I Forget What Does Gael Stand for

12 hours ago, rodheadlee said:

I'm trying to figure out where the KEP and the roller stamp found in Mexico at Tlatilco dating to 1000-500 BC fit into the B of A discussion. I can't remember what GAEL stands for.

http://www.ancientamerica.org/library/media/HTML/ts86mek5/A Possible llnear script.htm?n=0

I tried to answer this, but a 404 error popped up, for no obvious reason.  I'll copy it this time:

GAEL is a part of the Kirtland Egyptian Papers known as the “Grammar & A[l]phabet of the Egyptian Language” (GAEL); cf. Diary of Joseph Smith for Nov 15, 1843, when Joseph “suggested the Idea of preparing a grammer [sic] of the Egyptian Language.”   Jeff Lindsay discusses some interesting aspects of the GAEL at https://mormanity.blogspot.com/2019/05/more-on-impact-of-hebrew-study-on.html .

As to the Tlatilco Seal, see JBMS, 8/1 (1999): 68–69, http://www.dnatree.co.kr/scripture/4standard/bom_kej/link_02ne2/New Light Anthon Transcript Writing Found - Maxwell Institute JBMS.htm  .

Will be happy to answer any further questions.

18 hours ago, Robert F. Smith said:

If this board would stop giving me "404 ERROR" messages and erasing my work, I could get it in quicker.

Probably 403 Forbidden.  404 is a page Not Found. I get 403 sometimes and it usually seems to be if I have used a word that the board software thinks is naughty.

I've lost so many really great posts (in my mind anyway) with 403. I try to save the text before trying to post if I have spent a lot of time and effort on one. But I forget to save it before posting. Happened a few days ago. Lost an absolutely brilliant post! I was too disheartened, not to mention out of time, to try to reproduce it.  

My most brilliant posts seem to get no attention, however, so perhaps it was all for the best!! :D 

1 hour ago, Stargazer said:

Probably 403 Forbidden.  404 is a page Not Found. I get 403 sometimes and it usually seems to be if I have used a word that the board software thinks is naughty.

I've lost so many really great posts (in my mind anyway) with 403. I try to save the text before trying to post if I have spent a lot of time and effort on one. But I forget to save it before posting. Happened a few days ago. Lost an absolutely brilliant post! I was too disheartened, not to mention out of time, to try to reproduce it.  

My most brilliant posts seem to get no attention, however, so perhaps it was all for the best!! :D 

Yep, probably 403.  I have changed words sometimes, and that seems to help.  Most recently I got rid of the word p o k e r (the game).

22 hours ago, Robert F. Smith said:

Yep, probably 403.  I have changed words sometimes, and that seems to help.  Most recently I got rid of the word p o k e r (the game).

The long post which I lost was probably like that. 

There was a time when YouTube channels couldn't talk about breast cancer, or breast feeding because they'd inevitably get flagged for prohibited content. I understand the problem from the provider's point of view, actually. Years ago I operated a forum for a particular science fiction series, and I was constantly having to fight spammers who would sign up and post hundreds of bad things.  Automated spammers, in fact. I remember coming back to the site after being on vacation only to find that the place had been dumped on by literally thousands of spam posts.  It was a nightmare.