I Don'T Understand Dentists

Duncan

I know MANY people in the dental profession but I still don't understand why people go into dentistry. I have obviously asked many of them this question but none of them have given me a satisfactory answer. I understand lawyers, wanting some sense of fair play in the world, justice and mercy. I get teachers, teaching people knowledge and skills. I get doctors, wanting to relieve human suffering unless you're Maj. Frank Burns on TV's MASH. But Dentists? do they have some unmet need to see others with white teeth? I admit I don't have it

They make good money while working decent hours. They also can go into practice after dental school rather than have to complete a residency. Likewise, there are also many other professions requiring advanced training that may appear to be pretty mundane. Dental health also can play into and correlate highly with general health.

They make good money while working decent hours. They also can go into practice after dental school rather than have to complete a residency. Likewise, there are also many other professions requiring advanced training that may appear to be pretty mundane. Dental health also can play into and correlate highly with general health.

I guess, seems money driven or the easy way out for them, but dentistering is hardly an easy thing, especially with me as a client-I kick