Bless my Ministering brothers and sisters

Yeah.....!!!  This is what ministering is all about...and no doubt you have done much for others.  Keep us posted on your eye situation okay?  Prayers with you!

This is from the 63 year old widow in a cool but partly cloudy mountains of Cache Valley....😊

Edited by Jeanne

That's awesome. Praying you heal quickly! :wub: 

Well... home safe and sound, and able to make it on my own.   I remember a few days ago I was rubbing the eye/lid because it was itching, and when I'd blink it would feel like I had something under the lid that would scratch... exam showed lots of swelling, etc.  Anyway, I'm on a steroid every 12 hrs for two weeks.  Doc faxed prescription to my pharm in Lincoln City, so that I could pick it up on my way through town.  Only thing is, pharm didn't have it in stock (and neither did my Plan B pharm), so it will be available tomorrow after 2:00.  So I have to go another 24 hrs without meds... AAAGGGHHH...  But I'm feeling thankful just the same.  All is good...

GG

On 4/17/2019 at 2:27 PM, Garden Girl said:

Fellow posters... as most of you know, I'm a 78 year old, widowed sister, living alone in the wilds of the beautiful central Oregon coast... I'm fortunate to be quite independent and self sufficient... but every now and then I have to call on someone for help so when I do they know I'm in trouble... today is such a day... I have developed an eye infection of some type where my eye is quite red, and painful when I blink... the whole eye/socket seems to be affected.  So I called my eye doc, located in Salem, a 130 mile round trip. and they are working me in... I have no idea what will happen or if I'll be able to drive myself home.  So I called my RS pres and without skipping a beat we made plans for such a possibility...  Can you understand how that makes me feel, knowing that I can take off on a difficult drive inland but knowing I'm not alone and help is a call away?  Now I know other faiths have good people, ready to help their members, but I appreciate that the "ministering" is such a part of who we are.  I'm trusting that I'll be able to make it home on my own today, but have no worry in case I can't... thanks to my ward brothers and sisters...

from the beach on a cloudy, overcast day... GG

They should take good care of you, you are wonderful treasure to us all. Hope I spelled this correctly, can’t seem to find my glasses right now.. For all I know I am typing a recipe. :) 

Well fellow posters... I've done it this time...  I've had an auto accident, my fault... I rear-ended someone!!  This afternoon I was driving south on Hwy 101 through Lincoln City.  Parked alongside the highway with lights flashing was a patrol car... as I drove by I glanced over, but I did NOT gawk...when I turned back forward there was a car stopped for a pedestrian right in front of me.  I swerved and just caught her back bumper with my left fender/headlight.  I wasn't going very fast, but wham!  Neither of us were hurt and her bumper hardly had a scratch, just a small scrape that was barely noticeable.  My van however is dented pretty good... the police came, then the tow truck, etc... he took me to my home in Gleneden Beach, about 10 miles south.  I carry AAA-Plus, and good auto coverage... I'm always so careful on this highway, so can't understand how I did this.  I got distracted by the blasted police car...😥

Anyway, I got home and called one of my ministering brothers, and am so thankful for him.  I have everything I need for now but he does stand ready to help if necessary.  Again, that is such a comfort to me... 

GG

51 minutes ago, Garden Girl said:

Well fellow posters... I've done it this time...  I've had an auto accident, my fault... I rear-ended someone!!  This afternoon I was driving south on Hwy 101 through Lincoln City.  Parked alongside the highway with lights flashing was a patrol car... as I drove by I glanced over, but I did NOT gawk...when I turned back forward there was a car stopped for a pedestrian right in front of me.  I swerved and just caught her back bumper with my left fender/headlight.  I wasn't going very fast, but wham!  Neither of us were hurt and her bumper hardly had a scratch, just a small scrape that was barely noticeable.  My van however is dented pretty good... the police came, then the tow truck, etc... he took me to my home in Gleneden Beach, about 10 miles south.  I carry AAA-Plus, and good auto coverage... I'm always so careful on this highway, so can't understand how I did this.  I got distracted by the blasted police car...😥

Anyway, I got home and called one of my ministering brothers, and am so thankful for him.  I have everything I need for now but he does stand ready to help if necessary.  Again, that is such a comfort to me... 

GG

Glad you are OK, cars can be replaced, you cannot. Be safe, again you mean a lot to us here. 

On 4/17/2019 at 12:27 PM, Garden Girl said:

Fellow posters... as most of you know, I'm a 78 year old, widowed sister, living alone in the wilds of the beautiful central Oregon coast... I'm fortunate to be quite independent and self sufficient... but every now and then I have to call on someone for help so when I do they know I'm in trouble... today is such a day... I have developed an eye infection of some type where my eye is quite red, and painful when I blink... the whole eye/socket seems to be affected.  So I called my eye doc, located in Salem, a 130 mile round trip. and they are working me in... I have no idea what will happen or if I'll be able to drive myself home.  So I called my RS pres and without skipping a beat we made plans for such a possibility...  Can you understand how that makes me feel, knowing that I can take off on a difficult drive inland but knowing I'm not alone and help is a call away?  Now I know other faiths have good people, ready to help their members, but I appreciate that the "ministering" is such a part of who we are.  I'm trusting that I'll be able to make it home on my own today, but have no worry in case I can't... thanks to my ward brothers and sisters...

from the beach on a cloudy, overcast day... GG

This is why I moved back to take care of mom, youngest of 3 sons, mom had me waaay late in life and she's getting up there.  Doesn't help she's not from here and not a stellar driver herself.  Helps my older brothers can throw money at her but unlike me they're not as mobile so here I am.  This is also why we're probably moving here in a few years, CO is so crowded nowadays and the people moving in are well, kinda rotten.  From what I hear, Utah is getting the same, sad.  Happy the family in Hawaii has it together, even though there's new construction I kinda doubt it will end up like it is out here, your average mainlander can't make it out there, esp. with kids.