbered unto me, for they are mine and I know them.On the other hand, maybe that's where the fiery flying serpents, Cockatrice, Griffin and Satyr mentioned in the bible came from... ;-)If there really are other worlds that he created out there and he "knows" them He would almost be obligated in some way to visit them all and somehow establish His church on these other worlds to proclaim his salvation plan. 2
Ahab Posted September 12, 2012 Posted September 12, 2012 (edited) This is a spin-off from the other post about christ visiting europe: In a vision given to Moses, the Lord said,"Worlds without number have I created; and I also created them for mine own purpose,there are many (worlds) that now stand, and innumerable are they unto man" (Moses 1:33, 35). Elder Marion G. Romney said:"Except for his mortal ministry accomplished on this earth, his service and relationship to other worlds and their inhabitants are the same as his service and relationship to this earth and its inhabitants" (Improvement Era, Nov. 1968, 46).So Jesus is the Savior for all the worlds He created; we just happen to be the lucky one that He came to, to obtain His body and bring about the atonement and resurrection.The most probable reason why Jesus came to this planet is because it was the most wicked of all of His creations, and would therefore most likely be the one that would put Him to death. God said to Moses:"Wherefore, I can stretch forth mine hands and hold all the creations which I have made; and mine eye can pierce them also, and among all the workmanship of mine hands there has not been so great wickedness as among thy brethren. (Moses 7:36).Jesus said:"And verily, verily, I say unto you that I have other sheep, which are not of this land, neither of the land of Jerusalem, neither in any parts of that land round about whither I have been to minister.For they of whom I speak are they who have not as yet heard my voice; neither have I at any time manifested myself unto them.But I have received a acommandment of the Father that I shall go unto them, and that they shall bhear my voice, and shall be numbered among my sheep, that there may be one fold and one shepherd; therefore I go to show myself unto them. (3 Nephi 16: 1-3)Is it possibe that other sheep Jesus went to visit can include those on the other worlds he created?I think you should ponder the statement from Elder Marion G. Romney, some more.Except for his mortal ministry accomplished on this Earth, in what other way does he extend service to the inhabitants of this world? And what is his relationship to us which might also be the same as his relatiojnship to another world? WHAT is he doing for us, that he might also be doing for another world?Is it possibe that other sheep Jesus went to visit can include those on the other worlds he created?Who might those other sheep be? What might be his relationship to them? Could they be people who once lived on this Earth and who have now gone on live on some other world? Or could they be some of the other children our Father had before he started sending some of his children here to this Earth, possibly even some who had gone on to their glory while having children of their own, who were also children (or grandchildren) of our Father in heaven? Consider the number of people who have ever lived on this Earth, and who now live here, and have yet to come here but will before our Lord comes back to clean up this Earth. Isn't it at least possible that some of us are more like grandchildren (or great grandchildren, or great... great grandchildren) of our Father in heaven, who would still technically be children of our Father in heaven?I think that's possible. How about you? Edited September 12, 2012 by Ahab
Bill “Papa” Lee Posted September 12, 2012 Posted September 12, 2012 I know one who could really need him right now.
hagoth7 Posted September 14, 2012 Posted September 14, 2012 (edited) This scripture is in reference to the 10 tribes. Christ visited them after he saw the Nephites. Christ did not appear in Europe. He was in Jerusalem, America, and then went to the 10 tribes.But Ephraim was in Europe. Both Joseph and Brigham said so. Hence the thread on Europe. Edited September 14, 2012 by hagoth7
brightpath Posted September 14, 2012 Posted September 14, 2012 Joseph was and still is in America (Lamanites). Judah is in Israel and the lost 10 tribes are waiting to come from the north. Where is the record of Christ's visit to Europe? Joseph has the book of Mormon, Judah has the bible. Where is the reference from JS and Brigham about ephraim in Europe?
urroner Posted September 14, 2012 Posted September 14, 2012 If Christ is the savior of other worlds, did the other worlds have to wait for his resurrection in order for them to be resurrected?This other reference from Moses is similar though.Moses 1:35 But only an account of this earth, and the inhabitants thereof, give I unto you. For behold, there are many worlds that have passed away by the word of my power. And there are many that now stand, and innumerable are they unto man; but all things are numbered unto me, for they are mine and I know them.Did Christ say that to Moses or did the Father say that to Moses?In verse 3, while Lord in the scriptures usually refer to Jehovah or Christ, God Almighty, AFAIK, is only used in reference to God the Father. Also, in verse 6, the speaker starts referring to his Son, the Only Begotten.
hagoth7 Posted September 14, 2012 Posted September 14, 2012 Joseph was and still is in America (Lamanites). Judah is in Israel and the lost 10 tribes are waiting to come from the north. Where is the record of Christ's visit to Europe? Joseph has the book of Mormon, Judah has the bible. Where is the reference from JS and Brigham about ephraim in Europe?Answered in this thread.
Ahab Posted September 14, 2012 Posted September 14, 2012 If Christ is the savior of other worlds, did the other worlds have to wait for his resurrection in order for them to be resurrected?Unless maybe they were already resurrected, and his resurrection was for those who hadn't be resurrected yet, he being the first among those. Like our Father, for example, who is also his Father. Our Father didn't have to wait until Jesus was resurrected.Did Christ say that to Moses or did the Father say that to Moses?Both of them said it, with our Father speaking to us through Jesus.In verse 3, while Lord in the scriptures usually refer to Jehovah or Christ, God Almighty, AFAIK, is only used in reference to God the Father. Also, in verse 6, the speaker starts referring to his Son, the Only Begotten.They're in perfect unity with each other, though, so what applies to one usually, if not always, applies to another.
MormonMason Posted September 15, 2012 Posted September 15, 2012 There is also a tradition in the Apocrypha to the effect that the tribes who were taken captive into Assyria decided to leave the known area and migrate along Euphrates, and further north into a land called Arsareth. (See 2 Esdras [4 Ezra] 13:37-47). Arsareth was understood by some to be central Europe.And, what of James' greeting in his epistle in the Bible? Note that it was addressed to these missing tribes as well. (See 1:1).Not all of the members of the lost tribes were lost. But, I recall the teachings of Joseph Smith and Brigham Young about Ephraim in Europe. I do not recall the sources in detail but remember reading them.
brightpath Posted September 19, 2012 Posted September 19, 2012 The other sheep refers to the lost 10 tribes. Only God knows where they are. He visited them after he saw the Nephites.
ERayR Posted September 19, 2012 Posted September 19, 2012 (edited) I know one who could really need him right now.Pa Pa I do not know if you know of this poem but it has helped me several times.http://www.footprints-inthe-sand.com/index.php?page=Poem/Poem.php Edited September 19, 2012 by ERayR
Recommended Posts