From Inside The Mind Of A Missionary; You Never Know?

Below in quotes is an e-mail I received yesterday for Elder Lee, my son. It was funny so I wanted to share. I have removed this city name so any of my stalkers from “you know where” don’t target him.

hey,

well this week has been a good one I guess, I at least I survived it :) so here is the story of the week, so the other day we went and did some service for a less active family and we built a fence for their horses, and while we were standing there I had a small burp and it made the horse all sorts of mad! then to continue on with that day, we went to a lesson later on that day and the cat they had attacked my hand and ripped it pretty good! Now to continue on with that day STILL, we went to talk to the only investigator we have here in XXXX XXXX and one of their goats were out and it was a really friendly goat. Lets say to friendly because it started rubbing its head on my leg and then it rubbed its head in my butt, you wanna talk about Awkward well that tops it right there!!!!! man XXXX XXXX is getting me! I mean to get from our lowest area to our highest area that we cover it takes about an hour and a half. we have a huge area and we can only use 1900 miles a month! so we will see if I last here in HICKVILLE! other than that the week was okay! But here is the awesome news!!!! I get to go to the Temple tomorrow!!!! :) I am so excited and it will be the first time on my mission! so I will definitely report on that next week and I will take pictures and send them home :) well I love you and miss you!!

So there it is goats one day and then the Temple.

Edited by Bill “Papa” Lee

Hello Pa Pa...

I love to hear how Elder Lee is doing... I continue to remember him in my prayers, all the missionaries actually wherever they may be serving, but particularly Elder Lee and also my ward's missionary by name. Part of my prayer is that the missionaries will not become discouraged if people choose not to hear their message (I was just reading this morning about Alma and how he and his message was rejected by the people because of their hardened hearts, and how he left their city but the Lord commanded that he go back and try again).

Hope this finds you well... and Mrs. Lee also...

GG

Share this one with him:

There were two Elders who went to an Elderly farmer and asked if they could do some service for him. He was excited that they offered and took them out back behind his barn where there was a huge pile of trash that he was too weak to dispose of.

The Elders dug in with abandon, happy to be of service. They started throwing the debris into a large pit to dispose of it. One of the Elders noticed that there was no sound when the debris was thrown in. They started to listen but nothing they threw in made a sound as it fell into the seemingly bottomless pit.

One Elder spied a large engine block and suggested if it didn't make a sound then nothing would. They wrestled the engine block over to the lip of the pit and pushed it in.

Suddenly a goat came flying out of a nearby bush and sailed into the pit.

Just then the farmer came by and asked the Elders "Have you two seen my goat around here?" The Elders reported the strange sight of the goat flying through the air in down into the bottomless pit.

The farmer said "its not likely my goat could have flown like that. I had him chained to an old engine block."

Connecting to high and low.One of my areas was essentially a hill.It never failed that one lesson would be on one side of the hill and the next on would be on the other. Glad Elder Lee is having fun and working hard. Tell him to watch out for turkeys,they attack also.

Share this one with him:

There were two Elders who went to an Elderly farmer and asked if they could do some service for him. He was excited that they offered and took them out back behind his barn where there was a huge pile of trash that he was too weak to dispose of.

The Elders dug in with abandon, happy to be of service. They started throwing the debris into a large pit to dispose of it. One of the Elders noticed that there was no sound when the debris was thrown in. They started to listen but nothing they threw in made a sound as it fell into the seemingly bottomless pit.

One Elder spied a large engine block and suggested if it didn't make a sound then nothing would. They wrestled the engine block over to the lip of the pit and pushed it in.

Suddenly a goat came flying out of a nearby bush and sailed into the pit.

Just then the farmer came by and asked the Elders "Have you two seen my goat around here?" The Elders reported the strange sight of the goat flying through the air in down into the bottomless pit.

The farmer said "its not likely my goat could have flown like that. I had him chained to an old engine block."

:rofl: