Missionaries robbed at knife-point during East Idaho crime spree

JAHS

Mormon missionaries robbed at knife-point during East Idaho crime spree

"The two suspects then came across two male Mormon missionaries walking on the sidewalk along 1st Street, police said. One of the suspects exited the Durango, brandished a knife and demanded a backpack one of the missionaries was carrying. Police said the suspect told the missionaries he wanted the backpack because he believed it contained drugs.
The missionary gave the backpack to the suspect, who then got back in the Durango..."

Won't he be surprised when he looks in the backpack. Maybe he will read a Book of Mormon and change his ways. 🙂

1 hour ago, JAHS said:

Police said the suspect told the missionaries he wanted the backpack because he believed it contained drugs.

The suspect was probably high himself if he actually thought that. 

Probably gets an tablet and a phone I am guessing, I assume missionaries still carry actual scriptures though last time we had a ‘lesson’ one gave us his tablet to read...but that was when they were brand new and the kid was obsessed with it. 

5 hours ago, Calm said:

The suspect was probably high himself if he actually thought that. 

Probably gets an tablet and a phone I am guessing, I assume missionaries still carry actual scriptures though last time we had a ‘lesson’ one gave us his tablet to read...but that was when they were brand new and the kid was obsessed with it. 

I would think they would want to/ have to... not everyone wants to stop and have to read a tablet or phone... I would hope most would want to take something home to study in their own time and space... 

GG

50 minutes ago, Garden Girl said:

I would think they would want to/ have to... not everyone wants to stop and have to read a tablet or phone... I would hope most would want to take something home to study in their own time and space... 

GG

They would of course have some copies of the Bool of Mormon on them in case they have the opportunity to give them to people

On 11/28/2020 at 8:57 PM, JAHS said:

They would of course have some copies of the Bool of Mormon on them in case they have the opportunity to give them to people

Indeed: Perhaps we'll see a related headline within a month or two: Reformed robber mends ways after being converted by stolen Book of Mormon.

:D:rofl::D

Edited by Kenngo1969
18 hours ago, Kenngo1969 said:

Indeed: Perhaps we'll see a related headline within a month or two: Reformed robber mends ways after being converted by stolen Book of Mormon.

:D:rofl::D

Here's another question: Could the missionaries legitimately count those books as Books of Mormon placed in their weekly stats? :D:rofl::D

Man, this story just keeps getting better and better.  You can't make this stuff up, folks!  Clean cut, white shirts and ties ... Yeah, I'll bet they've got drugs!

Idaho Falls Police officers spoke with the missionaries who said as they walked on the sidewalk, a man later identified as Blanchette, got out of the passenger side door of a Dodge Durango SUV. The missionaries explained that Blanchette approached them with a knife in hand and demanded they hand over their backpacks, which he believed had drugs inside.

This is your brain on drugs.  Any questions? ;):D

Edited by Kenngo1969
50 minutes ago, katherine the great said:

That would actually be a pretty clever M.O. for a drug dealer.

Wouldn’t be surprised if it has been done. A number of years ago, in Texas I believe, there were a couple of home invasions done by guys in missionary attire. 

I am pretty sure they caught them.  Maybe someone else remembers?

16 minutes ago, katherine the great said:

I shouldn't laugh but... 😂

The idea is quite funny. Your reaction was mine. But the reality...hopefully once the trauma and injury fades, the fact they got a story to tell helps. 

It was Vegas:

https://www.standard.net/men-dressed-as-mormon-missionaries-rob-homeowner/article_0a20ec76-6b93-58e2-b01a-e97f0e80b33b.html

Edited by Calm