Not Listening To The Holy Spirit Can Get Expensive

So yeah, There I was, hand hovering over the Buy link for 2 airplane tickets to Mom's at a good price. and something was telling me to buy them. Well I didn't, I procrastinated with a bunch of earthly whiner type thoughts. So I finally decided to bite the bullet and buy the tickets this morning and they went up 100.00 each. I knew I should have purchased them last night. I know the Voice of the Holy Spirit.

Although all such lessons certainly aren't equally as expensive, a lot of us have been there, that's for sure. Hearing (and more importantly, hearkening to) the Spirit takes practice. Sorry about the hit to your bottom line. :(.

The prompting "you ought to get that noise under the hood of your car checked sooner than later" is another one not to ignore.

On the bright side my son had to delay getting his airplane ticket home for leave because he didn't have enough cash. In the time it took for his sister to deposit some babysitting money in his account someone found a discount ticket at 1/3 the price.

Market segmentation giveth and market segmentation giveth away.

The prompting "you ought to get that noise under the hood of your car checked sooner than later" is another one not to ignore.

On the bright side my son had to delay getting his airplane ticket home for leave because he didn't have enough cash. In the time it took for his sister to deposit some babysitting money in his account someone found a discount ticket at 1/3 the price.

Market segmentation giveth and market segmentation giveth away.

Yeah, those under the hood noises can be expensive, especially put off until later.

I have noticed,rodheadlee, that when searching for a flight on line, if I come upon a good price but wait a day ,then the price goes up. My theory is that the online sites track your searches and increase prices because they know you are looking. I have now taken to doing my search from a different computer than the one I buy with. I know it is conspiritoreal ,but I'm just saying...

Although I've heard that, all other things being equal, people who ignore the promptings of the Holy Spirit to pay tithing are 10% wealthier than those who don't.

And eternally poorer.

I have noticed,rodheadlee, that when searching for a flight on line, if I come upon a good price but wait a day ,then the price goes up. My theory is that the online sites track your searches and increase prices because they know you are looking. I have now taken to doing my search from a different computer than the one I buy with. I know it is conspiritoreal ,but I'm just saying...

Good point,I wish I would have thought of that.

Although I've heard that, all other things being equal, people who ignore the promptings of the Holy Spirit to pay tithing are 10% wealthier than those who don't.

That is not necessaryily true. How do you know how many times the Lord has secretly helped you dodge breakdowns of all types?. One lightening strike would cause much grief and expense at my home.