Anthony Geary (Tony Dean Geary), who just retired after 37 years as “Luke Spencer” in the soap opera “General Hospital,” is a baptized Mormon (born in Coalville, Utah, in 1947), although he no longer believes in any kind of organized religion.  Never married.  Has no children.  Currently lives in Amsterdam.  Apparently gay, although Elizabeth Taylor claimed to have had an affair with him.

Handsome, good actor..hope he enjoys retirement to the fullest.  Whether he was mormon or not..doesn't give or take away a thing about who he is.

Thanks for the info.  Didn't know he was born in Utard. :acute:

Wow. Is that the same show that Mom watched when I came home from school? On that General Hospital there was a doctor who had been an infielder for the Indians, Dr. Hardy. That is about all I remember. Some nurse named Audrey liked him. At Christmas time Dr. Hardy would tell the Christmas story. Same show?

Handsome, good actor..hope he enjoys retirement to the fullest.  Whether he was mormon or not..doesn't give or take away a thing about who he is.

Thanks for the info.  Didn't know he was born in Utard. :acute:

I never understood why women were so taken with him.. he may be a good actor... even considered handsome... but I always scratched my head as in "really?"  However, I can join in wishing him well in his retirement, and agree Mormon or not doesn't matter...

GG

Same here, GG.

If I remember, his character hit big because he was obsessed with a woman, raped her and then the writers had them fall in love and it was promoted as The Love Story...disgusted me at the time (wasn't his fault, of course, it was the writers).

I had roommates into it so picked up from their talking and the times I got trapped by walking in on an episode looking for something to eat. Grateful I only had one year someone had a TV in our apartment.

Edited by calmoriah

I never understood why women were so taken with him.. he may be a good actor... even considered handsome... but I always scratched my head as in "really?"  However, I can join in wishing him well in his retirement, and agree Mormon or not doesn't matter...

GG

:air_kiss: There are people who are cute..and the ones that just radiate sex appeal..I can't figure it out either..but I liked him.

So, according to Wikipedia (not the most reliable source), this is the guy who played Philo in Weird Al's movie "UHF".  Intriguing.

• 2 weeks later...

Anthony Geary (Tony Dean Geary), who just retired after 37 years as “Luke Spencer” in the soap opera “General Hospital,” is a baptized Mormon (born in Coalville, Utah, in 1947), although he no longer believes in any kind of organized religion.  Never married.  Has no children.  Currently lives in Amsterdam.  Apparently gay, although Elizabeth Taylor claimed to have had an affair with him.

When I was stationed in Germany, it was during the Luke and Laura craze. It was something to see all the big and bury Army types such as myself running for a TV to keep up with the saga.