Jump to content
Seriously No Politics ×

Climate Change as a Secular Religion


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, snowflake said:

LOL, journalistic standards seriously....CNN?:lol:  Just general news, with a massive slant and agenda.

The far right doesn't like CNN because they tend to hold Orange Mussolini accountable for the things he says and does. But their journalism is solid.

I'm sure you prefer state propaganda outlets - equivalent to the KCNA

Edited by Gray
Posted

Most strongly held beliefs are religion-like or religion-light if you will. That's why it is common to hear that a person does some action " religiously" . Heck, I watch Netflix religiously.

Posted
16 minutes ago, Gray said:

The far right doesn't like CNN because they tend to hold Orange Mussolini accountable for the things he says and does. But their journalism is solid.

I'm sure you prefer state propaganda outlets - equivalent to the KCNA

Lol, I love it Orange Mussolini LOL :lol:.....no I am still smiling and laughing!

Posted
37 minutes ago, mfbukowski said:

I have requested the thread be shut down.   Major derail- totally predictable.

We just cannot discuss philosophy here - it's pretty disappointing.

Aww, shucks...... I was just gettin into my merge of moral philosophy of anti-global warming, and religion merge, and here you are derailing me.... Jeesh, you'd think you were the OP... :) 

Posted
2 hours ago, clarkgoble said:

What. You mean maybe, just maybe Gore wasn't a great spokesman for the science and exaggerated? So does that mean that if some other politician misrepresents things the things he misrepresents must also be false?

His An Inconvenient Truth should go down in history as one of the great untruths, and one of the great examples of how not to use science....Lefties, run now!

Posted
43 minutes ago, Sky said:

Climate change science is not a religion, it’s science.  It is measureable and tangible.  

Are there religious and moral arguments to be made to do something about it?  Yes.  

Not sure if this is exactly what you wanted, but it’s how I feel about it.  

Ptolemy's universe is not religion, it is science.  It is plain to anyone who can see and is obviously true.  Science shows us the earth is flat and the sun goes under its edge every night and appears on the other side of the world every morning.  That is empirical observation at its finest.

Are there religious and moral arguments to be made to do something about it?  Yes of course.  The earth is the center of the universe and we posess and dominate the earth for our use.  God made it 6000 years ago and without him it could not exist.  That is a scientific fact- straight from the bible.

Not sure if this is exactly what you wanted but it's not how I feel about the relationship of science and religion.

Scientific facts have nothing to do with their spiritual importance.  If you do not get that, this thread is not for you anyway- but it is dying anyway.

Posted
19 minutes ago, RevTestament said:

Aww, shucks...... I was just gettin into my merge of moral philosophy of anti-global warming, and religion merge, and here you are derailing me.... Jeesh, you'd think you were the OP... :) 

Hey we can start another one just leaving out global warming I guess.  Make it science vs religion- we never talk about that here.  ;)

 

Posted
3 minutes ago, mfbukowski said:

Hey we can start another one just leaving out global warming I guess.  Make it science vs religion- we never talk about that here.  ;)

 

Only if we can somehow work homosexuality and SSM into it..

Posted
2 minutes ago, mfbukowski said:

Scientific facts have nothing to do with their spiritual importance.  If you do not get that, this thread is not for you anyway- but it is dying anyway.

 I thought in Mormonism, all things are spiritual.  

But I guess I just don’t get it.  Either that, or we just disagree.  

Either way, this will be my last comment here.  

Posted
6 minutes ago, mfbukowski said:

Hey we can start another one just leaving out global warming I guess.  Make it science vs religion- we never talk about that here.  ;)

 

Your thread may be "dying" but I'm not sure if you've noticed, that it has become the "hot" thread - I guess it is at least controversial even if you did not intend it to be what it became!

Posted
8 minutes ago, MiserereNobis said:

Only if we can somehow work homosexuality and SSM into it..

AND women and the priesthood....

Posted
4 minutes ago, RevTestament said:

Your thread may be "dying" but I'm not sure if you've noticed, that it has become the "hot" thread - I guess it is at least controversial even if you did not intend it to be what it became!

Yeah like someone said I should have gotten some gay reference in there somehow- dang that climate change family should have been gay!!   What a mess-up!;)

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Sky said:

 I thought in Mormonism, all things are spiritual.  

But I guess I just don’t get it.  Either that, or we just disagree.  

Either way, this will be my last comment here.  

Exactly.

But in science nothing is spiritual on purpose.   Spiritual matters are confirmed by feelings in the heart and are not objective observations

See the difference?

Edited by mfbukowski
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Sky said:

I’ll just say I’m not gonna help speed it along!  I ultimately believe in making this world a better place in the here and now.  We all share this earth.  And as far as I can tell, there is only one earth.  I also believe in being a responsible steward for future generations.  

I definitely believe in being a good steward,  we recycle, we have solar panels on my house, and one of our cars is a hybrid, we garden and compost. I used to use a reel type, hand propelled lawnmower until I needed my back surgery. We do all these things, just not because we buy into man made climate change propaganda, its just who we are and yes, it does save us $$.

Edited by mnn727
Posted
12 minutes ago, mnn727 said:

 we garden and compost.... 

That is not being a good steward!! Your composting is just dumping that CO2 back into the atmosphere!! And under the proposed carbon tax, you'll have to put in a solar powered CO2 counter and pay your fair share of taxes friend. And don't try to wiggle your way out of it, because the Carbon Co police are watchin ya since they had to expand their scope because no one wants their carbon anymore!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...