Jump to content

If everyone was like my cat Benny


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, probablyHagoth7 said:

Sounds like an amazing friend.

If (you or) Benny ever needs a place to camp out while on your many voyages, please give the word.

What an amazing offer p.m. me your location. We'll be sailing out of here in about a year.

Link to comment

I too would love to have you and Patti and the cats as guests if you ever sail north on up the west coast my way... your port would be Newport, OR.  I'm just north of Newport in Gleneden Beach.  IIRC you're still in the Delta area of CA?? Anyway, I loved reading about Benny and am so happy he found a home with you.

GG

Link to comment
6 hours ago, rodheadlee said:

If everyone was like my cat Benny the world would be a better place. He has two bad hips, a bad ticker,  he is going blind in one eye and he has a huge overbite but he goes everywhere with his tail up and as happy as can be. Every blade of grass, every bug, every leaf , every bird and all the sea creatures are things to behold with Wonder. He sits with the geese and tries to be like them he examines the sea lions from every angle possible trying to figure out what they are. He is the happiest guy on the face of the Earth.

This post is what is going to get me out of bed today.

I have some lettuces calling me as well, but they aren't yelling loud enough for guilt to motivate me, but I like the idea of going and seeing the world from my backyard.

Edited by Calm
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Garden Girl said:

I too would love to have you and Patti and the cats as guests if you ever sail north on up the west coast my way... your port would be Newport, OR.  I'm just north of Newport in Gleneden Beach.  IIRC you're still in the Delta area of CA?? Anyway, I loved reading about Benny and am so happy he found a home with you.

GG

Hey do you know if that entrance to that harbor is passable in bad weather? We might move to Eureka and that entrance was closed out with 8 foot breaking waves for the entire distance of the channel into the bay.

Link to comment
8 hours ago, rodheadlee said:

If everyone was like my cat Benny the world would be a better place. He has two bad hips, a bad ticker,  he is going blind in one eye and he has a huge overbite but he goes everywhere with his tail up and as happy as can be. Every blade of grass, every bug, every leaf , every bird and all the sea creatures are things to behold with Wonder. He sits with the geese and tries to be like them he examines the sea lions from every angle possible trying to figure out what they are. He is the happiest guy on the face of the Earth.

What do you think of Orson Pratt's notion (The Seer) that our pets and even wild animals will be with us on the other side of the veil?

Link to comment
2 hours ago, rodheadlee said:

Hey do you know if that entrance to that harbor is passable in bad weather? We might move to Eureka and that entrance was closed out with 8 foot breaking waves for the entire distance of the channel into the bay.

I know it can be tricky, Rod... Newport is home to the Coast Guard so you could find out easily enough just what the conditions are at any given time.  When we have high winds, the waves are even higher.

GG

Link to comment

So Bennie's latest trick is to invite the homeless cats over for dinner. We keep a cat dish in the outside cockpit because his sister Leia likes to eat alfresco, so to make her mad he invites all of his buddies over to eat her food.

Link to comment
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...