Inpatient Drug Rehab

rongo

I'm trying to help a member who has struggled with deep-seated drug addiction from a young age. At this point, I think inpatient rehab gives us our best shot at giving the member a fighting chance. I don't have any experience in looking at options, though, and figure that googling probably isn't the best way to find a good program. Cost is a consideration (the family is on Obamacare, and already owes $25,000 for a surgery), but I want to find a good candidate program before we cross that bridge.

Any experiences helping someone find a program? Any tips for looking for one are appreciated.

Thanks!

I'm trying to help a member who has struggled with deep-seated drug addiction from a young age. At this point, I think inpatient rehab gives us our best shot at giving the member a fighting chance. I don't have any experience in looking at options, though, and figure that googling probably isn't the best way to find a good program. Cost is a consideration (the family is on Obamacare, and already owes $25,000 for a surgery), but I want to find a good candidate program before we cross that bridge.

Any experiences helping someone find a program? Any tips for looking for one are appreciated.

Thanks!

I would contact the local Recovery Community Organization (A non-profit advocacy/education/support group; Google that term with your town and state and something should come up), and speak with their leadership or members. Or your state's substance abuse agency (you can look it up here http://www.samhsa.gov/sites/default/files/ssadirectory.pdf).Also his doctor or insurance company as they might have suggestions if they understand his case enough.

Your state Division of Mental Health and Substance Abuse likely will be able to help, as well.

There are lots of programs around.   But I can't say I know many that are effective at changing lives. 

It is best to find one in your own location so that the client has a support network when they get out. 

It is also best to find one that has people skilled in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, if the client is self-medicating for PTSD and other trauma.

The Affordable Care Act requires mental health and substance abuse to be treated equitably as medical issues.  If the client can get 45 days of treatment that is better than 30.

White Sands in Fort Myers FL.

My brother recently detoxed by himself with a couple of friends nearby.  I talked to him the other day on the phone, it was so nice to carry a decent conversation for a change.  I hope he continues sobriety.  He's been on this road for so long for a 45 year old man.  He did this on his own, he didn't have the money to go to a place.  I hope your friend gets help very soon.