mnn727 Posted December 12, 2010 Posted December 12, 2010 I really HATE the new Church websiteDifficult to find what your looking for and finding a scripture is almost impossible.I don't want to study online, I want to be able to find verses and quotes and copy them for my use whether it be into MS Word for a talk or a lesson or to post on a message board. When you copy and past a section of verses each verse has the full Book:Chapter: Verse number in front of it - just more stuff to delete.It just doesn't work - I know you can go to the "classic" start page, but the links still take you to the new stuff.
frankenstein Posted December 12, 2010 Posted December 12, 2010 and where's the dadblasted link to the stake and ward websites, and why do I have sign in to that link as well.yes, I have deep and passionate dislike for the new lds.org
David T Posted December 12, 2010 Posted December 12, 2010 I really HATE the new Church websiteDifficult to find what your looking for and finding a scripture is almost impossible.I don't want to study online, I want to be able to find verses and quotes and copy them for my use whether it be into MS Word for a talk or a lesson or to post on a message board. When you copy and past a section of verses each verse has the full Book:Chapter: Verse number in front of it - just more stuff to delete.It just doesn't work - I know you can go to the "classic" start page, but the links still take you to the new stuff.http://classic.scriptures.lds.org - perhaps this is what you're looking for
ERayR Posted December 12, 2010 Posted December 12, 2010 Not what we are used to but certainly usable and once one gets used to it it may be better????????????.
Deborah Posted December 12, 2010 Posted December 12, 2010 I don't like the new website either. Search is awful. I tried accessing the classic scriptures link and it kept bringing me back to the new site. I don't have a problem with the chapter heading thing when I cut and paste but I just can't find anything. I miss the "study helps" addition on classic scripture search.
Libs Posted December 12, 2010 Posted December 12, 2010 I like it. I think it's much easier to use. I like the pop-down menu that shows everything on the site. Much better organized than the old site, IMO.
mnn727 Posted December 12, 2010 Author Posted December 12, 2010 Not what we are used to but certainly usable and once one gets used to it it may be better????????????. Not for what I use the website for. I use it to research, to find things and its rotton for that.
LDSToronto Posted December 12, 2010 Posted December 12, 2010 It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't so blasted slow! I'm never sure if a page is going to load or just blank out or sit there with the spinning icon. I'd like my hard-earned tithing dollars to go to something that actually works.H.
Lightbearer Posted December 12, 2010 Posted December 12, 2010 I do not like the new website either, I just click on the old "classic" site. The new site may be flashy and have a lot of beautiful art but if I am trying to download a lesson of do research I must go to the classic site to find anything, also the scripture site is very clunky and so I just use the CD version that I have on my computer.
Duncan Posted December 12, 2010 Posted December 12, 2010 the site stinks! I can't find any scripture or even old ensign articles! what a life!
oMtonic Posted December 12, 2010 Posted December 12, 2010 I miss the "study helps" addition on classic scripture search.They got rid of this? If so, then that's terrible!The online scriptures with the study helps (and cross references) help me greatly in my preparation of talks and lessons.
Thinking Posted December 12, 2010 Posted December 12, 2010 This website has gone through a couple of changes during the last few years. Each time I didn't like it at first, but eventually got used to it. Remember that not everything can be on the home page.
frankenstein Posted December 12, 2010 Posted December 12, 2010 This website has gone through a couple of changes during the last few years. Each time I didn't like it at first, but eventually got used to it. Remember that not everything can be on the home page.that is sort of how I feel, I do not like going to unfamiliar grocery stores, because I don't know where anything is, and nothing is intuitive.
Libs Posted December 12, 2010 Posted December 12, 2010 They got rid of this? If so, then that's terrible!The online scriptures with the study helps (and cross references) help me greatly in my preparation of talks and lessons.Cross references and study helps are still there.
Brenda Posted December 12, 2010 Posted December 12, 2010 I hate change too. But I didn't love the old site either. Searching for a topic was difficult. Anyway, I'm sure I'll get used to it and will forget it ever changed.
mapman Posted December 13, 2010 Posted December 13, 2010 As far as I can tell they didn't get rid of anything from the old site, they are just in different places. Footnotes and study helps are definitly still there. I think that you just have to get used to the new layout.
cinepro Posted December 13, 2010 Posted December 13, 2010 Not for what I use the website for. I use it to research, to find things and its rotton for that.I hate the new website as well. It isn't just that it looks different, or that things are in different places. Basic things like the search function and the formatting of articles have been tweaked in such a way that they don't work nearly as well as they used to. I tried to use it to prepare a lesson this weekend, and it was awful.If anyone can point out the benefits of the new site, I would be curious.
Libs Posted December 13, 2010 Posted December 13, 2010 I honestly don't see a difference in how the articles from a "search" are displayed. If anything, they are much easier to read, IMO.I just did a search on "marriage" and got a ton of articles and information, starting first with scripture and then moving on to Conference talks and magazine articles, etc. Seemed very organized.
Scott Lloyd Posted December 13, 2010 Posted December 13, 2010 and where's the dadblasted link to the stake and ward websites, and why do I have sign in to that link as well.Look in the "Tools" menu and go to "Directory," "Calendar" or "Maps." There's even a link there for "classic lds.org" stake and ward websites.Logging in, which has always been a requirement to access the stake and ward websites, even under the old lds.org, is, I suppose, necessary to help protect the privacy of those whose personal information is listed on those web pages.(I'm not an apologist for the new website. Just trying to help here.)
Bill “Papa” Lee Posted December 13, 2010 Posted December 13, 2010 I really HATE the new Church websiteDifficult to find what your looking for and finding a scripture is almost impossible.I don't want to study online, I want to be able to find verses and quotes and copy them for my use whether it be into MS Word for a talk or a lesson or to post on a message board. When you copy and past a section of verses each verse has the full Book:Chapter: Verse number in front of it - just more stuff to delete.It just doesn't work - I know you can go to the "classic" start page, but the links still take you to the new stuff.I am having trouble with it myself. Lessons are harder to prepare.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.