Romney Now Saying The Reason They Don'T Release The Tax Info Is Because Of Tithing

Tacenda

I was shocked to read this after something came out about the tithing issue a day or so ago. And I thought yea, that would make sense if they may not have paid a full 10% on their income and the tax return would show that.

And then today I just read this news report where Romney came out and said something! He said it was between him and the Lord. But that isn't quite what I was thinking as far as not paying a full tithe.

http://fox13now.com/...se-tax-returns/

I was shocked to read this after something came out about the tithing issue a day or so ago. And I thought yea, that would make sense if they may not have paid a full 10% on their income and the tax return would show that.

And then today I just read this news report where Romney came out and said so! He said it was between him and the Lord. But that isn't quite what I was thinking as far as not paying a full tithe.

http://fox13now.com/...se-tax-returns/

Romney does not say, in that article, that he did not pay a full tithing. But it is between himself, the bishop, and God. Of course, you are free to believe whatever suits your fancy.

Glenn

I believe Mitt's finances to be so complicated that nit-picking about whether he pays a full tithing is not fair. Nor is it any of our business to judge. I don't believe from his statements he's implying that he has not paid a full tithe, only that the amount he tithes is confidential. That is correct, it is, except he did claim in as a deduction on his taxes and decided to run for president so that pretty much makes everything in your life not very private anymore.

Romney does not say, in that article, that he did not pay a full tithing. But it is between himself, the bishop, and God. Of course, you are free to believe whatever suits your fancy.

Glenn

He also said it was ONE of the reasons not to release his returns. The article stated his 2010 return showed he paid 10% tithe and additional funds from his charitable foundation. He is releasing his 2011 return any day now and people like Tacenda can pour over them all they want... and cluck their tongues and find fault... and make assumptions that of course the reason he doesn't release more returns must be because he's not paying a full tithe... :blink::wacko:

GG

Glenn

I didn't say that. I only said I assumed that it could be a possiblity. And then when this appeared on the news, then saw that he stated it was between him and Lord and said something to that effect at the end of my post. In fact I don't blame Romney for taking that stance.

He also said it was ONE of the reasons not to release his returns. The article stated his 2010 return showed he paid 10% tithe and additional funds from his charitable foundation. He is releasing his 2011 return any day now and people like Tacenda can pour over them all they want... and cluck their tongues and find fault... and make assumptions that of course the reason he doesn't release more returns must be because he's not paying a full tithe... :blink::wacko:

GG

GG, I think you misunderstood my observations on this matter. It merely crossed my mind and then to see his statement it made me feel compassion. Who among us would want our income splattered out in public?

GG, I think you misunderstood my observations on this matter. It merely crossed my mind and then to see his statement it made me feel compassion. Who among us would want our income splattered out in public?

Sure it did....

GG

Archived