MustardSeed Posted Monday at 01:01 AM Posted Monday at 01:01 AM Our ward is now doing teacher training every month. Apparently this is a directive for everyone from the generals. Is your ward complying ? 1
Calm Posted Monday at 01:04 AM Posted Monday at 01:04 AM 2 minutes ago, MustardSeed said: Our ward is now doing teacher training every month. Apparently this is a directive for everyone from the generals. Is your ward complying ? When?
Rain Posted Monday at 01:43 AM Posted Monday at 01:43 AM 40 minutes ago, MustardSeed said: Our ward is now doing teacher training every month. Apparently this is a directive for everyone from the generals. Is your ward complying ? What is different about this from the prior monthly teacher training?
MustardSeed Posted Monday at 03:16 AM Author Posted Monday at 03:16 AM 2 hours ago, Calm said: When? Changed in September, we meet during second hour. Since I teach GD I miss RS. 1 hour ago, Rain said: What is different about this from the prior monthly teacher training? It used to be quarterly, now according to “changes in the Sunday schedule” section of LDS.org, under “common questions, “ it indicates monthly teacher training. I mean you gotta dig to find it but apparently our new SS president did her digging and now here we are. And she stated today she is not gonna let this die. I just wondered if we are the only ones. I suspect it might even be a typo since it’s not updated accordingly in the handbook itself. 1
Calm Posted Monday at 03:54 AM Posted Monday at 03:54 AM (edited) 38 minutes ago, MustardSeed said: Changed in September, we meet during second hour. Since I teach GD I miss RS. I am confused. Are you saying some teachers will miss teacher training? added: I think I get it. SS teacher training preempts RS for SS teachers once a month. Edited Monday at 03:55 AM by Calm 1
MustardSeed Posted Monday at 04:20 AM Author Posted Monday at 04:20 AM 24 minutes ago, Calm said: I am confused. Are you saying some teachers will miss teacher training? added: I think I get it. SS teacher training preempts RS for SS teachers once a month. And youth teachers /RS and Priesthood miss SS.
blackstrap Posted Monday at 04:29 AM Posted Monday at 04:29 AM How long will it take to teach teachers to adjust to the 25 minute schedule ?
MustardSeed Posted Monday at 05:27 AM Author Posted Monday at 05:27 AM 57 minutes ago, blackstrap said: How long will it take to teach teachers to adjust to the 25 minute schedule ? This appears to be permanent
bluebell Posted Monday at 01:56 PM Posted Monday at 01:56 PM 12 hours ago, MustardSeed said: Our ward is now doing teacher training every month. Apparently this is a directive for everyone from the generals. Is your ward complying ? We haven’t heard anything about this in our ward. 1
bluebell Posted Monday at 01:57 PM Posted Monday at 01:57 PM 9 hours ago, MustardSeed said: And youth teachers /RS and Priesthood miss SS. How are they doing it with the primary teachers? 1
MustardSeed Posted Monday at 02:46 PM Author Posted Monday at 02:46 PM 48 minutes ago, bluebell said: How are they doing it with the primary teachers? primary is going Rogue and doing their own thing. Not sure when they’re doing it, but I understand they’re only doing it monthly. 2
MustardSeed Posted Monday at 02:47 PM Author Posted Monday at 02:47 PM I’m trying to just be chill about this whole thing. 2
bluebell Posted Monday at 03:47 PM Posted Monday at 03:47 PM 58 minutes ago, MustardSeed said: I’m trying to just be chill about this whole thing. Do you think she would hunt you down if you went rogue and didn't go sometimes? 1
bluebell Posted Monday at 03:49 PM Posted Monday at 03:49 PM 1 hour ago, MustardSeed said: primary is going Rogue and doing their own thing. Not sure when they’re doing it, but I understand they’re only doing it monthly. In our ward we have only been doing teacher training once a year, and I've heard nothing new yet. But my ward is full of really old people who have been together since the dawn of time. They struggle with adapting to new stuff and tend to slide back into 1990s era church if they can get away with it. We've been late out of sacrament meeting (like 10 minutes over) every sunday but one so far. 1
MustardSeed Posted Monday at 05:53 PM Author Posted Monday at 05:53 PM I just asked my brother-in-law who’s a Bishop in Florida about it. He said “Yep. Just changed this month.” arrrrggghh 3
MustardSeed Posted Monday at 05:54 PM Author Posted Monday at 05:54 PM 2 hours ago, bluebell said: Do you think she would hunt you down if you went rogue and didn't go sometimes? Yes! She’s being fairly military about it. She’s sending out reminders the night before everybody and she hunted me down yesterday. I was talking to a ward member for five minutes after ss and then I went looking for the Teacher training class, she ran me down in the hall, hollering my name. And she talked about so-and-so while rolling her eyes who didn’t show up to the class. 2
MustardSeed Posted Monday at 05:55 PM Author Posted Monday at 05:55 PM 2 hours ago, bluebell said: In our ward we have only been doing teacher training once a year, and I've heard nothing new yet. But my ward is full of really old people who have been together since the dawn of time. They struggle with adapting to new stuff and tend to slide back into 1990s era church if they can get away with it. We've been late out of sacrament meeting (like 10 minutes over) every sunday but one so far. Oh boy, not us. Last week the Bishop stood up and whispered in the speakers ear and she was like. “ well I guess I’m done.” 🤣 2
bluebell Posted Monday at 09:29 PM Posted Monday at 09:29 PM 3 hours ago, MustardSeed said: I just asked my brother-in-law who’s a Bishop in Florida about it. He said “Yep. Just changed this month.” arrrrggghh Sounds like the church thinks that the teachers are going to really struggle with this 1
halconero Posted 17 hours ago Posted 17 hours ago On 9/28/2026 at 8:46 AM, MustardSeed said: primary is going Rogue and doing their own thing. Not sure when they’re doing it, but I understand they’re only doing it monthly. This was actually one of the suggestions in the materials that got sent out and the FAQ panels they held: that Primary presidencies consider hosting their own training meeting if it's inconvenient to find a way for the teachers to attend the regular SS/RS/EQ/Youth Sunday School training meetings. 2
bluebell Posted 17 hours ago Posted 17 hours ago 27 minutes ago, halconero said: This was actually one of the suggestions in the materials that got sent out and the FAQ panels they held: that Primary presidencies consider hosting their own training meeting if it's inconvenient to find a way for the teachers to attend the regular SS/RS/EQ/Youth Sunday School training meetings. It’s what we do. But like I said, our ward only does teacher training once a year so we’ve only had to do it once a year for primary as well. It will be interesting to see if that changes with the new directions. 1
Calm Posted 15 hours ago Posted 15 hours ago Is there a link where this can be read. My googlefu failed today…or maybe I just have no patience
JustAnAustralian Posted 14 hours ago Posted 14 hours ago 1 hour ago, Calm said: Is there a link where this can be read https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/feature/sunday-meeting-schedule Quote When do we hold teacher council meetings? Teacher council meetings are held monthly during one of the 25-minute class times on Sunday. Relief Society, Young Women, and priesthood quorum teachers and leaders can meet while Sunday School is being held. Sunday School teachers can meet while Relief Society, Young Women, and quorum meetings are being held. Information about teacher council meetings for Primary teachers can be found in General Handbook, 17.4. The ward council may organize teacher council meetings, as needed, for parents to help them improve gospel teaching in the home. Like other teacher council meetings, these are held during one of the 25-minute class times on Sunday. (See General Handbook, 13.5, 17.5.) 2
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now