Update 2 ( Partial )

LOSTONE

My wife wet to the doctors today. They found 2 lumps, not 1. Both are concerning, but one is a big concern. Her family history is horrible with breast cancer so now there is a huge increase in cancer concern after today. She has to do additional scans to do, but can’t get in any sooner than mid February. She is scared, our daughter ( 8 ) is freaked out, and I am very stressed. I don’t know what else to say... :sorry:

My wife wet to the doctors today. They found 2 lumps, not 1. Both are concerning, but one is a big concern. Her family history is horrible with breast cancer so now there is a huge increase in cancer concern after today. She has to do additional scans to do, but can’t get in any sooner than mid February. She is scared, our daughter ( 8 ) is freaked out, and I am very stressed. I don’t know what else to say... :sorry:

I know this is terrible... the waiting... were you able to request her name to be put on a waiting list for cancellations so she can get in sooner?

There is a sister at Church who was diagnosed with breast cancer and who has now gone through a treatment program that looks really good... I do want to be encouraging because treatment has improved greatly in recent years with positive results.  I know many factors are involved and will pray for the best for you all...

GG

I am sorry, and pray that you both have physical and emotional health in the coming days. On the good side is that most lumps are benign, and that early detection and treatment of the cancerous ones offer good chances for long term survival. My sister-in-law died from a very aggressive form of breast cancer. She was given 6 months to live, but she fooled them all and lasted 6 years.

Edited by thesometimesaint

Thoughts and prayers.

I think you should consider excluding an 8 yr old daughter from uncertain details at this time. When and if it becomes necessary to reveal terrible news, prepare yourself first. Your daughter will need to see your true faith in God, that trusts in His care in the midst of life's sorrows.

God bless,

Rory

It is the uncertainty that is so hard on kids and young adults, in my experience.  It may be too late and it may not be your choice but your wife's to tell her, but when it is known and the plans are made so she knows things aren't going to change on her so she can prepare herself would probably be better.