A "how To" Question About The Forum

Silhouette

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place, but this is the only place I seemed to be able to start a new topic.

I'm new here, and have received two private messages from a Senior Admin. When I try to access them, an error page comes up that says I'm not allowed to use the private messaging system, so I'm unable to access the messages even to read them.

What should I do, and when may I expect to be able to use this system?

I'm also unable to edit my posts. I might add that I'm coming in from my cell phone, as I don't have access to a computer at the present time. Therefore I must use the mobile version rather than the full version. Does this make a difference?

Hmmm thats a first.  Ill have to look into that problem.  And you should be able to after 15 or 20 posts.  Basically it says you can't start posts except in the social forum, but that you can reply to any post or topic on the page.  Once you switch from new member to member, it will be done automatically, then you can start topics on all forums except the archive.

Nemesis

Thank you, Nemesis. This is why I haven't responded to the private messages. I just can't access them. Didn't want you to think I was just being snotty LOL

25 posts unless the setting has been changed, actually Nemesis…unless the setting is different for other things besides starting new threads and editing.

PS:  easiest way to up posts quickly is to go into the three word thread and add ten more posts which means 30 words for you…just please read a page or two back so you make sense…as much sense as is meant to be made, that is.  :)

Edited by calmoriah

25 posts unless the setting has been changed, actually Nemesis…unless the setting is different for other things besides starting new threads and editing.

PS:  easiest way to up posts quickly is to go into the three word thread and add ten more posts which means 30 words for you…just please read a page or two back so you make sense…as much sense as is meant to be made, that is.   :)

Last I heard, the latest from the "Three Word Story" thread is that President Monson was nearing Kolob riding a unicorn.  Do I have that right? :D:rofl::D

Thanks for the welcome and advice everyone. I will hie myself over to "three words" and start posting.

I still can't access my private messages, though. It still says I don't have permission to use the private messaging system, which is frustrating because there are messages there waiting that I can't get to.

Thanks, I hadn't thought of that. Problem is that I have two messages from a senior admin over there that I can't access to read.

Update: I'm able to get to my private messages now, and can also edit my posts now. Yay!!

Edited by Silhouette

Thank you, Nemesis. This is why I haven't responded to the private messages. I just can't access them. Didn't want you to think I was just being snotty LOL

Ooooo...Snotty to the mods and lived to tell about it.  That's gotta be a first!

ROFL

Ooooo...Snotty to the mods and lived to tell about it.  That's gotta be a first!

Getting a response from the mods in the first place is a pretty good start.  They are pretty selective, or just plain busy moderating, thanks be to them for being there at all!!