Members Helping Me Move

I'm moving closer to my work down to Idaho Falls. Its quite a project! But, I will say its a wonderfull blessing to have members help me - both from the ward I was in to pack up, and the new ward I am going to.

post-17409-0-72923400-1305391794_thumb.j

Edited by Messenger

I'm moving closer to my work down to Idaho Falls. Its quite a project! But, I will say its a wonderfull blessing to have members help me - both from the ward I was in to pack up, and the new ward I am going to.

I must say that you are off to a great start and your moving crew will love you for packing up everything in neat tidy boxes! For the past like 4 moves it has been either poorly planned, not packed (which is the worst thing to inflict upon your helpers!), takes forever with loose items, cleaning and then with help from church members there isn't any insurance so any big items if they get busted then... my two friends once dropped a piano but what could be done about stuff like that? I think what ended up happening is they felt bad so they paid to get it fixed IIRC. Best of luck with everything!

I must say that you are off to a great start and your moving crew will love you for packing up everything in neat tidy boxes! For the past like 4 moves it has been either poorly planned, not packed (which is the worst thing to inflict upon your helpers!), takes forever with loose items, cleaning and then with help from church members there isn't any insurance so any big items if they get busted then... my two friends once dropped a piano but what could be done about stuff like that? I think what ended up happening is they felt bad so they paid to get it fixed IIRC. Best of luck with everything!

I've helped a lot of people move in my day, with various stages of preparation. Boxing up everything as much as possible in advance assures that everyone is happy, it also shows them that I thank them for helping out. Its a lot quicker too! They will have time to eat some pizza after they get done!

If I were to move to a different ward, I am sure that there would be a massive turnout of helpers from my current ward. I doubt that the members of my new ward would be quite so enthusiastic.

I've helped a lot of people move in my day, with various stages of preparation. Boxing up everything as much as possible in advance assures that everyone is happy, it also shows them that I thank them for helping out. Its a lot quicker too! They will have time to eat some pizza after they get done!

Pizza is the glue that holds all moves together, Pizza is Pivotal!

If I were to move to a different ward, I am sure that there would be a massive turnout of helpers from my current ward. I doubt that the members of my new ward would be quite so enthusiastic.

Normally that would be the case. And for a short time I was concerned even though I talked with the new bishop by phone a few weeks ago. However, last week I decided to visit my new ward, and drum up some help or at least determine how much help I was going to have. It turns out that I should have plenty. Actually, I was impressed with the announcement in Priesthood and the call by the new bishop and his first councilor to encourage people to give me a hand. But generally, I think there is always lots of help when you move out, simply because everyone knows who you are.

• 2 weeks later...

Im in the new place and both wards were awesome. In fact, my old ward made it into a ward service project day, there were three projects and my move was one of them. We got everything into the moving van in an hour! LOL . Crazy fast! Even had time to go to the ward after service project - pot luck! It ended up being quite a send off.

The new ward was there just after I pulled up to the new place. About an hour to move everything from the moving van into the new place. I'll have to send pictures when I get everything put away. Its much much larger than my old place. Also, the 2nd bedroom is the office - it has a hardwood floor - perfect for rolling my chair around.

Good Times!

We had a pretty detailed discussion a while back about church members and enlisting the help of ward members to move. I think we basically decided that it is a blessing, and a curse! :D

Overall they did great. My friend from work was down in the van helping everyone load it correctly. But he did make some mistakes, but they ended up being a non-issue. One of the guys from the new ward that was helping me unload didnt look very happy, and continually gave me a bad time. Perhaps he was having a bad day? LOL. But, considering that I had little or no damage to anything, and only lost 10 cork foos balls for my table (which I probably threw away myself) I was totally amazed, delighted, and thankful. In my opinion, the ward members are great for loading boxes and unloading them. Which is what I thank them for!!!

Im very happy.

You will love Idaho Fall's. The Temple is next to the river! Beautiful!

Your kitchen has the same design and tile my grandmother's did...not saying it was dated, just that I remembered it as being a very cheerful place with its bright colours and uncluttered look so :good:

Your kitchen has the same design and tile my grandmother's did...not saying it was dated, just that I remembered it as being a very cheerful place with its bright colours and uncluttered look so :good:

Oh its dated, I like it that way! Very retro in many aspects. New self cleaning stove though. It has a built in ironingboard that folds down in the kitchen - which is hilarious! As well as the pocket sliding door the closes off the kitchen! LOL.

Hello Messenger...

I really like your place... your office is great... kitchen is homey...

living room looks comfy... about a year ago I got a new flat screen HD TV and I absolutely love it. I don't hang it on the wall, but have it sitting on a regular stand that holds the DVD/VCR and satellite box behind glass doors.

Our "space" is what we make it... I always watch HGTV for decorating ideas, but I have a "style" that hasn't changed much through the years... and I mean years. My dining room table and hutch are both about 43 years old... Ethan Allen... Other pieces are 20+ years old, but have been reupholstered, etc. I have a big wing-back chair that is about 25 years old, but the frame and "stuffing" was so good I just re-covered it... When I moved up here to the beach, I changed my colors from earth tones to blue/white with yellow accents. Bright, cheery, and beachy...

Sorry, didn't mean to go off on home decor... my point was that your home should welcome you, and be a part of your expression of yourself... (Nate Berkus)

Anyway, thanks for sharing... looks good, and I'm glad your move was a positive experience.

All good wishes... from the beach...GG

Hello Messenger...

I really like your place... your office is great... kitchen is homey...

living room looks comfy... about a year ago I got a new flat screen HD TV and I absolutely love it. I don't hang it on the wall, but have it sitting on a regular stand that holds the DVD/VCR and satellite box behind glass doors.

Our "space" is what we make it... I always watch HGTV for decorating ideas, but I have a "style" that hasn't changed much through the years... and I mean years. My dining room table and hutch are both about 43 years old... Ethan Allen... Other pieces are 20+ years old, but have been reupholstered, etc. I have a big wing-back chair that is about 25 years old, but the frame and "stuffing" was so good I just re-covered it... When I moved up here to the beach, I changed my colors from earth tones to blue/white with yellow accents. Bright, cheery, and beachy...

Sorry, didn't mean to go off on home decor... my point was that your home should welcome you, and be a part of your expression of yourself... (Nate Berkus)

Anyway, thanks for sharing... looks good, and I'm glad your move was a positive experience.

All good wishes... from the beach...GG

Its all good! Yep, I've had that big TV for over 12 years. It will not die! The thing is, I dont even watch TV in the living room. I spend most of my time in the office. I will probably get a flat screen TV this christmas when they are cheap again. The purpose of the move was to save money for a new house. So, Im trying not to spend. If it were up to me, I'd put new outlets everywhere! Not having grounded outlets drives me a little crazy. But the good thing is that with the existing wireing, metal flexible sheath that is grounded, its easy to put in new grounded outlets - it just costs! But, if you think about it, that TV is retro too right? LOL. I did break down and buy a microwave yesterday. I thought I would try it just to see what it was like not to have one ... not good ...

more pics ....

247760_2077336459844_1437975575_2442661_3690523_n.jpg

248459_2077378020883_1437975575_2442684_2099107_n.jpg

248484_2077342499995_1437975575_2442662_2558565_n.jpg

Edited by Messenger