End of the world may 21 2011

Doctrine 612

Unless it is the appointed prophet of God saying such I wouldn't put any stock in it. Besides too many things need to be done yet.

If a prophet declared such things I would still be weary, remember Matthew 24:36 "But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only."

We are not suppose to know the hour that Christ will arrive, this is taught in throughout the scriptures.

If a prophet declared such things I would still be weary, remember Matthew 24:36 "But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only."

We are not suppose to know the hour that Christ will arrive, this is taught in throughout the scriptures.

here is some of what they say.

The End of the World

October 21, 2011

The Bible Reveals

WE CAN KNOW

May 21, 2011

is Judgment Day!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Upon hearing the information that May 21, 2011 is Judgment Day, many in the churches immediately refer to a Bible verse such as:

Matthew 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

here is some of what they say.

Yeah, and most of there arguments are intrinsically and scripturally flawed.

They argue that Christ must know because he is Almighty God, first off the verse clearly says Only the Father knows, it doesn't say Almighty God knows. With the nature of the Godhead, the Father, Son, or Holy Ghost can be called Almighty God. This explicitly says that only the Father knows so Christ does not know when he will return. Some more dogmatic trinitarians will say that this is a moot point because Christ is the Father but they are wrong and the Bible proves it.

They also go on to argue that historically God has always sent prophets to warn us of impending doom, they reference Sodom and Gomorrah, and use this as a claim that God would send a prophet to proclaim the date that the world will end!

God has never sent a prophet to tell anyone that the destruction will come on a certain date, he sends prophets to exhort the people to repent and prevent there destruction.

The three angels were not sent to Sodom and Gomorrah to warn them but to judge them, when the vile men of Sodom and Gomorrah attempted to rape these messengers (who were thankfully protected bu Lot) they sealed there fate with there wickedness. Never once was anyone in the city warned of there pending destruction. Neither shall we, we have prophets that warn us that the signs are all around us that are forerunners of the Second Coming of Christ and like the scriptures say he return will be unannounced and unexpected. Christ will return and destroy the wicked when he is least expected to return, just as God didn't forewarn the people of Sodom and Gomorrah (with the exception of Lot) we will have no warning that Christ is about to return.

He will simply come in all his terrible majesty and destroy the wicked, our warning is the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ, it tells us to be ready at all times for the return of Jesus Christ because we will not know the hour he shall return.

I thought the world is supposed to end next year.

Yeah others say it is Dec 21, 2012, the end of the Mayan Calendar cycle, but this is based in ignorance of the Mayan Calendar. Dec 21, 2012 is not the end of the Mayan Calender but the completion of one galactic cycle in the Mayan Calender.

God has never sent a prophet to tell anyone that the destruction will come on a certain date, he sends prophets to exhort the people to repent and prevent there destruction.

Actually, He sent Jonah to tell Ninevah that it would be destroyed in forty days (but because the people repented, the city was given a reprieve.)

Actually, He sent Jonah to tell Ninevah that it would be destroyed in forty days (but because the people repented, the city was given a reprieve.)

and Noah told his people for about 300 years to repent or they would be destroyed, I think that was long enough.lol

I've heard of this. My understanding is that May 21 is the "Rapture" and is the "beginning of the end times." I think it might be somewhat similar to a concept I've heard from some Mormons as "The Morning of the First Resurrection," indicating that this day isn't the very last day of existence of the earth. The last day is apparently going to be in October, and there will be this awkward five month period in between. I worry about the pets of the people taken up to heaven.

I actually made a YouTube video as an outreach to all the folks who are going to get "raptured" (I think it is mostly an Evangelical crowd that puts much stock in this, and I think they refer to this as the "Rapture").

So far I've received one firm commitment to take care of one person's bird between the time of the rapture and the end of the world, for which the person will pay me a 5-figure non-refundable fee in advance.

I'm expecting more business as the Rapture draws near.

Haven't heard about the 5/21/2011 date, but there's a book by David Cohen that indicates that 9/21/2011 will be the opening of the seventh seal. He claims that Betelgeuse, a red giant star in the Orion constellation, has already gone supernova and that the light of that explosion will reach us on that date.

So lock up yer daughters.

If the world ends it will be because we blew it up ourselves. No God necessary.

You suggest that man has the ability to blow up the world ourselves??? HAHAHAHA!

Go read up on the energy released by earthquakes, volcanoes, hurricanes, and asteroid strikes to the Earth's surface. Compare the energy released by those natural events with the total energy that could be released from a simultaneous explosion of all the man-made nuclear weapons currently in existence and then tell me that man could blow up this planet ourselves!

The total energy released by the Chicxulub asteroid that struck in the Yucatan region some 65 million years ago is estimated to be about 100,000,000 megatons of TNT. Yet, the Earth still remained intact at that impact event.

It is estimated that it would take 3.82 quintillion (3.82 x 10 to the 18th power)nuclear bombs at the highest energy yield we currently have to vaporize the Earth. We currently have a total of under 30,000 nuclear weapons in existence worldwide.

No, my friend, man cannot destroy the Earth himself! It would take a God to do it!

It never says in Jonah that God said Nineveh would be destroyed in 40 days, it does day that Jonah warned that Nineveh would be overthrown in 40 days if they didn't repent and this cause the people to repent and follow there God. One would have to acknowledge that God being all knowing already knew that Nineveh would repent when Johan came so even if the declared 40 days to repent was the direct words of God, it didn't matter since they were going to repent anyway.

Why do you limit prophesy to just one person?

Maybe that whole, beware of false teachers thing, that Christ and the Apostles warned us repeatedly about throughout the Gospel.

Revelation can only come from the proper authority, in the LDS Church we know that this authority to reveal the will of the Lord for the entire world can only come from the living Prophet. The living prophet is the President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, his name is Thomas S. Monson. As members of the LDS Church we believe that only President Monson, and President Monson alone can receive revelation for the world.

Why do you limit prophesy to just one person?

Because not just any person with or without Priesthood authority could speak for the world. Individuals may receive warnings but they wouldn't have the right to speak for the world. What revelation they would receive would be for them and those under their stewardship. I believe that a Stake President for example might receive a warning of disaster for those in his stake, but he wouldn't be able to speak for the church as a whole.

Furthermore, I don't believe the prophet of God would give the exact day for the world ending. He would give warnings, which our prophets have been doing since I've been in the church. Most warnings given in the Bible were that a people had so many years or days to repent but never a specific time or date for the destruction. We've also been given signs to look for and some of these things still have to happen.

Go read up on the energy released by earthquakes, volcanoes, hurricanes, and asteroid strikes to the Earth's surface. Compare the energy released by those natural events with the total energy that could be released from a simultaneous explosion of all the man-made nuclear weapons currently in existence and then tell me that man could blow up this planet ourselves!

The total energy released by the Chicxulub asteroid that struck in the Yucatan region some 65 million years ago is estimated to be about 100,000,000 megatons of TNT. Yet, the Earth still remained intact at that impact event.

Yeah, and the biggest volcanic eruption is 0.1 times the size of it... and it is still humongous compared to nuclear explosions.

Because not just any person with or without Priesthood authority could speak for the world. Individuals may receive warnings but they wouldn't have the right to speak for the world. What revelation they would receive would be for them and those under their stewardship. I believe that a Stake President for example might receive a warning of disaster for those in his stake, but he wouldn't be able to speak for the church as a whole.

We have precedence for multiple (an seemingly independent) prophets working at the same time.

Jurisdiction is another matter.

Archived